Eat Myself Skinny

Well done one the losses! First award too, a great motivator :) its a fab result for a month too!
Did you have a nice birthday? X

It was lovely thank-you. Yes definitely a motivator, so pleased with it. How are you and how is the journey going? xx

Ah glad you had a lovely day :) I'm good thank you! Busy with wedding prep but its mostly nice things lol. I hit target last week! I decided to keep going rather than maintaining to take account for any hen do/stress gains but I'll see how it goes xx

That is awesome news, so happy for you! Yes probably best now that the festivities are closer lol. I am sure you will make a stunning bride! Honestly with the stress don't worry about it, everything will go smoothly, you two just need to make sure you enjoy your special day. Goes by in a blink of an eye. Congrats again sweets! xxx

Thank you hunni :)
Its all becoming very real! I can imagine it going by so scarily quickly. I've put off organising it for ages cos I don't want it to be over!
But getting to target is one less thing to worry about.
Any plans this week? X

I love that. You are going to look amazeballs in your dress! Trust me you will be suffering from withdrawal symptoms of planning once the big day is over. I felt so idle and bored lol not planning all the time.
Plans this week not much free weekend, which means lots of sleep and cleaning. Oh the joys lol
What about you?xx

I can't wait! Keep resisting putting my dress on- picked it up in a sale so I have it at home!
I can imagine there being a bit of a void, though I'll be going into the third year of my PhD so think that will keep me busy haha
Busy weekend actually! Out for lunch tomorrow then night out with friends. Working sunday boo :-(
Happy cleaning- I did quite a lot today and the house feels loads better for it xx

A 2.5lbs off last night! Very happy with that. Had a bit of a revelation from my consultant this week and she saved me 9.5syns for the next day...phew! I had no idea that the Asda Chosen by You Simply Porridge 27g sachets are an enormous 9.5syns each, and i make them up with water! So yeah don't buy those, was planning to have some porridge with fruit for breakfast two days ago and I am so glad she mentioned it to me the night before!

Well done on the loss!
Wow that's some synful porridge- is it packed with golden syrup or something?
Much as I love sw I dislike how brand-loyal they can be so often exercise common sense when it comes to hexb's. But if there's a good reason I'll forgive ;-) x

Surprising thing is that they are plain and unflavoured. Yes the brand loyalty seems to cost a fair penny too. But hey ho gotta get slim! How are all the arrangements going x

Been suggested by a friend to avoid having my Hex A allowance as I only stick to the cheese as I am not a big fan of milk. I do understand that having 30g of cheese everyday amounts to a weekly total of 210g which is quite a bit if calculated over time. Do any of you believe you can have calcium tablets or other foods to get your calcium intake. Or have you tried to cut it out completely? What was the result for you a gain, a loss or a maintain. I understand that there is a valid point of science behind this healthy lifestyle which I point out to people when questioned, but you know people they like to have their two pence. Would love to hear some thoughts on this.

So I lost 0.5lb yesterday at weigh in. I wasn't too disappointed at least it was a loss. How has everyone else's week been. I found an alternative to cheese, hurrayyy! I am now trying out the Alpro Almond Chocolate milk. It actually tastes lovely and very filling. I love that I can use 250ml of it as my Hex A and it still feels like a naughty treat. Once I buy my oats this week I will be using the milk to make baked oat muffins which will taste like chocolate yet be syn free!

Have a good week all! xx

So I maintained, kind of expected that as we went out for a big chinese banquet for my cousins 21st birthday and all the food was pre-ordered. We also spent mothers day in a restaurant so yeh you get the picture, at least it wasn't a gain. I have my friends hen party this weekend. We are going out for food to ASK and then drinks and dancing the night away, bit of body magic there in heels, I THINK SO! Trying to stick to 5 syns a day so that I can have a good allowance on Saturday. Any recommendations of what to order, i personally would just order a salad if I am unsure.

Good news on the maintain- Chinese can be a minefield!
Sounds like a good night out planned! If you like salad then go for that- mind dressings though- but I'd be tempted to have a tomato based pasta dish to soak up some booze and because I'm a salad dodger lol. You could save your hexb for any olive oil in the sauce (I gather its no longer classed as a hexb but I continue to count it as one).
Ultimately though, just have a great time & get back on it on Sunday! X

So gutted, half a pound from my Stone award!!! Never mind though, I am just glad my plan worked of sticking to 5 syns a day! 2 pound loss whilst being on the vodka is fine with me! still ended up having a salad though, i'm quite lucky in one way I don't like my salads dripping in dressing so didn't miss that aspect too much, getting used to the idea of restaurants really not knowing how to skip on the dressing or oil in salads, most of the time have to send it back, but so worth the wait as I refuse to put in those empty calories and save them for other things!

Have a good week all!

woop woop, guess who hit their 1 stone award and a little more! sorry to be overjoyed but I am, starting to prove others wrong and make myself and my body more thankful for it. Lost 1.5lbs last night taking me over a little closer to my next half stone bracket. This easter weekend consists of a few days away and meals out. Going to have to tread very carefully. Thankfully I am not too bad with food when I go out it is mainly the alcohol! Have a wonderful easter break everyone
xx

-0.5lb I will take that like a trophy! Week started off great stuck to 5 syns a day no problems. Come Saturday (the day we left for our weekend trip), I thought I wouldnt feel so bad and would try and make good choices where possible as I didn't know what would be on offer at the hotel 3 course menu wise, their website hadn't been updated. In the afternoon I had a chicken steak with salad so lots of speed there. Four of us then shared a huge brownie sizzler with icecream and cream on top drizzled in choc sauce and sizzling fudge :D it was lovely however.

Dinner at the hotel I chose the below
Ballotine of pork and chicken (gave my crisp breads away)
Fillet of Bass with a prawn sauce, potatoes and speed veg
Cheese and Biscuits
Drinks: diet coke

Woke up on Sunday and wow my stomach was causing havoc. Managed to have some breakfast which was x1 sausage, x1 wholemeal toast, eggs, beans and 2 kiwis. The rest of the day all I had was a frozen yoghurt at the cinemas, I couldn't bring myself to eat anything. I had such a severe stomachache accompanied by the worst gastroenteritis symptoms (sorry for the gross details).

Monday was better no stomach ache there, I think it was the sea bass main, either it was too rich or gone off fish as it was very overcooked and smelt extremely fishy (I cook bass at home and it never smells!)

All in all I thought it was going to be a maintain or a half pound on but I am very pleased with the result. Hope everyone is doing good xxx

Back