Fresh start diary

big thumbs up to him for the support ;)

well i made the bbq sauce yest to see if i liked it, i did and i decided to have it tonight with chicken breast...i dunno if i did anything wrong but it wasnt the same - it was as if one of the flavour's had either calmed right down or another was more noticeable but it tasted more like salsa with a bit of a kick.
after rushing about mad earlier trying to cook the chicken and broccoli and prepare the rest so that when we came back, it wasnt a super late dinner, i must admit i was disappointed :(
reckon next time i'd cook it and use it the same day? any ideas? x

Morning!

I'm working a late shift today so my day is a bit back to front! Not finishing until 10pm sucks :-( nearly the weekend though yay.

BBQ sauce wise- it does taste better when made on the day, I don't mind it reheated but the taste definitely changes a bit.

Today is a green day, purely because I notice I'm not having any meat and thought I could use the extra healthy extras :)

Breakfast
Omelette, baked beans and HEX B toast

Lunch
Attempting smash pizza for the first time, topped with HEX A cheese, onions, jalapeños and peppers

Tea
Pasta n sauce (HEX A)
Fruit salad of peach, tangerine, apple, grapes and Sharon fruit

Snacks
2x alpen light bars (HEX B)
Special K crisps (5syns)

Would like to stick to 5 syns as we're planning a drink or 2 at the weekend

Wow tried the smash pizza and think I definitely need to tweak the recipe! The one I followed said to add salt but it was massively salty and unpleasant. Also needs to be thinner and crispier but think I will like it once I've got it sorted x

what a shame you didn't like it :(
i didnt use any salt when i made it - only tried it the once and did 3 small bases all different widths. i def liked the thinnest one best and thought it was alright...or as near a syn free pizza as we'd get lol.
i'm also on green today and loving the 2 HE although i'm not sure what i'm going to have for dinner tonight....

i'm getting my hair done soon so better get thinking or i'll end up having something a little less desirable lol
still been 100% though and seeing your food diary is letting me see that i'm doing ok/eating similar things as other people :D
hope your shift at work goes ok...i'm just finished and that's me for a few days...woo hooo ! x

Morning!

Well last day before a weekend off yay! Really tired and looking forward to some time off. Got the Josie DVd to do when I get home from work then will do 30DS on Sunday if I can walk by then!

Today's menu

Breakfast
Bran flakes and alpro hazelnut milk (HEX A & B)

Lunch
Jerk chicken breast, pasta, pepper, onion, celery and jalapeños

Fruit salad of grapes, peach, apple, tangerine and cherries

Tea
EL burger with bacon, cheese (rest of HEX A) and BBQ sauce, chips and broccoli

Syns- probably a couple of vodkas for 5syns and some Special K biscuits for 5 syns

morning missy
woo hoo..weekend!! :D
your lunch sounds yummy...not to mention the burger for dinner!

i've not long prepared the meat recipe for the sw kebab - have you had it before?
i decided i would do half the amount in case we didnt like it...god, there doesnt look too much but i suppose when its cooked and cut, it might be ok? and i'd usually do a 250g pack between us when cooking anyway so it's bound to be ok?

i'm on EE today and i always struggle until dinner time really - dunno why but think it's cos i try to hang on to that 1 HEb and cant chose what to use it for!

i thought i might be as well trying a red day if i didnt have any sw chips with the kebab cos i've not had any pasta or anything so far and wasnt planning on it for lunch hmmm....not decided yet...

did you try the magic pancakes yet? i went to buy oats today but came away empty handed cos i got confused (doesn't take much lol)
i was looking at porridge oats but then they had a bag of "oatmeal" on offer and i thought, that must be the same except maybe just ground down a bit?? anyway cos i wasnt sure, and cos google wasn't going fast enough on my phone, i just left it! (no patience hehe)

hoping your day at work goes fast so you can enjoy the weekend x

I haven't tried the pancakes yet maybe next week some time as we tend to have a SW 'fry up' on weekends.
Never tried the kebab but my boyfriend would love it- it just sounds a bit complicated and I wasn't sure how it would turn out- let me know if its tasty!

Got a banging headache which is typical for a Friday night :-( need to psych myself up to go cook. It's times like this I really want a pick and mix and a pizza lol

Xx

we've not long had it and i thought it was ok, my OH really liked it but i want to make it again either with the full amount (i halved everything cos i only used 250g pack of extra lean beef mince) and i'm going on the hunt to get extra lean lamb cos it might have given it more of the "fake away" taste for me?
it wasn't difficult at all the make, you put all the herbs together 1st then just mix it thru the meat and bash away at it. i thought it was really salty so would opt for less than the recipe said (and i like salt with everything!)
i mixed it up this morning and left it in the fridge all day and although i'd only used half the amount of meat, i think you'd need less cooking time than the reipe said.
i reckon a good sauce would be ideal with it, i did my own but it wasn't great - again my OH didn't complain (bless him lol)

hopefully your headache will pass...feet up after dinner and ready for the weekend properly? ;) x

I think extra lean lamb mince is only available from a butchers and its quite pricey. Just from what I've read on other posts about it.
Tea has turned mega complicated tonight lol. Boyfriend fancied cauliflower cheese with his so I'm having a red pepper stuffed with celery, spring onion, jalapeños and orange pepper mixed with some tomato purée as my superfree- there is a HUGE wash up waiting for him afterwards lol!

Hello!!

Happy Saturday! I started today with the best intentions, I've gone slightly off plan but its def redeemable.
Was my other half's dad's birthday so went round with pressies and was forced to endure a can of fosters which I don't even like but 'no' was not an acceptable word!

Menu

Breakfast
2 x sausages (1syn), lean bacon, 2 egg omelette, beans followed by a random apple

No lunch as we were still full but I did have a can of fosters lager at 7.5 syns

Tea
Diet coke chicken with peppers, onions, celery and mange tout and boiled rice

Think will top up my syns to 15 with some vodkas later

Xx

Morning!
Can't believe it's Sunday already :-( the weekends fly by its rubbish!
We're having a lazy day today, having a marathon of watching Prison Break and chilling out rather than venturing into the ice.

Breakfast
Bacon and sausage on toast (HEX B and 1.5syns)

Lunch/tea
Roast dinner- roast beef, oxo roast potatoes, roast parsnips, pigs in blankets, broccoli, carrots and gravy (1syn)

Will have my HEX A as milk in a hot chocolate tonight when watching big brother

Xx

don't they just go too fast eh!

i'm having a roast dinner today too - chicken and sw roast potatoes with a ton of veg - looking forward to it :)
i had a cooked breakfast this morning with 1 bit of toast so just had a rocky hi fi there - how yummy are they!

been feeling awful today with the dreaded star week :( :( booo hissss lol and hoping it's not going to have an effect on my 2nd weigh in tomorrow! gonna stick with it though even though i know i'll feel miffed cos it might show next week? i'm on day 14 of being 100% so fingers crossed!

planning to have a malteser bunny tonight when it's tv time...been saving it cos i had no tastebuds fri/sat night (??) so it would have been a total waste! tonight tho...i will savour it ;)

hope you had a great weekend even if monday is round the corner way too soon! x

Morning!

Well yesterday went a bit wrong as the boyfriend bought me a pick and mix! Eek! Oh well I'm staying syn free and doing my DVDs both days until weigh in to try and still get a loss over the 2 weeks :-( disappointed in myself really but nothing I can do now.

Today is a green day as I am on a late shift

Breakfast
2 x wholemeal toast with a scraping of low low spread (HEX B1 and a little of A)

Lunch
Trying smash pizza again topped with HEX A cheese, peppers, celery and onion

Tea
Pasta n sauce packet using remainder of HEX A milk
Fruit salad of apple, Sharon fruit, strawberries, tangerine.

2 alpen light bars as second HEX B

Hopefully I won't be needing any syns today!

Xx

Helloooo!

Well it's weigh in tomorrow- first one in 2 weeks. I'm not feeling very confident I'll be happy with a 2lb loss really. I've had 10/14 100% days and 4 naughty days for my birthday weekend and a random pick and mix day. Oh well what's done is done just need to focus on being 100% until valentines day.

Menu
Breakfast
Bran flakes and alpro milk (HEX A &B)

Lunch
Sausage pasta salad (only had about a third of this as I didn't feel to cracking 1syn)

Tea
5 spice sticky chicken and noodles

Want to keep syns to a minimum as weigh in is in the morning

X

good luck for tomorrow chick....i'm sure you'll be fine ;)

what was the sausage pasta salad you had?
i'm thinking of going to my local butchers and asking if they can do or do sausages with extra lean meat - how good would it be to have nice tasty PROPER sausages eh!
i'm sure they probably will and i've seen lots of people mention joe's sausages on here and although they do sent them across the uk, you have to buy like 8 packs at a time and its a lot to spend on something you've never tasted!

i asked at morrisons the other day if they had extra lean lamb mince (to try the kebab meat properly) and the butcher said he hadnt even heard of that! he said if i went to a proper butchers, i'd prob need to ask for a leg and have them mince it and it would be pricey?
not sure tho, will need to look at another few supermarkets cos folk here have gotten it - maybe tesco or sainsburys (not ones i go to but worth a bash?)

mind and let us know how you get on tomorrow :D x

Well I put half a pound on. Not too bad but do feel a bit hard done by since I've been 100% for most of the 2 weeks. I'm not going to hit my January target or my valentines day target and I feel thoroughly fed up. I'm going to go for a 100% week, 10 syns a day and lots and lots of superfree. I start night shifts on Monday, which means weighing in is a problem as I want to be asleep.
On another moaning Minnie note lol... I don't think this group is for me. My last group was lovely, full of all sorts of supportive characters, the consultant was amazing and would text is during the week to offer encouragement and I really loved being there. I've now moved house and am too far away for that group but my new group just doesn't....fit if that makes sense. Everybody is over the age of 60, the consultant is so loud and brash, and today we had to stand in a queue for 15 mins to be weighed because the lady weighing us was having a conversation about how crap her GP surgery is to her friend! I didn't stay to class and I feel like I'm wasting £5 to just get weighed. The time may hve come to hunt for a new group :-/

Today's menu

Breakfast
2 tangerines, 2 alpen light bars (HEX B)

Lunch
Chicken breast slices, salad, fruit salad of pineapple, grapes, orange and apple

Tea
Beef stew and cous cous dumplings

This looks like a red day to me, if I don't have any parsnip in the stew I can have another HEX B later.
HEX A will be milk in coffee and a bit of cheese with salad

Xx

aww mrs, try not to be too fed up (easier said than done i know!)
not good about the gain....i dont see anywhere that you've eaten to justify that - do you think it could be the dvds - if you're toning up and maybe losing inches instead?
that's not ideal about the group either...that stuff does my head in lol. do you think you need the strictness of a class...i mean, would you stick to it the same if you didnt go to group and tried online or something?
i'm sure there will be others but its trying to make them work round shifts etc
chin up huni x

aww mrs, try not to be too fed up (easier said than done i know!)
not good about the gain....i dont see anywhere that you've eaten to justify that - do you think it could be the dvds - if you're toning up and maybe losing inches instead?
that's not ideal about the group either...that stuff does my head in lol. do you think you need the strictness of a class...i mean, would you stick to it the same if you didnt go to group and tried online or something?
i'm sure there will be others but its trying to make them work round shifts etc
chin up huni x

Thank you :) nice to have a moan and get support on here. I'm just going to really go for it this week I feel quite determined.

The cous cous dumplings were amazing! Def recommend these

Xx

good for you for being so upbeat about it....its not easy but yep, do your best...2 fingers to weight gain lol

ooh how did you do them?
i've never bought or cooked cous cous but i'd like to. we had salad from morrisons tonight with baked potato..i love all the pasta and stuff from there but i was sooooo good and had none! but i'd picked some cous cous for him which looked as if it maybe had some sort of tomato sauce thru it and i thought oh i'm bound to be able to make something similar?
do you have it a lot? if so, what do you do with it? x

Back