Extra Easy: My weekly promise - 1 new thing

This week coming (sat to sat) - replace the regular lunch sweet potato with Cous Cous salad :)

My new thing this week has been Turkey mince ive never had it before - im now hooked on turkey burgers lol

Most supermarkets sell the grapenuts hun in the cereal aisle :)
And Mmmm did someone mention turkey burgers? I'm on my way :D

I bought some of these today from Asda... 0.5 syns per peice.... 1400358814762.jpgfish in garlic and herbs xx

Most supermarkets sell the grapenuts hun in the cereal aisle :)
And Mmmm did someone mention turkey burgers? I'm on my way :D

I bought some of these today from Asda... 0.5 syns per peice.... View attachment 138508fish in garlic and herbs xx

I'll be buying me some on Monday :D

I made 8 burgers last night had 2 for tea, 2 today and froze 4 :p so get ya skates on for tea during the week lol.

I really have to fancy fish before I can eat it

Grilled asparagus. Had it steamed lots of times, but not grilled before. Quite different in flavour. Had it in a salad with grilled courgettes, on some rocket. Utterly delicious!!

Purple mangetout peas! I didn't notice that the packs on special offer in Tesco had half green and half purple.

Looked great in my salad - green and purple mangetout, orange butternut squash, red tomatoes. They didn't taste any different though.

Purple mangetout peas! I didn't notice that the packs on special offer in Tesco had half green and half purple.

Looked great in my salad - green and purple mangetout, orange butternut squash, red tomatoes. They didn't taste any different though.

Oooo they sound good ive not seen them before - im making falafels for taster on Weds never tried them before

No, I had never seen them before either. Tesco had a special offer on seasonal vegetables, 3 for £4 - and I picked them up as my third item without really looking. And when I opened the pack, my first thought was that half of them had gone off!!

But they are really just for appearance - as I said, there is no flavour difference that I could taste. Looked nice against the orange of the butternut squash!

Purple mangetout peas! I love mangetout and regularly slice it into a salad, so I'd really like that different colour. I've just received a new seed catalogue and purple mangetout is in it. It's a type named 'Shiraz' and has bicoloured purple/pink flowers so it should look very pretty on the allotment, which is a bonus.

My thing for this week is some different fruit: custard apple and pepino melon which, despite it's name, is a member of the tomato family. I took them into work and four of us tried them; none of us like either of them! I wonder if unusual fruit is unusual because it isn't very nice? Perhaps all the really nice fruit is readily available!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    416.4 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    907.4 KB · Views: 36
Purple mangetout peas! I love mangetout and regularly slice it into a salad, so I'd really like that different colour. I've just received a new seed catalogue and purple mangetout is in it. It's a type named 'Shiraz' and has bicoloured purple/pink flowers so it should look very pretty on the allotment, which is a bonus.

My thing for this week is some different fruit: custard apple and pepino melon which, despite it's name, is a member of the tomato family. I took them into work and four of us tried them; none of us like either of them! I wonder if unusual fruit is unusual because it isn't very nice? Perhaps all the really nice fruit is readily available!

Well at least you tried! I haven't seen pepino melon, but I did try custard apple once and wasn't that impressed.

My biggest disappointments have been star fruit and dragon fruit. They both look great - the star fruit is a fun shape when cut, and the dragon fruit is an amazing colour - but they didn't really taste of much. It wasn't that I didn't like them, there wasn't much not to like, just that they were a waste of time and money.

Got some tomatoes called "Pink Blush" from Waitrose yesterday. They are a slightly pinkier red than most tomatoes. Taste nice and the texture is excellent, but not sure they were special enough to be worth the price.

Oh, and I had some red chicory the other day. That was good.

Aww what a shame they werent nice, they do look interesting and colourful though x

Back