Fresh start diary

totally agree nellylou...the special k chewys are yummy...and nice and chocolatey too but the alpen lights are good too...and 2's better for me ;) x

Hey!!

Glad you liked the alpen lights I'm addicted to them lol. How did you get on at group? Hope you feel full of inspiration!

I have a sore throat today..feels a bit like tonsillitis could be brewing so I'm a bit worried :-(

Menu looks like this

Breakfast
Bran flakes (HEX B) with skimmed milk (1/2 HEX A) and Black Forest berries

Lunch
Pasta, red pepper and sausage salad (1syn)
Fruit salad of grapes, apple, satsuma and pineapple

Tea
Salt and pepper chicken and cubed potatoes with lots of superfree veg :)

Not sure about syns yet will play it by ear

Xx

aww poor you...i had my turn the other week of being full of the cold and the 3 days of NO tastebuds was hellish :( hope it passes quickly soon...just keep drinking tons of freezing cold water....sore at first i know but the cold will help numb it a bit and guess it helps to flush it out...cant do any harm either way ;)

class was ok but to be honest, i'd spent so long gathering information and printing stuff out that none of it was new! i had to sit for over 2 hrs before i got weighed so i was a bit miffed at that cos i didnt get home til 9.30 and hadnt had tea as well as miss out on putting my wee one to bed. och well, done now but they so dont promote the green/original days now eh...its all extra easy with the odd mention of the others (and separate book)
i did extra easy today which was good cos i made the diet cola chicken...it was really good and a hit with my OH too so will def make that again. i hadnt thought of any veg to have with it to make up my 1/3 superfree so had half a banana and a tangerine 1st - is that ok do you think? i never finished my meal cos i was so full so i guess it did what its supposed to lol.
just made another batch of the ryvita ferrero rocher and plan on having a few of those and some crisps in a bit.
whats the salt and pepper chicken like? how do you make that? x

Sometimes I don't think it's realistic to have superfree with the meal so I reduce the portion by a third and have some fruit before/after. When I have diet coke chicken I chuck onions, spring onions, peppers, celery and sweetcorn in. And sometimes I chuck some frozen green beans in to bump up superfree

Yep tonsilitis is crap I am in so much pain when I swallow and my ear hurts! I'm such a rubbish ill person I am definitely pathetic lol.
For tea I've had some pasta n sauce as its soft and will have the salt and pepper chicken tomorrow when I've got some antibiotics.

Wow that sounds like a mega long group! Don't blame you for being a bit peeved x

okay doke...will have a peek - i take it its yummy?
i'm not sure the class would usually be that long but i thought we might've got weighed 1st then i could have stayed and left earlier but not to worry..done now.
i hope you feel better soon, i'm not a good patient either.
tablets and tlc required me thinks...and an early night in the hope its eased a bit in the morning x

okay doke...will have a peek - i take it its yummy?
i'm not sure the class would usually be that long but i thought we might've got weighed 1st then i could have stayed and left earlier but not to worry..done now.
i hope you feel better soon, i'm not a good patient either.
tablets and tlc required me thinks...and an early night in the hope its eased a bit in the morning x

It is yummy! Spicy but tasty.
Thanks you! I'm drinking ice cold juice and heading to bed, will post again tomorrow
Xx

Morning all!

Well I've got 2 lots of antibiotics and been advised to steer clear of work for a couple of days as I'm contagious- lovely!
Managed to go to a weigh in but couldn't make my own group so I weighed and ran lol. Lost 6lbs this week though so only half a pound from banishing my December gain! Aiming for 2.5lbs this week as its my birthday on Sunday and cocktail night on Friday! Will be 100% every other day and not having a cake so just the alcohol lol.

Today's menu is a weird one as eating is still painful

Missed breakfast as I was at the doctors and then weigh in

Lunch
Tomato and herb mug shot
WW petit pain (HEX B) with low low chilli spread (1/2 HEX A)

Tea
Salt and pepper chicken and cubed potatoes with peppers, onions, and whatever veg I can locate!

Have got a fruit salad of apple, tangerine, pineapple and grape to munch on

Syns- hmm might have a ice cream double decker as they're 7syns and will soothe my throat and I will stick at 7 for the day.

oooh well done you!! :D that's fab!
glad you got some antibiotics...once they kick in you'll feel much better
and re the ice cream double decker....i reckon it's a must - purely for throat soothing purposes ;) x

Ha ha totally it's purely medicinal!

Change of plan with tea, OH wants the KFC style chicken and chips so having that and using smash as breadcrumbs. I know this causes mass debate about it being a tweak but I've always still lost when I've had it

Xx

i've read a few times where people have said about "tweaks"...what's it all about?
surely if you're still cooking free foods together then its still part of the extra easy plan??
i've also read about the kfc chicken and might give it a bash sometime
i had the macaroni and broccoli bake from the magazine. i used the beans instead of the fromage frais and it was good - my OH liked it and suggested it would be good with tuna. gonna try that next time...all the same ingredients but gonna swap the broccoli for tuna and fit it in with an EE day. i think it would taste just like the tuna bakes you make with a jar of sauce cos the beans (blitzed) give it a tomatoey taste.

i'm absolutely shattered today and can't wait for bed. i've had no syns today and not feeling particularly hungry but gonna try make the most of sum and have a packet of crisps and maybe a wee bit chocolate - will wait and see how i feel once i've dried my hair and i'm all settled x

Ooh the pasta bake looked so nice in the book but I really can't stand quark/fromage frais/cottage cheese so I would really struggle to use something in replacement.
The KFC chicken is nice, takes a few goes tweaking the herbs and spices to get it right- there is no way it needs a full tub of chicken bovril it makes it way too salty.
The tweaking argument comes from fear of people abusing the free foods and then not understanding weight gain. I can understand with things like 1/2 syn roulade because it could encourage people to eat the whole thing coz its only half a syn when really you shouldn't eat that much. And you wouldn't eat that amount of those ingredients separately so why eat them as a cake. The debate goes on and on but I think some common sense is needed

Xx

sounds like it - but surely if you're "tweaking" it, ie using the smash instead of breadcrumb, then the same would apply to smash pizza that everyone raves about? - cos you're using that as a pizza base instead of dough??

the magazine has a bit in that recipe that says to make it go further, add a can of beans instead of the fromage frais (you blitz it all together so its runny anyway) and i'd do the same again to be honest.
i made another load of that chickpea dahl loaf but this time i cooked it in muffin tins and got 12 out of the whole mixture which will be much easier than it falling to bits when trying to cut it and it never took half as long to cook compared to the whole lot in one go.
i dont mind cottage cheese and made mini quiches again (for tomorrow) - also done in the muffin tin, so i've got a couple of them both wrapped for work which is handy (and discreet) to eat.
i'm doing EE tomorrow cos we're going to have burgers for dinner so i'm slightly wary about how hungry i'll be seeing as i'm keeping my HE for the roll at dinner time. i know people say you dont need to be hungry on this, which is fine for days off, but its trying to work out what i can take to work and when i can eat it as i only work part time so dont get a lunch hr/half hr.
so far so good tho, but i'm slightly panicky about the amount of stodge (ie pasta etc) i've eaten compared to usual, not to mention the 14 eggs which have been used since monday (only in recipes tho - not like boiled or poached x 14 lol) and i'm worried that it might not be for me...can only wait i guess.
most people i know have lost doing SW but my friend joined and has lost a fair bit in just under 2 months...her friend ditched it tho cos she was putting on like 4lb a week!!! :-O eeeeeeekkk!!!!!!! x

Honestly chick I would try not to worry, keep doing what your doing and the scales will reward you! I felt exactly the same when I started- no way I can lose weight eating this much pasta and things like burgers and pizza- but it does work! You're doing really well :)
The smash pizza is exactly my argument for using smash as breadcrumbs! Never tried it myself but its always talked about consultants so I don't understand why that's allowed but breadcrumbs isn't!
I once tasted the chickpea dahl loaf that a friend made and it was amazing but every time I've made it, it just crumbles beyond recognition! Might try the muffin tin versions.

So feeling much better today, food is going to be back to normal :)

Breakfast
2 x sausages and turkey rashers on toast (HEX B and 1 syn)

Lunch
Pasta n sauce packet (HEX A) followed by pink lady apple and some grapes

Tea
Chicken, bacon and leek risotto

Syns- going to have hot chocolate for 2 syns and a 3 finger kitkat for 5.5syns

mmm..the risotto sounds yummy!
i had training at work today for hrs and was soooo hungry that the 2 muffins and mini quiches that i had taken were eaten at all the wrong times lol. i've spent the whole day thinking about the burger roll with cheese and sw chips/salad that i'm going to have soon....hope the 1st attempt at the chips is a success lol.

dunno if you're a crisp fiend but i got those tayto "whisps" and they were really good. only 99 cals (so 5 syns is that right?) but really worth it cos there seemed loads compared to walkers lights or whatever. i've also been munching the sw ferrero that i made as my treat and really liking them...i'm surprised how much chocolate is in here (which i could just syn) but i so haven't been bothered....long may it last hehe

glad to hear you're feeling better too mrs :D x

I've done the chips loads of times and the best way I find is to cut them quite chunky and parboil for no more than 6-8 mins then spray a baking tray with fry light, lay them out individually and I sprinkle them with onion salt then spray again with fry light. Really hot oven, about 15 mins! It's taken me a few attempts to get them how I like them coz sometimes they can be a bit soggy.

Yep I feel loads better today- just in time for cocktail night tomorrow! Just found out that my shift at work has changed next week and I can't make weigh in so have 2 weeks before I'm weighed again- aiming for 5lbs loss and I'll be happy with that!

i would be happy with that too ;)
are there no other classes near you that you can just pop in to weigh and go?

well my dinner was yummy...the chips turned out alright (could've been worse lol) but i liked them...and so did my bloke. we had the extra lean burger on a wholemeal roll and i had my HE cheese too. my son even had the burger roll which he loved (!!) and i let him taste the chips when we were eating (he had his 1st cos the chips were still cooking) and he liked them too.
its sad but i'm feeling quite chuffed that what i've made this week, for me mainly - cos i've chosen to do sw, has been a success with my OH and some of the thing with teeny as well.
i'm searching for a curry recipe which doesnt involve too many fancy ingredients - not because i dont like them but just because i've already bought so many things to have in the cupboard, and yeah, i know they'll last a while but if i go out and come back in with anymore bags of "things i need for this" i'll get shot lol

the recipe on sw facebook page/website tonight looks good and handy for cutting up and taking to work so might try that and maybe use HE cheese instead of parmesan which might make it syn free?
all trial and error eh.
think i'm going to do green tomorrow and try the smash pizza. i've got a ww pizza in the freezer which i thought OH could have with added fatness on top for him...just incase the smash wasnt his cup of tea.

as for you being better in time for cocktail night....must've been the double decker ice cream??? :p lol x

Ha ha definitely the double decker!

I've tried a few different curries but ive not found one that's been amazing. I think proper curries need oil and I'm not prepared to waste syns on oil. The next one I'm trying is the tikka masala one which has yogurt (which i cant stand!) stirred in- now this is going to sound weird but I know when I get a korma or tikka masala from a take away it will have yogurt in it but because I haven't put it in myself I don't mind. When I'm making something and add an ingredient in like the dreaded yogurt its all I can taste! Weird isn't it?!

Back