Fresh start diary

na...i get what you mean...think that's where i went wrong when i tried the creamy curry sauce the other day using cauliflower....that and the rank curry powder i used lol.
with curry tho, you probably wouldn't taste it. get your other half to throw it in instead...it might have the same effect as the takeaway stuff does? hehe x

Morning all!

So today is Cocktail day woohoo! No syns will be had all day to damage control the alcohol. I plan to dust my halo off tomorrow for the rest of the week and even though there are no classes that work around my shifts this week, when I step on those scales after 2 weeks they better be nice to me!

Breakfast

Bran flakes (HEX B) and alpro hazelnut milk (1/2HEX A) with a kiwi fruit and some grapes

Lunch
Pasta and sauce (again! Need to mix this up but today's an eat on the run kinda day! 1/2 HEX A)

Tea
Spaghetti bolognaise from the little book we got with the magazine!

Hey glad your feeling better!

Oh cocktails, enjoy!!! :) x

Soooo I've been missing in action for a couple of days- I blame the cocktails!
Ended up having the weekend off plan as too many meals out/cocktails/ birthday cake type things cropped up and it's only once a year so i enjoyed.
Fully back on plan today..

Breakfast
6x whole grain crackerbread with low low cheese spread (HEX A and B)

Lunch
Tomato and herb mugshot
Fruit salad of apple, grapes, tangerine and kiwi

Tea
Beef stew with parsnips, swede, leek, onion and carrot (2syns for gravy granules to thicken)

Will have my 15syns today if I want them so I'll see what's in the cupboard

Xx

Oh I was very hungover!! So hungover I opted not to go for my pre planned SW friendly stew in favour of a Toby carvery- why?!
Never mind, I've got 9 days to pull it back before I'm weighed! Might change my aim of 5lbs to 4lbs instead.
How are you getting on?
Xx

getting on ok thanks...struggled a bit today i was off and just didn't know what to have/make - thankfully though, i stuck to it 100% so that's 8 days in a row now :D (will be glad when today's over with right enough lol)

went to another class tonight for my 1st weigh in...4lbs off for me

was a bit worried about it being another time and the scales being on carpet and not the same wooden floor as last week (god how bad am i lol) but it fitted in much better with what i had on and meant once we were back, i had the night to myself and could have dinner.

i've noticed that when i do green days, i love having the 2 HE's but the dinners are far better/easier on EE i think, with the only draw back for me being that i have to choose between bread and cereal for my B choice.
not to worry, green tm for me and i have just prepared some "magic porridge" for the morning to see how that goes. have seen it mentioned lots and even though i'm off work tomorrow, i'm going to have it at the same time i would if i was leaving the house and see how long it fills me up til (and then can still have another HE later )
i hope i like it in the morning cos it would be really handy/quick for work days...i've mixed it with an activia 0% strawberry yog (only discovered them on sat and thinking they are YUM!) and like it the now (when i licked the spoon) so hoping it's not too soggy in the morning. have you had it before?

surely the carvery wasn't too bad??....well, could've been worse and you might've ended up at the chippy or somewhere else ;)
i'm sure you'll pull it back no probs...it'll all balance itself out x

I don't like yogurt unfortunately :-( and I don't like porridge lol. It's the textures I struggle with. I might try the magic pancakes on Thursday and see if I like them- its just the magic porridge made into pancakes. Will give it a whirl anyway!

4lbs is great well done you! You must be really pleased :) its a proper boost when you stand on the scale and they reflect how hard you've worked. Onwards and downwards :)

Morning!

So to add to yesterday's diary I had a curly wurly taking my syns to 7.5 for the day- happy with that.

Today's menu looks like this-

Breakfast
2 egg omelette, 3 rashers turkey bacon, small tin baked beans

Lunch
Homemade tomato and basil soup from the little book that came with this month's SW magazine. Will have my HEX B of wholemeal bread with this

Tea
Chicken breast, smothered in syn free BBQ sauce, wrapped in bacon and topped with cheese (HEX A), served with SW roast potatoes and broccoli

Not sure what syns I will have but I'm aiming for around 7 a day this week.
Am going to restart 30 Day Shred as well, not looking forward to the pain I'll be in tomorrow lol

Xx

Hey Amy what is the syn free BBQ sauce you use? X well done on your weight loss! X

aww i love yogurts....the fatter and creamier the better lol, but i've obviously spent years avoiding them so really liked coming across the activia ones cos they're tastey compared to some "diet" yogurts.
i just had the magic porridge, it was really thick but i quite liked it, couldn't really taste the oats much (might depend on which type of yog you leave them in though?) so i'm testing to see if they magically keep hunger away for a good length of time?
i've seen people talk about the pancakes....not sure i'd have gotten more than one out of the pot i just had but you'll need to let us know if you try them?

i'm super organised this morning, it's not even 9am and i've cooked savoury rice and have those chickpea dahl muffin things cooking now, taken my son to school, made the packed lunches for tomorrow and have pasta cooking to make my lunch for work tomorrow...even i'm impressed lol. going to nip to morrisons for a few things then attempt a BBQ sauce to hopefully have with chicken tomorrow (once i've found it on here anyway)
i saw another thread on here talking about bread and the morrisons savers wholemeal loaf, for 2 slices works out about 60g and i've been having that instead of 2 small slices from a 400g loaf. it was nice to have "normal" bread, the same as everyone else and i have actually bought it before...to make do until shopping day or whatever. it is slightly smaller than say warburtons or whatever but its ok...and cheap so win win! :D x

Hey Amy what is the syn free BBQ sauce you use? X well done on your weight loss! X

i made BBQ sauce today and used:

1 onion
1 Teaspoon mild chilli powder
227ml passata
3 TBSP balsamic vinegar
1 TBSP worcester sauce
half teaspoon mustard powder
salt/pepper

spray pan with fry lite, saute onion and chilli powder
stir in remaining ingredients, bring to boil and simmer for 10 mins until the sauce thickens

Mm BBQ sauce! I actually live the syn free version more than shop bought stuff now.
I'm definitely going to try the chickpea dahl in muffins as the loaf just crumbled to pieces and was too moist, but the flavour is yummy!
You are very organised, I'm impressed! I've come home from work, done the 30DS and sorted all the washing out- not bad for me lol.

Today's menu looks like this-

Breakfast
Bran flakes and alpro hazelnut milk (HEX A& B)

Lunch
Pasta, chicken breast pieces, jalapeños, sweet pepper, celery, spring onions and pickled onions

Fruit salad of kiwi, apple, Sharon fruit, grapes and tangerine

Tea
5 spice chicken stir fry with egg noodles (1syn)

I went to morrisons yesterday and all the Special K stuff was reduced so got some of the crisps and biscuits- quite low syn for the amount you get so going to have some crisps (5syns), biscuits (5syns) and a hot chocolate (2syns) to take my daily total to 13

Xx

mmm that all sounds good!

well after i had boasted about how well i was doing, i went to take the muffins out and they broke everywhere! :(
that's what i get for being a smart arse eh lol...anyways, i just jammed them altogether and put them back in again for a bit and they were sorted, then put the other half of the mix in (i get 12 muffins out of the mixture) so left them in longer to be safe!

had the "magic porridge" at 8.40 then a dahl muffin at 11.45 - lasted no bad eh!
had cheesy beano for lunch then melon and a yog for snack a couple of hrs later. was planning on making some sort of stir fry but have potatoes left over from yest so they're roasting and i'll just have that with a mini sw quich and another dahl muffin i think to use it all up.

i want to buy the special k crisps cos i would def syn in 10 for 2.5 syns...then still have a packet of something later maybe? haven't been using any syns at all for cooking so far so they're all for goodies and so far, i haven't gone over 12. i had an aero bubbly biscuit for 5 syns the other night....god they're ACE!!! lol

how have you been finding the dvd? do you think it's boosting any loss with you...or losing extra inches? x

I did it quite regularly back in November and I providing I upped my water intake to 3 litres a day when I did it, my losses were good. Definitely lost inches as I dropped 2 dress sizes really quickly without a massive weight loss.
It's hard but only 20minutes so it's doable. I def couldn't do 30 days in a row though- I won't be able to walk tomorrow lol!

lol...is it just 3 or 4 times a week you've been fitting it in?
i reckon i'll have burnt extra calories in the past week....up and down a million times a day putting the dishes away seeing as all i've done is wash dishes with all this cooking lmao!
i would love to go to zumba, did years ago, but i've got a dodgy knee and it just wouldn't cope...swimming's probably my best bet and i did try to go a lot more last summer...but i put weight on and was raging. i've heard that this can happen the 1st wee while but i was swimming 50+ lengths a time and wanted instant results (as we do lol)
like peter kay says...."14 stone in a day" hehe x

Hey!

Well today has been an eventful day work-wise and I'm totally knackered already!
Definitely aching from the 30DS and then me and the OH did 15mins of the Josie DVD in the evening so I'm def suffering!

Today's menu

Breakfast
Bran flakes and alpro hazelnut milk (HEX A& B)

Lunch
Pasta, chicken breast pieces, celery, pepper, spring onions, jalapeños
Fruit salad of grapes, apple, tangerine, Sharon fruit and cherries

Tea
Lemon chicken and rice and broccoli

Syn- going to have a malteaser bunny for 8 syns and some Special K crisps for 5 syns

Xx

Hey!

Syn- going to have a malteaser bunny for 8 syns and some Special K crisps for 5 syns

Xx

you have good taste missy...i LOVE those malteser bunny's and the fact i could have that and walkers lights for 14 syns is fantastic!! WHY haven't i realised that before when i have one here!! lol
you'll be like Josie in no time if you keep those DVD's up! and good on your OH for joining in too ;) x

Back