Fit and Fab for 30

I think you did fab over the weekend!! And with all your exercises I'm sure ull have a great weightloss. And it's great you succeeded with grace, will mean you start having more me time in evenings, that would help.

Think we're going to try and use up this week too, I have a freezer full of food that we don't seem to be eating at the minute, so I'm going to go through, write down what we have and then plan meals.
Our fridge empties super quick but the cupboard and freezer and packed full, need to make use of what we've got in. Xx

I think you chose really well on Saturday night and even with the desert and drinks, you still did really well. I hope you had a good night.

I know what you mean about needing a day to relax and recharge the batteries - I feel like I haven't stopped since Christmas/New Year. My holiday year at work runs January to December and I need a long weekend in July, 2 and a half weeks in October and a week in December + the days we close over Christmas so I've barely got any holidays left to use between now and July :(

My cupboards seem to be full but I am fast running out of the basics, I'm determined not to go back to the shops until Friday if I can help it so I may have some 'interesting' meal combinations coming up this week!

Glad to hear bedtimes are still going well.

Oh bev, I had that problem last year. I got 4 weeks leave, used 3 weeks to get married in February, and then I had a week left for the rest of the year. I managed to tag some leave onto the queens jubilee bank holiday, so managed a week off (went to visit family in Spain) for 3 days leave.

Hope your not too worn out by July!
X

I just keep thinking as long as I can get to July, I'll hardly be at work the second half of the year!! That keeps me smiling.

Yummy dinner last night, despite the fact it was unplanned. Made creamy turkey, spinach and tomato curry (syn free) with some rice, one poppadom (1.5syns) and some cauliflower and broccoli to up the super free. I love spinach it's such an easy way to add superfree!

I feel like I haven't had a full day to myself in about a year! I'm still as grumpy as I was yesterday and I have my appraisal at work this afternoon so that's going to really top off another sh*t day. It wouldn't be so bad if I knew what had actually put me in such a grump. I'm snappy, tired and uninterested in everything. Poor Grace must have hated me this morning she was jabbering on as she does and I just couldn't be bothered to listen or reply and then got more annoyed with myself for being a rubbish Mummy. I've text my best friend to tell her a) I can't afford tickets to the spice girl musical this month (going to see this would have cheered me up!) and b) can we please get drunk soon as I need to laugh/cry a lot. I feel like I just need a tiny bit of time to do something for me, be it go to the cinema, a exercise class, a coffee with a friend anything that is not work or domestic stuff. Even knitting seems to have dropped off my radar now as Ben is working different shifts at his new job and whilst I'm really happy for him it does mean more mornings like today where he is up early, wakes Grace up (grrrr!) and then I'm left to get her ready and out to the childminders and will probably have to pick her up tonight when she'll be grumpy because she was up early.

Going to use my appraisal to bring up the fact that my job has got dull. I've been here for 4 years and started out as a conference assistant, when we had a few products ( a series of uk events, an awards dinner, an international event and some ad-hoc conferences) to work on. Now I'm the event lead but only work on one product (The same event just repeated around the UK) and could organise them with my eyes closed so need a new challenge. To be honest if the pay wasn't so good and the fact that the hours fit in well around Grace I would have left a while ago. It's balancing what suits us as a family with having some career progression and job satisfaction.

Today's plan is
B - Banana, Muller Light and Blackberries
L - Sweet potato, pepper and carrot soup, plus ham salad sandwich (HexB)
S - 2 Clementines, Apple
D - This depends on whether Ben comes home at a reasonable hour or if I eat by myself (mum usually feeds Grace before I get home). If it's just me it is likely to be jacket potato with the leftover curry from last night and some salad.

I didn't get a chance to do any planning last night for the week as I took my miserable self off to bed to try to re-adjust my attitude (obviously didn't work). I also didn't do any exercise.

On a more positive note I brought 2 t-shirts yesterday from Next and they are too big! Yay! I did buy a 16 but I have pretty big boobs and when I tried them on today there was just too much material. I've also found that my jeans are becoming a bit baggy and loose too so it looks like it is working! On another clothing related note I looked at the topshop dress that I was eyeing up for our anniversary and decided it wasn't for me.

Fingers crossed for WI in the morning as hopefully there will be some news to cheer me up! Also keeping me motivated to not drown my sorrows in cake!
xx

Aw Emma, sounds like you are having a time of it just now. I go through these phases now and then, but they do pass.

You are right to use your appraisal to talk about progressing in your job and changing it up a little. I have been in my job for 7 years and at my first 4/5 appraisals I just sat there nodding along and agreeing with everything my boss said. At the last couple though I've actually thought about things to say and ask and made it really constructive and, more importantly, two-way. It has worked wonders and I've progressed more in my job (and financially :)) in the last two years than I did in the first five!!

I think some 'you' time is exactly what you need, hopefully you'll be able to get something sorted with your friend soon so you can have something to look foward to.

Well done for sticking to the plan despite all this, you're doing great. Good luck for WI tomorrow.

Argh Chocolate Torte!!!!!

So not as bad as the title suggests but I lost 1 3/4 lbs so I'm 1/4lb off my first half a stone! Amazing considering my weekend naughties!

You'll also be pleased to hear I've perked up a bit too, perhaps a half decent night of sleep helped but also my best friend called to say she had been feeling exactly the same so we are planning an evening if catching up (and moaning) next week. I did air some of my work problems at my appraisal, I'm not sure if anything will get done about them but it feels good to have said them all. I am on target for a good rating so hopefully a small payrise which will counteract the fact that our childminder is losing her ofsted accredited status so I will no longer be able to pay her in childcare vouchers. She's due to retire in November when Grace goes to nursery but ofsted want to inspect her despite the fact that she had it done 18 months ago, she has been a childminder for 47 years and isn't fantastic with all the paperwork they expect but is so lovely and good with Grace. This basically means the tax man will take an extra 50 quid a month from me from next month : ( when things are already hard enough.

Dinner yesterday ended up being pasta with turkey, bacon, courgettes, onions, mushrooms and spinach with some light philly sweet chilli stirred in. Pretty good if I do say so myself and for once my dairy based sauce didn't split! I've tried to be good with my carbs and measure out the recommended portion size which has been an eye opener! This has meant I've been comfortably full rather than fit to burst. I finished the night off with some disgusting slimmatee which is supposed to help you stay 'regular'. I did have 5 syns on some absolutely amazing green and blacks dark chocolate, I even only ate half the bar and the motivation to have a good weigh in means it is still in my pocket now!

Today's plan is
B - banana, 2 clementines, apple
MS - Cherries
L - Jacket Potato with beans
D - Left over curry from Monday night with Jacket potato and salad.
Haven't factored in my Hex A or B yet so may have to re-think....... I thought we'd go out for lunch today so saved them up for this but actually ended up in the canteen and stuck to plan.

xx

Thanks Emma. I was pretty happy considering!

Honestly if you waited til you had enough money to have a kid you would never have one!
x

Ouch!

So I started the 30 day shred yesterday and boy am I paying for it today. Almost every muscle in my body hurts even ones I didn't know I had! I also feel a bit odd today, not sure if I have a funny tummy or it's just my muscles hurting. Grace has been feeling a bit unwell so maybe I've caught it too.

I did give in yesterday and eat the rest of my chocolate and also shared some skinny popcorn with Grace so a total of 9 syns but no Hex's (oops).

Today's plan is
B - Porridge (HexB) with milk (from hexA) and banana
Snack - Half a krispy kreme which I totally didn't need, especially as I'm not feeling great.
L - Jacket potato with ham and salad
D - Sausages (not sure of brand so will check syns when I get home) SW chips and veggies.

Not sure I'm going to mkae it through the day. Gradually feeling rougher and rougher. Xx

Feeling much better now, I definitely had some sort of bug on Thursday. I survived the day at work (just) but didn't eat lunch and had a sausage and a few sw chips for dinner. I took Friday off although I was feeling a lot better I couldn't risk the journey in!

Meals for the weekend looked like this....
Friday
B - Porridge with fruit and sweetner (HexA and most of HexB)
L - 2 Veggie sausages (4 syns) beans, mushrooms and tomatoes
D - Nothing really, I had 2 SW cupcakes we made with Grace.

Saturday
B - Porridge with fruit (HexA and most of HexB)
L - Half ham and cheese sandwich with kettle chips (I ate Grace's leftovers for the first time in ages but had no motivation to cook or eat really)
D - Beige Dinner but I was at Mums still feeling sorry for myself (no excuse really) Chicken burger in a seeded bun, with some hash browns and beans.

Sunday - Semi back to normal
B - Piles of fresh fruit (berries, mango, pineapple) with ff greek yoghurt and honey (2 syns)
L - Marmite rice cakes
D - Chicken and Chroizo jambalya with mixed salad ( 3 syns)
S - Green and blacks (5 syns)

I missed 30 day shred on Thursday as I could barely move so restarted on Friday and I have to say yesterday (day 3) it was almost bearable. I need to get some hand weights instead of using cans from the kitchen cupboards but I feel like it is working and relatively easy to fit 20 minutes into my evening. I took my body measurements on Thursday so will be able to tell if I'm losing inches and/or weight. I also did a fair bit of walking and if pushing a toddler on a swing was an exercise I clocked up nearly an hour on Saturday at the park (in the freezing cold though!)

Trying to make sure I eat 3 meals today but having a birthday lunch for a friend at work and the restaurant doesn't have a set menu just daily specials so will try to chose wisely. It's Italian so I'm hoping for a tomato pasta (and whatever is cheap). We always have these dilemmas at lunch things whether someone picks it all up and claims it back as a team 'thing' or we pay separately and I just had to quickly transfer out the last of the money from our joint account just in case! Roll on Payday!

The rest of the day is
B - Banana, Clementine, Apple and toffee muller light
MS - Latte (HexA)
L - TBC
D - Beef and guiness stew (a chuck it all in the slow cooker affair) with some butternut squash mash. (2 syns per serving)

I did a couple of sneaky weighs - On Friday morning I'd lost 2lb (due to stomach bug) but today scales were showing 1/4lb against Wednesday's weight. No more weighing now til Wednesday morning though!

Hoping to find some time to dye my hair tonight. It's a red-ish brown but realised this morning that my roots are about 2 inches. My hair grows unnaturally fast I swear, it is also in desperate need of a cut but another wait til payday task!

xx

Glad you're back on the mend Emma. Those SW cupcakes sound interesting - can you post the recipe? Good luck with lunch today - I'm having the same problem with a birthday meal I'm going for on Thursday. The restaurant doesn't have a menu online so I'll have to choose on the night. At least it is the day after WI though so I'll have all week to make up for any over-synning!

Thanks Bev. The cupcakes were so simple (ours were not pretty though!) no where near as tasty as my usual hummingbird bakery ones but no where near as bad for you either. They were marked as 2.5syns each but we had a fair bit of icing on ours so propbably a bit higher!

3 eggs

60g low fat spread

7 tbsp artifical sweetner

110g self raising flour

2-3 drops of vanilla essence

8 level tsp icing sugar

A couple of drops of food colouring (pink for Princess Grace!)

Fresh strawberries, halved (SUPERFREE!) :p

Preheat the oven to 180°C. Put paper cases in a baking tin/tray. Whisk together the eggs, low-fat spread and sweetener. Sieve the flour then fold in the flour with the vanilla essence.
Spoon into the paper cases and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove and cool on a wire rack. Mix a few drops of water and the food colouring with the icing sugar. Spoon on the cakes. Garnish with halved strawberries and dust with icing sugar.

Didn't do too bad at the restaurant. Had spaghetti with courgette, tomato, prawns and rocket, but I did have a small glass of dry white wine and a piece of bread (which I could probably get away with as HexB). It was yummy and the bill was picked up by a lovely guy from our sales team.

Back