Extra Easy: My weekly promise - 1 new thing

I think I'm just a bit of a fusspot, lol! Xx

Lol I'll still try them. Maybe not as ambitious as the pineapple thingy, I bought some lean diced bacon today so might crisp that up with the scallops and some garlic lime etc as a starter nom nom

At least I can say I've tried them though :) xx

Indeed you did. I was very brave and tried oysters a couple of years ago. I always wanted to, but it's an expensive mistake to make!! But I had a shellfish platter which came with two oysters so I thought it wouldn't matter if I didn't like them, and at least I would have tried them.

Verdict - Hmmmmmm ...... OK, ate them, would eat them again if they came my way, but wouldn't choose them off a menu.

Well ..... Mini scallops tried as a starter on a large lettuce leaf. I sliced them thinly and placed them in a bowl with prawns, marinated in lime juice, chilli, garlic, salt ,pepper and coriander. Fried off some lean diced bacon until crisp and then added the prawns and scallops and fried for about 1.5 mins yummmmyy

Well ..... Mini scallops tried as a starter on a large lettuce leaf. I sliced them thinly and placed them in a bowl with prawns, marinated in lime juice, chilli, garlic, salt ,pepper and coriander. Fried off some lean diced bacon until crisp and then added the prawns and scallops and fried for about 1.5 mins yummmmyy

That sounds more palatable than my scallops last night! Maybe I just didn't cook them long enough. Mind you, I cooked them longer than the lady on the fish counter said...she said 30 seconds each side for big scallops! :eek: xx

That sounds more palatable than my scallops last night! Maybe I just didn't cook them long enough. Mind you, I cooked them longer than the lady on the fish counter said...she said 30 seconds each side for big scallops! :eek: xx

Yeah I only cooked mine for 1.5 mins which was probably too long, I know they dont take too long otherwise they go tough and rubbery lol

I found smoked trout in Marks which I had for lunch with some salad; it was delicious! It isn't in the 2013 Food Directory, but I think it must free as there is nothing other than trout and salt in it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    353.9 KB · Views: 33
I made Mexican bean burgers to try tonight. Then bottled it! Put them in the freezer and made a chilli. I fear change!

Awww well at least you made them to try at some point hun lol when will you have them?

Im not sure yet what ill be trying

My new thing last week was cooked rhubarb , lovely and only half a sun fir 100g.
Have ate it in crumbles before sw but not had it while been in plan. It's lovely!

Spicy bean burgers sound lovely.

Took the words outta my mouth Jen lol I was just going to say a few are trying rhubarb.

I'll have a mooch on my lunch tomorrow not sure whether to try sweet or savoury yet x

Tomorrow - slimming world eaton mess

Eton mess, yum!
Rhubarb is lovely but needs sweeteners

Ive not eaten rhubarb for years - grandad used to grow it and we would just eat it raw dipped in the sugar bowl oops

Oh meeeeeeeeeeeeeee, I've tried Ryvita mini's as hexb, wow they are fab, they've been missing in my life for so long, I wish I'd tried these ages ago they are so yummy, I'll make these a regular purchase I think:D

I'm on jolly holidays next week & packed (get me!) dried prunes & dried apricots, both hexbs;) so they'll be my new thing for next week.

Back