Giving up chocolates and crisps to TTC - eventually

I'm getting nervous...moving jobs soon and that means I have to move from Lancs to Derbyshire. I am looking for a room to rent for a while, as my OH won't be coming with me until he has found a job there as well. That's making me nervous, as I am moving on my own, I don't know anyone there and I still don't have a place to stay, although I am starting work on 3rd of Feb. I hope I'll find something soon, but with Derby being a student city, most of the flat shares are with students and I don't really fancy that...

I packed up in October 2012 and moved from Glasgow to Aberdeen on a whim! I got myself a job offer and came up for a day to look at some flats to rent and that was that. It'll be fabulous! Change is always good.

Maybe a bedsit would be preferable to sharing?

I found a room I quite like and the other two rooms in the property are occupied by two other professionals (not students - yay) I will go to Derby to look at the room tomorrow. I've already seen pictures and it seems nice. I would have taken it without viewing, but the lady who rents it out wants to meet everyone before they move in, which is fair enough.
I don't mind sharing. I guess that's a good way to get to know people there, as I don't know anyone. And it won't be forever, only until my OH found a job and will follow me. Shouldn't take too long.

I've actually lived near Glasgow from 2008 to 2012... I've lived in Largs and in Irvine :)

I've been to see my GP yesterday, as she has taken bloods last week and had the results now. She said I need to put the diet on hold for now, as my results weren't great... that and the fact I am having my periods for over 3 weeks now got her concerned...
She suggested I could try and have 3 S&S meals a day and add carbs to my evening meal to stay out of ketosis. Maybe that will improve my results. Once my period has stopped and my bloods have improved I can try and start again and see if it works better... I'm gutted, but I guess I have to listen to her...

:( :( :(

I've had my period since i started 3 weeks ago - give or take the odd day or two without it. I take multi-vitamins with extra iron to hopefully balance it out. Its just hormones being released from the breakdown of fat cells. But obviously go with what your doctor is advising if she is that concerned.

Although I imagine eating 500-600 calories a day and not being in ketosis would put your body into starvation mode and the losses would be very minimal? Probably eating 1200-1500 calories would give a much better result. IMO - I'm by no means suggesting im any sort of expert. I just remember a woman I used to work with starving herself on 1000 calories a day and losing 1lb every other week. I was doing atkins at the time and would be sitting eating chicken mayo watching her with her one rivita with a spoonful of low fat cottage cheese! LOL!

I genuinely hope you're ok and do what you feel is best for you.x

Hello ClaireCat. My doctor was only concerned because my blood results weren't great, although I take a multi vitamin. That's why she said I should wait until my periods stop and then try again. She's done S&S as well when she had to lose weight for IVF, so generally she is really supportive. I trust her judgement and therefore I will wait and hope my blood results improve in a couple of weeks. She mentioned as well that by including a proper evening meal and maybe a mid morning snack I should try and reach at least 1200 calories a day. I'll wait and see and hope for the best.

Good luck with it. I hope you're going to keep us all updated? :)

Nothing much happening at the moment. Got the room confirmed now, so have a place to stay when I am moving to Derby next weekend.
I am having a break from the diet just now. Will continue once my pediod has stopped hoping it will be better this time. I really need to lose this weight and I am determined to do it. Didn't want to go against my GP's advice though...

Congratulations on getting the room sorted :) bet that's a weight off your mind?
hope your period goes away. Any time I low carb I get mine, and it's on and off until I stop. Worst side effect from dieting. Does nothing for my love life lol!

I'll be back on plan on Thursday. I've just started a new job and I know day 3 was the worst for me last time, so I wanted to make sure days 3 and 4 are on a weekend. I am looking forward to getting back on plan. I've tried to eat healthily over the last couple of weeks, but didn't always manage... I've gained a bit of back and am at 238.1 lbs just now. Could have been worse I guess.
Anyway...that's behind me now. Looking forward things seem a lot brighter :)

It'll be nice to have you back!
How is the new job? How did the move go?

Spill!!!!x

The move went ok. My new landlady is a bit crazy though...she keeps coming into the house at least twice a day *(she lives in the garage of next door, another shared house) and checking up on us. She comes into our rooms to make sure we've cleaned the house and the rooms... I mean, we are all professional people, we clean at the weekend or whenever it is necessary during the week... She shouldn't just come in unannounced anyway. The other people living there with me are nice though. My colleagues are nice as well. But at the moment my days are rather boring... my colleagues, who are supposed to show me what I need to do, are too busy to do so. Therefore I end up reading boring stuff all day and the days really drag on...

I look forward to getting started again. My period has still not stopped completely, although I had a 2 week break, but my blood results have improved, so my doc gave the ok to start again. yay :)

I still have my period and I'm 6 weeks in. Don't get me wrong, I'm not in danger of bleeding to death, but it comes and goes. I get the odd day off, which is nice. LOL!

Back