Going it alone - food diary!

I've had a horrible week. Work has really been getting on top of me, I had no money (so couldn't afford to buy nice food), housemate issues, neighbour issues, felt bad about myself, felt so ugly. So of course, the solution to all that is comfort eating. Had, among other things, a Dominos Pizza, muffins, a mocha latte.... Stepped on the scales and was 11st 2lb on Thursday, which means I've put on 3lb since my lowest weight of 10st 13lb.

I really don't want to give up and yesterday had a lovely healthy SW dinner. Starting again from now til end of March and think I'm going to sign up and go to classes when I get paid in April. Hopefully that will be the boost I need to get down into the 10's properly.

Saturday 16th March, 2013

2 x weetabix (HE)
Tea with milk (HE).

Herbal tea
Grapes.

Fruit scone (8 syns)
Tea with milk.

Sweet potato
Green beans
Birds Eye fishcake (6 syns).

2 x glasses of red wine while watching GAA (9 syns)
Handful of chocolate buttons (4 syns)

Last edited:
Back and starting again. For most of the summer I'd been hovering around the 11'3 - 11'5 mark. Been using the MyFitnessPal app to do a mixture of SW and calorie-counting. E.g. I'll still have a Mugshot even though it has a high calorie value. Currently 11'0 and hoping to drop about 1lb every week.

It would be amazing if I could get to 10'8 for Christmas and also I think it's great to be proactive regarding my weight before Christmas, so I won't end up putting loads on like I did last year.

So happy to come back on her and write about progress rather than promises. For the past four weeks I have been absolutely strict with myself. Been using the MyFitnessPal app to keep track of everything that I eat. There have been some slips, for example, a bottle of wine and pizza last Thursday with friends and a cheese and ham toastie with X Factor last night, but I'm happy to say I've been able to regulate my eating patterns very well.

A typical day for me would be:

Weetabix or boiled egg + Brennan's "Slimbo" (delicious and only 100 cals per two slices!)

Mug shot

Birds Eye Fish Fusions or an Asda Chicken breast with a low-cal sauce like cajun
Crispy salad 1/3 of plate
Cous cous or boiled potatoes

Yoghurt
Herbal tea

I need to start doing mroe exercise and am trying to get out for walks at least three times a week. It's so cold but feels very worthwhile once I get out there and am tramping the roads. I've moved home so not as able to go to yoga or anything but really trying.

Definitely noticed a change in my body.. they say it takes 4 weeks for you to notice a change and 4 more weeks for other people to notice. So fingers crossed I can maintain this until Christmas and I have a concert on 11th January which will motivate me not to pig out too much.

Happy to say I'm at my lowest weight since July 2011: 10st 12lbs!

So happy and proud of myself. After hovering around 11st mark I'm now 10st 9 lbs!

Not going to deprive myself of anything over Christmas but going to eat small amounts and exercise frequently. Would love to look really good for my graduation photos this time next year so myfitnesspal will be the way forward for me!

Back and still going on the diet though it really isn't a diet anymore, rather a way of life! Myfitnesspal has revolutionised my attitude to food combined with what I've learned through SW.

Had a good Xmas and ate modestly, then back on myfitnesspal and 1200 calories a day. Currently 10 stone 9lbs which is approx one stone lighter than this time last year.

A typical day:

2 x weetabix
Banana

Mug shot
Slimbo (I swear by these!!)

Crispy salad
Cous cous
Birds eye fish fusion

Blueberries
Yoghurt
Meringue nest

Back