getting back to target - one day at a time

Hi Hun good luck getting back to target x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you, I weigh on Tuesday and hoping to at least loose 2lbs to get me back in my target range otherwise I'll have to pay again and not really sure I can afford it :(

Here to follow :)

Well done on the little gain over Christmas; you will soon have that off x

No :( I found it really tough, the air was so cold and yet I was hot in my jacket, I need to invest in one of those snood things which are suitable for running. I did 4 miles, my mum thinks I should try increasing it a bit more gradually anyway, so I'm going to try for maybe 5 miles this weekend depending on how I feel and then the 10k the weekend after, I'm not rushing though, just whenever I feel ready for it.

Running club have their annual meeting on Thursday so hoping they'll update the club champs and also fee's so I can sign up for some more races just to give me something else to aim for (I know the marathon is a big thing to aim for but would like some little mini aims as well while building up to it.)

Tuesday 15 Jan - EE

Breakfast - rice pudding with apple
Lunch - mashed potatoes with ham, onion, mushrooms and tinned spaghetti
Tea - Thai red chicken curry and rice (1 syn for sauce and HEA for philli light)
Snacks - ryvita mini's (HEB) half a thorntons chocolate santa (11 syns) fruit

Last edited:
Very icy here today :/ so don't think I'll go training, undecided yet whether to do crosstrainer plus a run, crosstrainer plus similar training to what we did last week, or just a bit of a longer run.....

Lost 3lbs this week, lets say I'm over the moon.

Think we'll be staying at home for tea tomorrow (usually go to my mums but me and little one seem to be coming down with colds so don't want to pass them on or for little one to get ratty at my mums) if I do then here's the plan for tomorrow :)

Wednesday 16th Jan - Green

Breakfast - wheatabix made with boiling water and topped with yogurt and berries (HEB)
Lunch - leftover quorn chicken lasagne (HEA)
Tea - meat free chilli with chips and cheese (HEA)
Snacks - 2 ryvita fruit crunch topped with chocolate philli and banana (HEB and 6 syns) something from my graze box (around 6 syns depending on which one has the worse date) fruit

I love that you have a graze box :) Nice diary. You're well organised...this inspires me to do the same. Hope the colds have cleared :)

I love that you have a graze box :) Nice diary. You're well organised...this inspires me to do the same. Hope the colds have cleared :)

I couldn't do it if I weren't organised, I did used to be even more so (would plan a few days in advance) but I found that my boyfriend soon put a spanner in the works by deciding he fancied something else or bringing home something to cook when I'd planned something else, so much easier to just plan a day in advance :)

I seem a bit better but keep getting headaches now and little one is still a bit off, can't decide if its a cold or he's just in a mood. He's still at school though, I can't justify having him off if its just a cold, he'd be off for most of winter if I did lol.

Thursday 17th Jan - EE

Breakfast - melon, apple, banana and yogurt
Lunch - savoury rice with added ham and veg
Tea - philli lemon chicken with pasta (HEA for philli)
Snacks - ryvita mini's (HEB) oatcakes and chutney (6 syns) chocolate orange tiffin (7.5 syns) orange, rice pudding and berries

Last edited:
Thank you Val :) doubt I'll manage the same this week, but would be over the moon if I did. Now I'm back in my range I'll be happy with any loss, won't be happy with a maintain as now I've discovered more HEB's that I love it would be nice to be able to increase them to maintain :)

Friday 18th Jan

breakfast - rice pudding with apple
lunch - pasta with pasatta and pickles
tea - meatfree burgers (1 syns) in wholemeal pitta (HEB) topped with cheese (HEA)with chips, brown sauce (2 syns), onions, mushrooms and toms
snacks - 2 ryvita fruit crunch (HEB) topped with banana and choc philli (6 syns) orange, milk in drinks (HEA) gingerbread coffee syrup (4 syns) hot chocolate (2 syns)

Last edited:
just a quick update about the philli lemon chicken as well, was lovely. My boyfriend made it as he seems to have a better hang of cooking with philli then I do, but all he did was fry off the chicken with some garlic, onions, mushrooms and peppers, added mixed herbs the juice of about half a lemon (well he used less but we have massive lemons in at the minute) seasoned and then added the philli, went lovely with pasta and even little one really liked it. (he had some of my boyfriends when he was distracted by some men coming to sort out the TV)

just a quick update about the philli lemon chicken as well, was lovely. My boyfriend made it as he seems to have a better hang of cooking with philli then I do, but all he did was fry off the chicken with some garlic, onions, mushrooms and peppers, added mixed herbs the juice of about half a lemon (well he used less but we have massive lemons in at the minute) seasoned and then added the philli, went lovely with pasta and even little one really liked it. (he had some of my boyfriends when he was distracted by some men coming to sort out the TV)

Ohhhh sounds lovely. How do U make it? How much philli and how many syns? X

Ohhhh sounds lovely. How do U make it? How much philli and how many syns? X

For two of us we use half a 300g pack of philli, (so 150g lol, we avoid the smaller packs though as its easier to just use half a pack and not have to weigh it out) that works out at a healthy extra a each :) (we use the light philli)

So as long as when frying the chicken and veg you use fry light its syn free, just the healthy extra.... or if you wanted to syn it, it would be 6 syns, as lemon juice and herbs ect. are all free. I was thinking of having it with rice but I think it went really well with the pasta though, so think we'll stick with that next time.

Yummy. Might try it

I'd def suggest it

Saturday 19th Jan - red

Breakfast - 2 wheatabix topped with yogurt and mixed berries (HEB)
Lunch - scrambled eggs, tomatoes and mushrooms
Tea - spicy chicken drumsticks with BNS wedges
Snacks - milk in drinks (HEA) picnic bar (11.5 syns) coffee syrup (2 syns) ryvita fruit crunch topped with cheese (HEB and HEA)

Change of plan today - EE

Breakfast - melon, apple and yogurt
Lunch - mild curry savoury rice with chopped Ham, onion, mushroom, tomatoes and spinach
Tea - spicy chicken drumsticks with spicy wedges and beans (naughty I know no superfree but its Saturday and its cold so stuff it, could add mushrooms and onions but I'd be adding it for the sake of adding it)
Snacks - picnic (11.5 syns) milk in drinks (HEA) gingerbread coffee syrup (2 syns) fruit, kellogs chewy delight (HEB) rice pudding with banana, strawberries and raspberries

Last edited:
Sunday - 20th Jan - red

breakfast - melon and apple with yogurt
Lunch - bacon and egg on toast with 2 light blue cheese triangles and 20g low fat chedder (HEA and HEB)
Tea - lamb with roast BNS, brocolli, carrots and syn free onion gravy
Snacks - ryvita mini's (HEB) mix of nuts and chocolate (11 syns) milk in drinks (HEA) gingerbread coffee syrup (2 syns), syn free pancakes with banana, strawberries and raspberries.

Last edited:
Ended up having lunch as a sandwich instead of toast and only used one laughing cow blue cheese in it, so had the other and the cheddar after with an apple and a pear :)

Back