Fit and Fab for 30

I'd say weight about 3 weeks then you'll know how you might lose weekly ( first week is normally an extra big loss) then ull be able to work out what you should be by then. Being in a 14 would be fab, but the last thing you want is trying to squeeze your boobs in and feeling self conscious!
Good on you for all this exercise your doing!
its great your getting your fitness up too, is it giving you more energy?

Im unable to do much at all ATM, wish I could do a bit more body magic. Think it helps with Toning!
Xxx

It is definitely helping with my energy levels. I've been able to stay up past my usual 10pm bedtime, I also feel a lot less bleurgh (which makes no sense really) what I mean is having a bit more enthusiasm for everything, better mood. Don't get me wrong I'd love to lounge in bed til 10am one day a week (no hope with a toddler) but once I do get up I'm ready to go. This is also probably helped by the fact I'm having breakfast and cutting down on caffeine, booze and fizzy drinks.

It's a topshop dress and isn't in the sale so I'm pretty sure they will have it for a while. I'm going to try to hang on and if in a couple of weeks I'm still not sure I'm going to go in the shop and try a 14 and a 16 and see which is likely to be most comfy and if I still don't know I'll buy both (or none)!

Found out today that our canteen has had massive price hikes and all the healthy stuff is now crazily expensive. A pot of kiwi and pomegranate is £2.50 on it's own. I used to be able to get jacket potato and beans with green salad and a diet coke for £2.50! Definitely sticking to packed lunches now.

There are 5 packets of biscuits at work and I've walked past them at least 10 times and haven't had one! Go Me!
Xx

Well done you! I've managed to resist temptation so far too. There's always biscuits and cakes going around at work but I haven't touched them.

I've not been to my work canteen since I started SW and I'm definitely not missing it. I'm bringing soup to work (in my new flask :) since the microwave is sooooo far away) and then either a roll or some salad as well as plenty of fruit. Haven't felt the need to visit the canteen or vending machine at all.

Not too bad news this morning, I lost a pound which is good as Aunt Flo is visiting later this week. I'm not really sure how I feel about it but it is still a loss so another step in the right direction.

Had my much needed steak for dinner last night with a pile of spinach, slimming world chips, tomatoes and mushrooms, must have needed the iron. Didn't get it til 9.45 as Grace was being an absolute brat for bedtime. Five stories, and cuddles weren't enough apparently. I've got to get that sorted as it eats into my exercise time and I couldn't do any last night. Also had a cookie before bed(a big one 5 syns). Other than that a good day eating wise, cheese on toast was delish and I added some superfree with spring onions and slices of tomato and a big splash of worcestershire sauce so it almost felt like a mini pizza.

Today
B - Bacon ciabatta roll with smear of ketchup (12 syns)
L - Carrot and Lentil soup with wholemeal roll (HexB) and a huge fruit salad. The rest of my team just headed down to the canteen but I resisted and stayed at my desk with my packed lunch. I can't wait til it's a bit warmer and I can go for a walk and eat somewhere but today it is still about 0 degrees so I'm taking advantage of our overly warm office.
D - Unplanned I'm off to knitting club so I know I'm likely to have something alchoholic to drink I was thinking vodka and tonic for 2.5 syns. I don't want to ruin all my hard work. I'm not sure if I'll eat out or at home but planning to make the best possible choice and hopefully use my HexA in there somewhere.

Xx

I finally managed to understand knitting and I didn't go crazy with drinking. I had 4 vodka and slimline tonics (10 syns) and about 5 chips, so well over my syns for yesterday but not a full on binge. I'm not sure 4 vodkas, 5 chips and a banana count as a healthy dinner but I'm right back on plan today. I was helped by being sat next to the driest guy, I ran out of things to talk about so left at 9, which also meant I got a decent nights sleep.

Got some proper scales now and they weren't showing too different to the wii so going to start using them from now on (Far more accurate).

Not really sure how the Aunt Flo visit is going to affect me. I usually do eat more but just got to try to make sure it is the right stuff (fingers crossed). I really need to find some quick syn free snacks that I can just grab on the go too.

Today's plan is
B - Oat so simple with skimmed milk, banana, cinnamon and pomegranate.
L - Salad with roast chicken, mullerlight, banana and clementine
D - Thai style pork mince patties with sw chips and salad.
S - Fruit, fruit, fruit
Trying to be very good today to make up for yesterday!

Reading through weemissnaughty's diary gave me an idea for some motivation. So here is a best body pic (from 2008)Skinny.jpg

biggest ever pic (2010) to be fair I had only had Grace a few days earlier but look at those chins!
Post Baby.jpg
and one from a few weeks ago
now.jpg

Not sure I'd be wearing teeny tiny shorts again though even if I did get back to that size!

Xx

Great idea to upload the photos, I might look through mine tonight and do the same.

I haven't tried the SW chips yet, are they nice? And easy to make (for someone that can barely boil an egg?!)? I might give them a go.

Good on you for not going crazy, must be hard, don't think I'd have stopped at 5 chips. Lol. Do u like humous? I made homemade humous the other week ( super easy) and had that with carrot and cucumber sticks. You can always carry a bit in your bag to snack during the day?
I normally eat a couple if alpen light bars as my he b, which means I can spread them out during the day, they're good snacks. If I haven't got my hex a planned, I normally snack on babybel lights too, cos you get 3, you can spread them too.

Have you tried supernoodle low fat? They're great for a snack if your at home?
Xx

Great idea to upload the photos, I might look through mine tonight and do the same.

I haven't tried the SW chips yet, are they nice? And easy to make (for someone that can barely boil an egg?!)? I might give them a go.
Hi bev, SW chips are super easy. Peel potato (or don't if u like the skin), chop into chip type shapes, I do mine quite chunky. Put them on a plate and microwave for 5 mins ( easier and quicker than part boiling). After, put them on oven tray and squirt with fry light and sprinkle with salt. Mine normally take maybe 15 mins on 180 c. But I keep an eye on them and turn them when they start to brown and squirt the other side too. They don't look exactly the same, but they do brown and they taste yummy!
Good luck!
Xx

Hi bev, SW chips are super easy. Peel potato (or don't if u like the skin), chop into chip type shapes, I do mine quite chunky. Put them on a plate and microwave for 5 mins ( easier and quicker than part boiling). After, put them on oven tray and squirt with fry light and sprinkle with salt. Mine normally take maybe 15 mins on 180 c. But I keep an eye on them and turn them when they start to brown and squirt the other side too. They don't look exactly the same, but they do brown and they taste yummy!
Good luck!
Xx

Thanks, I might try that tonight :)

Emma you're chips sound so much better than mine! I usually boil them for 4 mins and then put them in the oven but I've had some near disasters where they have fallen apart during boiling and I've been left with crispypiles as opposed to chips. Going to give your way a try next!

I love houmous but wasn't sure if the tahini would be high in syns? I do like the alpen light bars but whenever I buy them Bene ats them all before I get there. I might buy some and leave them in my desk at work. I do like supernoodle, they are on my shopping list, when I finally get round to doing it!

Oh Dear! Need to get back on track.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday were terrible, a combination of Aunt Flo, laziness and being cold and bored. I don't even really remember everything I ate and I didn't write any of it in my notebook. I did have some SW friendly meals mostly pasta based and with as much superfree as I could get my hands on but I also ate fish and chips from the chip shop, a enchilada from the canteen, some green and blacks dark chocolate, and a glass of white wine. Found myself snacking on things I'm not even that keen on like rice cakes. I didn't do any exercise apart from snow fun and I can really tell the difference feel sluggish and tired (not helped by the fact that Grace was awake a lot last night though.)

Anyway I'm drawing a line under that now. Sorted my head out yesterday and I'm back in the game. Stayed up late planning a week's worth of meals..
Wandsworth-20130120-02789.jpg
We also have a huge food shop coming....basically bankrupt me but it'll be so good to have good stuff in the cupboards.

I've got everything I need to stay on plan today
Breakfast: Alpen light bar (1/2 HexB), muller light and apple.
Lunch: Carrot, sweet potato and pepper soup, 2 ryvita (Half HexB) and some veggie sticks and cherry tomatoes.
Dinner: Beef brisket, carrot and swede mash and white cabbage.
Snacks: Clementines, Banana and Muller Light, Milk for HexA in tea and some for a yummy highlight hot choc this evening (2 syns).
Hoping I can keep my sins really low today and tomorrow so that Wednesday morning isn't too horrible. Plus I'll be getting in the exercise bike this evening no matter what!

I'm not sure if you are supposed to split your healthy extras but it adds a bit of variety, so going to give it a try. Quite often I don't get through my whole days milk allowance and I wouldn't want to eat say 5 laughing cow triangles so this way I should still get the nutrients I need and keep it fresh.

Aside from the bad eating I had a lovely weekend with Grace, it was so nice not to be rushing to get somewhere and to just have time to play with her.

I do however, have a huge list of home 'to do's' that I wonder if I'll ever get time for. Things like clearing out the outhouse, cleaning inside the kitchen cupboards, staining the work tops, putting the Christmas decorations back in the loft, on top of one day having time to shave my legs, moisturise and paint my toenails. I'm really struggling balancing everything at the moment and the house looks like a tip and only the bits of me that are on show are partially acceptable to look at (I haven't had a hair cut for nearly 3 months and my eyebrows look like caterpillars). Maybe it's just hormones but being a Mum and working full time feels pretty hard at the moment.

I'm really struggling with the bad weather just now too. I know it sounds like an excuse but really all I want to do after battling through the snow to get home is sit in front of the tv with some non-SW-friendly comfort foods. I'm doing not too badly fighting it though... so far!

It sounds like you're back on track though which is the main thing, best to put the few 'naughty' days behind you and focus on WI on Wednesday.

Maybe it's a summer baby thing, I just don't like Winter. Soup is actually lovely and quite chunky, I didn't go down my usual path of chucking way too much chilli flakes in. Getting some strange looks for dipping raw veggies in it though but I didn't have a chance to make a dip and it's a fab way of increasing superfree.

Maybe it's a summer baby thing, I just don't like Winter. Soup is actually lovely and quite chunky, I didn't go down my usual path of chucking way too much chilli flakes in. Getting some strange looks for dipping raw veggies in it though but I didn't have a chance to make a dip and it's a fab way of increasing superfree.

I like your thinking here, I'd love to see the looks you are getting though!

Back