Fit and Fab for 30

My boss is complaining that there is too much carrot in his carrot cake whilst I'm dipping sticks of carrot in my carrot based soup.

I need to go on one of those programmes where they show you how 'germy' stuff is. My keyboard is full of cous cous and ryvita crumbs. It's a bit gross really!

I need to go on one of those programmes where they show you how 'germy' stuff is. My keyboard is full of cous cous and ryvita crumbs. It's a bit gross really!

Kim and Aggie would have a field day with mine too!

I completely stuck to what I had planned yesterday, not even one extra syn! I'm sure Grace is there to tempt me though, she had a oreo as an evening snack and just left it on the side but I was very good and just popped it in the bin rather than my mouth! I managed to do 10K on the bike which wasn't bad considering I was so tired I could have slept standing up.

Today is
B - 1 Alpen light (1/2 hex B), Toffee ML with a banana chopped up in it.
MS - Clementine, apple.
L - Jacket potato with tuna and pile of salad, with beetroot, tomatoes, sweetcorn, cucumber and an apple.
D - Quorn sausage jamabalya (2 syns)
AS - 2 ryvita (1/2 hexB) with laughing cow light (1/2 Hex A), Apple, Clementine.

Stomped to work in my wellies again this morning, I'm sure that's a work out in itself! Hopefully fit in some more bike time tonight, ready for the weigh in in the morning. I've prepared myself for a gain but hopefully it's not everything I've lost so far!

Surprised!

I lost 2lbs despite everything this week! I was so shocked I weighed myself 4 times. I guess last week I was carrying all the pre-menstrual bloating jobby and now I'm not so that must have helped. Gave me a really good boost as I was feeling tired, stressed out and miserable this morning. Didn't manage any exercise last night as I had a mound of ironing to do and Grace didn't go to sleep til late again. I'm pretty sure that toddlers should not refuse to sleep til 9pm. I missed knitting last night as it was Ben's first day at his new job so I wanted to see how that went and also I couldn't risk being around alchohol the night before weigh in!

Today's plan is
B - Oat so simple (HexB) with Almond milk (from Hex A) and a banana
L - Left over Quorn Jambalya (2 syns) with apple and clementine. This was much nicer than I'd imagined although a little on the spicy side!
S - Muller light
D - Chicken, Butternut Squash and tomato casserole. Making use of the slow cooker again and will just boil up some other veg to go with it.

Got the Almond milk free at Euston station this morning and makes a nice change. Tastes really good in coffee and is really low calorie. So far I've resisted the 60g box of honey granola that came with it as it's 7 syns for 28g! But I bet it would be yummy sprinkled on my yoghurt this afternoon.

There are two huge tubs of celebrations at work that I'm refusing to even look at!

The recipe was supposed to serve 4 but 6 sausages between 4 is a bit odd, and actually it served 3. The two of us last night and then me for lunch today.

1 onion
2 red peppers
2 celery sticks
2 garlic gloves
3 plum tomatoes
6 quorn sausages

A handful of parsley
1pt/568ml of stock
1tsp of cajun spice mix
7oz/198g easy-cook rice
seasoning

1. Prepare the ingredients: dice the onion;deseed and finely chop the peppers; finely slice the celery; crush the garlic; chop the tomatoes; roughly chop the sausage; finely chop the parsley.
2. Place the onion, peppers, celery, garlic, tomatoes, stock and spice mix in a pan and bring to the boil.
3. Add the rice and sausages, season and bring back to the boil. Cover, reduce the heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to stand for 5-10 minutes. Fluff up rice with a fork, divide between four bowls and serve garnished with parsley.

Ours burnt a tiny bit (added to the flavour!) but it was yummy. I've read there are some syn free sausages by Linda McCartney but we had quorn so just used them and counted the syns. Also make sure you do the bit of leaving it to stand at the end because it is absolutely boiling hot when you take it off the heat!

The almond milk has quite a sweet flavour and made the porridge a bit richer.

It's so hard sorting Grace's bedtime as by the time I finish work and pick her up from Mum's and get back to our house it's usually 6.45. We get home she usually has a snack and we talk about the day and do some drawing. Then quiet time, pjs, milk, teeth, into bed, 2 stories and then the hardest bit is she hates being left on her own to fall asleep. It can take up to an hour. Tonight I'm getting her into bed for 7.30 and no matter what I'm going to be downstairs by 8. I've even considered putting a stair gate on her bedroom door, but if she gets herself into a state she can make herself sick on demand and it becomes stressful (and disgusting)for us both. I've tried all the super nanny tricks of not talking etc, I think I just need to make it my complete focus for say a week and then hopefully it'll all calm down. I always have about a million things I want to get done in the evening (including 5 minutes peace at some point) so really want to get this sorted.

How are you feeling now Emma?
Xx

Oh gosh that sounds yummy, will deffo be trying that one when I get home!
And don't really have milk in my diet but I might try porridge with that milk, I might enjoy it with a different taste to it.
Aww bless, must be such a nightmare, maybe you could give her a bath or something, and you both have hot chocolate together or something. Might get her all cosied for bed. My sister has problems with her kids, her eldest is fine going to bed, always has been. Middle child ( girl) hates being left on her own so my sis has got her a tv-DVD player and she watches that at bedtime, falls to sleep within 10 mins. Her youngest falls to sleep fine but wakes up all night and mostly won't settle until he's in their bed with then.
must be such hard work bless u.
I'm feeling ok, they finally decided I can eat today, so that's a bonus, and seen the pain management nurse, so hopefully with her help they'll be managing my pain a bit better. Xx

Hopefully them saying you can eat means you are on the mend! I was thinking of trying a audio book for Grace tonight so she has a calming voice there to re-assure her.
Xx

Well done on your 2lb loss this week and good luck with trying the audio book with Grace. My friend has similar problems getting two of her kids off to sleep so I might suggest it to her if it works for you.

The audiobook sounds like a fab idea, you could her to pick which stories so she's involved too! Great idea! Think they're giving me food because they're not planning any surgeries in the near future and one of the nurses told the doctors it was silly they wernt letting me eat for 4 days but wernt doing anything. Glad she said something, feel brighter with some food in me x

I added a couple of treats to yesterdays plan....gave into the granola with some yoghurt. It was lush and had two celebrations bringing my syns to 14 for the day.

Today's plan is a little bit naughty but I'm super hungry
B - Porridge (HexB) with milk (from HexA) banana and cinnamon.
MS - Clementine and coffee (rest of milk from HexA)
L - Carrot, sweet potato and pepper soup, 2 apples
AS - Muller light and clementine
D - Burger in wholemeal roll (6 syns) with SW chips, and coleslaw.

I've been ready for lunch since about 10.30 this morning and worried the soup isn't going to touch the sides so might have to pop out for something else.

Managed a whopping 55 minutes on the exercise bike last night, whilst watching Glee, challenged myself to go super fast through the adverts but had forgotten that adverts on sky are about 4 minutes long, at one point I sounded like I did when I was in labour with Grace! My legs are paying for it today but I did have the first person comment that I'd lost weight who didn't know I was dieting so that gave me a much needed boost.

Bedtime worked quite well, went to her room at 7.30 read her one story on my lap all cuddled up, popped her in bed for a second story (she tried to emotionally blackmail me with 'Mummy I want to cuddle you') and then put her audiobook on, reminded her that she would be able to go swimming if she slept like a good girl and then gave her a hug and left. She grizzled for a bit and then went quiet, I almost wet myself cos the toilet is next to her room and I didn't want to disturb her. She got out of bed once which was totally my fault, she'd been quiet for ages so I went in to check on her and turn the book off but she was only dozing. Put her back in bed and she got a bit upset but I managed to get packed lunch and diswasher etc all done by 8pm. She has a heartbreaking sob noise that she does if she gets upset which she was still doing when Ben got home but it's a start. *fingers crossed it goes ok again tonight*

Thanks Emma. Xx
Just scoffed 7 syns worth of granola in the Muller light, seriously hungry belly today!

Bedtime number 2 went pretty well. Ben was in charge last night, I could see he was finding it quite hard when she started crying when he left so I text him to remind him that he needed to come downstairs and that she'd be fine. She was fine in the end and got lots of praise this morning for being such a big girl. Hope we can keep this up.

Definitely went over my syns yesterday, on top of everything else had some meringue, berries and fromge frais with sweetner for pudding. It was my own fault for watching the Great British Bake off, I just couldn't resist something sweet. Total for yesterday is 19 syns!

Trying to pull some of those back today especially as I am eating out on Saturday for Nan's 80th. We've had to pre-order as there are lots of us but I'm really not looking forward to it. Somehow we are broke a week after payday and spending 50 quid on a meal miles away from home where we probably won't even get to talk to Nan is not my idea of fun. I've picked steak and salad for my main but a slightly naughty mushroom on toast starter but I'm going to make sure the rest of the weekend is plan all the way.

Today's food is
B - Banana and Alpen light (1/2 HexB)
L - Sweet potato, carrot and pepper soup with 2 ryvitas (Other 1/2 HexB) 2 clementines
S - Apple, Muller Light and Frozen Berries
D - Something from the week's leftovers in the fridge as Ben is working this evening.

Going for a walk at lunchtime to 1) keep me away from the canteen on scampi day and 2) give me some exercise as I didn't do anything yesterday which reminds me I must pick up my exercise DVD from my Mum this evening as I really want to make my 1/2 stone this week!
Xx

Morning, sounds like you guys have found something that's really going to work for you :) why don't you save your heb on Saturday for your toast, then you won't feel as guilty. At least it's all preordered too, you can't get there and decide you'd like something massively high in syns which will be a real bonus!

Going over yesterday isn't the end if the world. Have u tried doing your syns over the week to see how that looks?
Good look anyway, I'm sure you'll have fun catching up with people when you get there :)
xx

Don't worry too much about going over yesterday, a bit of exercise and going easy on the syns the rest of the week (with the exception of Sat of course) should get you back on track.

Glad last night's bedtime went well. You and Ben deserve as much praise as Grace, it must be so heart-wrenching to leave her upset but it will be so worth it in the long run. Good luck for night 3!

Thanks Emma. I think I'd come under for the week, I've seen a couple of other people do that on some of the boards on here. I'm trying to look at it in the way that I was really tired yesterday and my body was calling for food to keep it going, and at least (apart from the meringue) I was putting good fuel in it. After a very good night's sleep last night I feel much less hungry so I've made a little note to myself reminding me to take extra food to work if I feel very tired so the I've got something good to hand.

My cousin (the one who is making us travel all that bl**dy way) is making Nan's birthday cake and she always ends up getting the kids to help her decorate it so it never looks that appetising so that's one less worry for me on the food front! I'm all up for children helping (Grace makes lovely cakes) but for an 80th I wanted to get something super special, especailly as she is such an amazing lady. When my Grandad turned 80 I organised a cake with a photo of him in his army uniform and it made him cry and I sat for ages listening to his stories about the war and growing up. It's bringing tears to my eyes now thinking about it, I still miss him so much even though it's been nearly 4 years since he died. I have to say there is no way he would have stood for having his birthday meal miles away from home, we all had to go to him (as it should be)!

Realised I've gone completely off topic! It's good to have somewhere to come and vent/rant/ramble! xx

A sort of hit and miss weekend for me. Did 15k on the bike on Friday night which was a good start but despite pre-ordering on Saturday I still managed to end up sharing a dessert with Ben, it was chocolate torte and I had about a third, I also 2 vodka and slimline tonics and yesterday I had two slices of white toast. The rest of the time I stuck to plan so I hope it doesn't sabotage me too much.

Saturday looked like this
B - French toast (hexB) with berries and maple syrup (2 syns)
L - Jacket potato with tuna. On the side I had courgettes, onions and mushrooms cooked in some vegetable stock and stirred some extra light philadelphia through at the last minute (from HexA). I only needed a tiny bit and it was lovely so I'd definitely do that again.
D - Mushrooms on toast, steak with salad and 1/3 chocolate torte plus 2 vodka and slimline tonics (bad, bad Emma!)
Squeezed in 10k on the bike so hopefully counteracted some of the chocolate torte!

Sunday
B - Porridge (HexB) with grated apple and cinnamon with Milk (HexA)
L - Scrambled egg and beans on white toast (8 syns as i'm sure it had butter on)
D - Pasta n sauce made with water plus some courgettes and mushrooms.

Grace's sleep is still going well, despite us not getting home til 10 on Saturday so I really hope we've turned a corner with that.

Going to try to be very good for the next 2 days. Today's plan is
B - 2 Clementine's, Muller Light, Latte ( from HexA)
L - Ainsley Cous Cous (3.5 syns) with roasted mediterranean veggies and a sugar free redbull (I had to get this to get me through the day!) and a fruit salad of mago, kiwi, pineapple and pomegranate.
D - Something low syn with turkey breast as I got them out to defrost but got no further with planning!

I need to think of some budget meals for this week and make the best use of what we have in. It tends to be the dairy stuff that adds up, quark, ff youghurt, greek yoghurt, ff fromage frais. I also was too damn lazy to go to the market yesterday do there is only really clementines in the house so need to sort that out this evening.

I'm feeling like a right miserable cow today, I think a combination of being shattered and a bit stuck in a rut at work. Been good so far though, normally I'd have bought cake or chocolate to 'cheer' myself up but actually think that would make be the worst thing for me. I really need a day in bed to just sleep and recharge, very tempted to use one of my remaining holiday days at some point but I think I'll feel guilty and end up doing chores.

Back