Grollyzbird's Food Diary and probably some rambling :D

You might find your body will take a little time to get used to the new regime, so you might still have that big loss week. But your doing really well, keep going :)

Sent from my D5503 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks hun :)
I will be happy so long as it goes down haha :D
xx

Had another manic day yesterday, got to meet my step granddaughter for the first time yesterday :D little cutie pie :heartpump:

I went to the butchers and bought my step daughter, her partner and my partner a big baguette with lots of yummy fillings, they were toasted aswell so were all hot and gooey!! BUT I didn't cave, I just got theirs then we came home and I made myself a fruit salad!! WooHoo :greenapple:

I am feeling great!! I have also upped my water intake and am on about 2 litres a day now :D

so here is day 9 food diary!

Breakfast:
Apple
Mullerlight yoghurt

Lunch:
Fruit salad, honey dew melon, peach, strawberries and grapes

Dinner:
pasta made with mushrooms ham and onions in my yummy tomato sauce

HexA:
30g cheddar cheese
HexB:
60g wholemeal bread

Syns:
Alpen light bar (3)
Total syns (3)

Feeling proud of myself :)
xx

Last edited:
I don't know how to help my sister!
She started slimming world with me on thursday and I popped over to her yesterday and she was in such a bad mood, she was starving!! she was moaning about how she was already sick of looking up syns in the book, how she couldn't find melon, was it free or superfree, I opened the book and pointed straight to it, I told her it is all in alphabetical order.

I keep explaining the fruit and veg are superfree and pasta meat eggs etc are free, she doesn't seem to be grasping it?? I am at my wits end with her lol I am fed up of her moaning at me that she wants to lose weight too, I am trying to help, I show her my food diary, I show her the pics of food, I let her try my food, I helped her with her shopping, I tried to explain to her that the egg mayo sandwich she bought was well over her syn allowance for the day especially on top of her wine! I told her not to panic and if she really wanted takeaway then she can, just be sensible not all the time etc etc, and account for it in her syns.

So she ordered pizza for dinner last night, 2 big 12inch pizza's to go between herself, 2 toddlers, her teenage daughter and our younger sister *sigh* plus she was moaning because she loves pie, so I looked it up and called her, told her a steak pie was 20.5 syns, so her response was great I am having that tomorrow for dinner with mash :d'oh:

then she started moaning again because she told the group she will aim to lose 3lb, I told her if she sticks to plan then she should do it, because of the amount of crap she ate before, but it looks like she isn't changing, but I told her bulk up on superfree and free food, have a big plate of pasta if you're hungry, but she tells me oh I couldn't eat that much, I am used to having a tiny bowl now, so I said well you can obviously eat more because you said you are starving?!!
Do I keep trying to help her or just leave it to her? I want her to do well and get healthy for herself and her kids :fingerscrossed:

Sorry for rambling just don't know what to do, I think slimming world is bloody easy, I haven't craved anything and not been hungry!
xx

EDIT
Oh I forgot to add she is moaning that she doesn't like wholemeal bread, its disgusting etc but is fuming that a slice of bread is 4.5 syns, I told her she will get used to the wholemeal bread, its yummy, but no she won't do it! I have had wholemeal for years, I tried to explain she needs to have her HexB, told her weetabixs or something, but no! I think I give up! She also wont buy the Alpen light bars, I told her they are under HexB, so her response was, no I bought 2 boxes before and ate the lot in 10 minutes, I can't have just 1, I said don't be stupid of course you can eat just one, why the hell would you eat 10?? she said nope not buying them because I know I will eat them, so I said fine leave them at mine and I will bring one over each day, she said no its agro, we live in the same close...

Last edited:
Oh that sounds like a horrible position to be in. It really has to be up to your sister to decide to lose weight.
With my sister I helped her plan the first weeks meals so maybe you could do the same with hot sister. If she is willing.
For the bread she could have one ww petit aim which is white bread. For the pie if she made her own filling and used a sheet if low fat puff pastry or short crust pastry she would be on lower syns. When I did this I did the filling in the slow cooker added the pie top and cooked.
But yet again it is up to her she has to actually do it not you.
Maybe take pics of how much you are eating do she sees it. Hope something works or you decide to let her get on with it

Oh that sounds like a horrible position to be in. It really has to be up to your sister to decide to lose weight.
With my sister I helped her plan the first weeks meals so maybe you could do the same with hot sister. If she is willing.
For the bread she could have one ww petit aim which is white bread. For the pie if she made her own filling and used a sheet if low fat puff pastry or short crust pastry she would be on lower syns. When I did this I did the filling in the slow cooker added the pie top and cooked.
But yet again it is up to her she has to actually do it not you.
Maybe take pics of how much you are eating do she sees it. Hope something works or you decide to let her get on with it

Hi thanks for getting back to me, I tried explaining it all to her, I told her about making a pie, she said she cant be bothered and its cheaper buying the ready made pies, I tried to make a menu with her, I told her I would share my tomato sauce recipe for her for pasta, she said nah don't worry about it, I showed her my thread on here with my menu planned out, she said I am eating to much!!
I keep explaining to her if you are hungry then eat, make up a big patch of tuna pasta and stick it in the fridge, she said no because the kids will take it out and have it everywhere!! there seems to be an excuse for everything :(

I told her about the bread aswell, showed it to her even, but she said its to expensive, so I said well you need to just work out your syns each day, or instead of having a sandwich for lunch have a salad, its really yummy, egg salad or tuna salad, her response was it will be dry because of having hardly any mayo etc!! excuse after excuse, I showed her my pic of salad, it had 1 level tbsp of extra light mayo and light salad cream, plus I sprinkled a bit of vinegar on it first, it was heaven, and wasn't dry at all!!! I even put the picture on here.

I love to cook, she moans about it, she likes to just throw sausages and chips in a deep fat fryer, I have tried for years explaining even before slimming world that its not healthy for her and the kids, she said its cheap and easy and its what the kids want, I love my slow cooker, I made her dinner in it, she loved it, it was veg stew, no meat at all, her kids loved it, but nope!
I think I just need to let her get on with it, anything I try to help her with she has an excuse, I don't want her bringing me down, I am normally a comfort eater, I haven't had anything bad and am on day 10 today.
Thanks again hun xx

oh I also sent her a picture of my dinner last night, had pasta, I had a big plate of it because I was hungry after having a hectic day, her response was "cool" that was it xx

something else I just remembered, I told her to try the green plan because she could have double HexA and B, its exactly the same as EE but no meat, or a small portion, she said she can't be bothered weighing meat out, so I told her she doesn't have to have meat, I didn't on my 2 green days, but once again her excuse was I need meat, if I don't have any I feel sick???!!! what on earth!
She started going on about when we did the TFR Slim and Save together, how she felt really sick in the first week because she didn't have meat! so I explained that it was the caffeine and carb cravings that were making her sick! but no she reckons it was no meat :rolleyes:

I just called her, I tried talking to her about Slimming World again and does she really want to do it, and she said she just wants to lose weight, she isn't bothered about getting healthy! So she is going to stop Slimming World and buy Slim and Save again, I said how can you moan about being hungry on Slimming World and being sick from no meat etc etc but go back on Slim and Save?! She said yeah well I lost the weight quick on that, but I still want to come to group with you each week...

So I just told her very politely to get stuffed! I think she is bang out of order telling me she wants to go to group for weigh in, I said that is so unfair because you can easy lose 5lb a week on Slim and Save, so she would end up getting all the slimmer or the week, so getting the certificate and fruit bowl etc, no bloody chance! that isn't fair on me or the other guys in my group that are trying really hard being sensible etc so yes she won't be coming with me apart from this thursday because she won't be starting Slim and Save until after anyway, seriously though what a cheek lol :slap: Sisters!!! grr lol
Ok sorry guys Rant Over hahaha
xx

You sound like you've done all you can to encourage/coax her into sticking to plan, but now I reckon just leave her to it. When you start losing weight every week and are still eating fabby meals, she might change her mind and join you again.

It doesn't matter how much you want her to do it, she has to want to. If she makes so many excuses, she obviously doesn't want to do it. If I were you I'd quietly get on with my own weightloss, and let her do hers.

You're dead right to tell her not to come to group though... that's having your cake (or shake!) and eating it!

You sound like you've done all you can to encourage/coax her into sticking to plan, but now I reckon just leave her to it. When you start losing weight every week and are still eating fabby meals, she might change her mind and join you again.

It doesn't matter how much you want her to do it, she has to want to. If she makes so many excuses, she obviously doesn't want to do it. If I were you I'd quietly get on with my own weightloss, and let her do hers.

You're dead right to tell her not to come to group though... that's having your cake (or shake!) and eating it!

yep she is on her own now, I have tried my best.
she isn't happy with me about not going to group but in all honesty I would be fuming if she got slimmer of the week and it possibly could have been me, I would deserve it because I would be doing it the Slimming World way!
Thanks for your help hun, I feel better now, just letting her get on with it now
xx

Hi Grollyzbird. Well done on your first week's loss. You are absolutely right to be happy about it - it was a great achievement given that you've just swapped from a VLCD. Many people get a big loss in the first week or two, but it is mostly water and not fat and I guess you've already had the benefit of the water loss!

Coughdrops has nailed it - your sister is not in the right frame of mind to want to lose weight the SW way and I think that the more you try to persuade her, the more she's going to find a reason not to do it. It's a shame that she doesn't want to eat more healthily for the sake of the children but making her feel guilty about it is not going to improve matters, I guess. I would suggest you tell her not to waste her money paying for class if she's not going to follow the plan and anyway, if she does she's going to have to fill out her food diaries and that will probably be too much effort in her current frame of mind.

Don't let her get you down - come and vent on here if it gets bad - but just carry on doing what you are doing and if she comments about you weight lost just shrug your shoulders and tell her that you've tried to explain how you're doing it. It's a shame she can't support you when you have problems going out, but you've already done the hard bit and are getting to know people in the group. As for the people who are drinking a bottle of vodka every week etc - well, we know they're not doing it the healthy way!

Oh I feel so sorry for you because you obviously care about your sister and want her to be loving the healthy way of losing weight like you are... but as everyone's said, it just sounds like she isn't ready for it, what with excuse after excuse. For me SW just came at the right time after being fed up about my weight for years, and that's why it worked.

I think if you just stick at it for you, eating as much as you want of the right things and enjoying it, if she is ever going to come round to it she will when she sees your results. I don't mean just in terms of weight loss but energy, lovely skin etc. Maybe she will get short-term success with the shakes but I suspect she will gain it all back again. If you want to speed up her realisation maybe you can have her and the kids over sometimes and feed them some lovely quick SW dishes? But for now, focus on yourself and don't let her bring you down. The best way it sounds like you can help is by leading by example. If you 'nag' at her (as she will see it) it will probably just cause her to be more negative now.

Thanks guys :)
I spoke to my partner and he has said the same as you :) I am not going to let it bother me, she doesn't want to get healthy just slim, so leaving her to it, I am going to make it clear that I don't want to hear her moaning to me about feeling ill and hungry.
I am in the right place for me now, it is my time, I am feeling great :D
If I am ever down then I will come on here again, your support and advice means a lot!
Big hugs xx

Last edited:
I am pleased to say that even though I have been stressed trying to help my sister I didn't cave and get takeaway or eat anything bad :D I spoke to my sister a little while ago and she said she had a kebab!
Well at least I have been good hehehe :woohoo:

Day 10!!!!!!!! :D

Breakfast:
Mullerlight Yoghurt
Fruit Salad with apple, orange, cherries, strawberries and honeydew melon

Lunch:
Ham and egg salad with lettuce, cucumber, spring onion and tomato

Dinner:
Bacon Double cheeseburger made with 5% beef :D
Slimming World chips

HexA:
2 Dairylea light cheese slices
HexB:
60g wholemeal roll

Syns:
1 tbsp extra light mayo (1)
1 tbsp light salad cream (1)
3 tbsp ketchup (3)
Alpen light bar (3) later
Total syns (8)

Great food today, loving it! :D
xx

Good for you!

That actually looks a much better menu than some of your previous days and it's great that you've incorporated some Syns. It might have been better if you had incorporated a bit of Superfree into your evening meal - fried onions, slices of tomato, lettuce perhaps - but the 1/3 Superfree is a recommendation and it won't hurt to miss it out once in a while.

i hope you thoroughly enjoyed today's food - you deserve to.

I agree that this looks like a food plan that is more balanced throughout the day. I think with the amount of superfree you're eating overall you don't need to worry about the odd meal. I suspect as you get into SW and out of the old mindset you'll find your food naturally balances out more over the day. Well done!

Good for you!

That actually looks a much better menu than some of your previous days and it's great that you've incorporated some Syns. It might have been better if you had incorporated a bit of Superfree into your evening meal - fried onions, slices of tomato, lettuce perhaps - but the 1/3 Superfree is a recommendation and it won't hurt to miss it out once in a while.

i hope you thoroughly enjoyed today's food - you deserve to.

Thank you :)
I did have salad and fried onion on my burger :D I always have super free foods with my dinner Hehe if I don't have it in the burger then I have a bowl on the side ;) love my salad but normally if I have written something down for lunch then even when I have it for dinner I just leave it off here, I will start writing it all down from now on so people have a better understanding of what I eat, sorry for the confusion hun :)
Tomorrow will be different, doing a roast dinner! Got beef yummy, just so happy I never normally cook meat in oil, I will use some of my syns on yorkie puds :D
Xx

I agree that this looks like a food plan that is more balanced throughout the day. I think with the amount of superfree you're eating overall you don't need to worry about the odd meal. I suspect as you get into SW and out of the old mindset you'll find your food naturally balances out more over the day. Well done!

Thanks hun :)
Even when I have pasta I have lots of onions and mushrooms :p
I spoke to my consultant in group on Thursday and she said I was doing great, but I did explain to her that I eat salad with my burger etc some info I was failing to add here :)
I have decided on the days my syns are under 5 I will make sure I have a cappuccino :D not that it will be hard or anything ;) Hehe
Xx

Thank you :)
I did have salad and fried onion on my burger :D I always have super free foods with my dinner Hehe if I don't have it in the burger then I have a bowl on the side ;) love my salad but normally if I have written something down for lunch then even when I have it for dinner I just leave it off here, I will start writing it all down from now on so people have a better understanding of what I eat, sorry for the confusion hun :)
Tomorrow will be different, doing a roast dinner! Got beef yummy, just so happy I never normally cook meat in oil, I will use some of my syns on yorkie puds :D
Xx

Ah - sorry for the misunderstanding. In that case, you've had a brilliant SW day! Have a gold star!!

Ah - sorry for the misunderstanding. In that case, you've had a brilliant SW day! Have a gold star!!

Hehe thanks hun :D
My days are going to be more like this, its just been a manic week which is odd for me haha
I normally sit at home all day bored with lots of time on my hands, going shopping with my sister tomorrow, then a long day on Monday as we are going to my mother in laws, so will be out from 9-6! But I will make sure we have breakfast before we go and then we will be having dinner there but she knows I am on Sw and is cooking the food different so I don't miss out, bless her! :D then a quick egg salad when we get home, I will be making it in the morning so its ready, I don't fancy making food after spending 2 hours on the train coming home lol
Xx

Back