Hello :)

Issywizzywoo, I've seen you on lots of threads and you seem so lovely I felt the need to tell you so!! ...Now that that weirdness is out of the way...

I'm joined here a little while ago but only started to post recently. I also joined slimming world for the second time almost 3 weeks ago and find this site SO much better than the slimming world site.

Good luck to us all!!

Ha, ha, Thank you & Hello Milkshake, I went from lurking to megaposting to get to the magic 50, but now that I've started posting I'm enjoying it!!

How you finding Slimming World? Their site is good but this site is wayyyyyy better imho:)

By the way if I'm missing the letter "b" from any words it's coz me keyboard is wonky & I'm hammering on that letter. Prob got crumbs stuck underneath:D

Ha ha I just chuckled out loud at your 'b' situation sorry!

Yes this site is far more helpful (and addictive now I've started posting)

I'm finding SW much easier this time round and I feel I want it more so will stick to it til I get to target(crosses fingers,legs,eyes and arms) My plan is to keep going to the group for maybe another month or so then just continue at home using people here to help me!

How do you feel you are doing this time round sijack? Good luck for Monday!

Like you feeling good it's just a natural way of eating makes sense to me. Tonight I'm trying out the paella from the sw mag July issue, free syns so left plenty for a couple of glasses of wine I just wish I'd kept to it the last time but this time it's for good. I now know that it's a life long thing. But hey it's just so nice to be able to log in here and speak to someone who is going through the same diet day ups and downs xx

You sound like you've got it sorted then! That's great, Paella and wine sounds fab, and not even like ure on a diet at all!

You sound like you've got it sorted then! That's great, Paella and wine sounds fab, and not even like ure on a diet at all!

Paella and wine sounds like a good combo, I've just had steak,mushrooms and onions and SW chips, lovely and satisfying:) My husband keeps saying "That's some diet you're on", He can't get his head round it at all!

mmmm paella.. ive just had chicken breasts., topped with mushrooms and chilli & a a cheese triangle mixed in, jacket potato and salad. it was yummy, i honestly dont feel like im on a diet xx

mmmm paella.. ive just had chicken breasts., topped with mushrooms and chilli & a a cheese triangle mixed in, jacket potato and salad. it was yummy, i honestly dont feel like im on a diet xx

That sounds like a really filling and comforting type of meal, love it. I think my husband is so used to me trying to exist on soup and lettuce leaves, he can't believe when I say this is free, that is free and its all real food.

I'm planning for tomorrow's Sunday lunch roast spuds, SW style, veg and stuffed pork steak. Have to figure out the syns in the stuffing and syn me gravy:)

I've just had the most bodged job dinner ever..started off making spag bol (not the bestest chef so playing it safe!) but then it became a chilli so had all the spices in, minus the kidney beans because I forgot, then realised the only rice I had was the micro stuff that I refuse to eat as its a waste of syns...so I had a weird chilli with random peas sweetcorn and peppers...with pasta twirls:eek:

Not the most organized person today!

I've just had the most bodged job dinner ever..started off making spag bol (not the bestest chef so playing it safe!) but then it became a chilli so had all the spices in, minus the kidney beans because I forgot, then realised the only rice I had was the micro stuff that I refuse to eat as its a waste of syns...so I had a weird chilli with random peas sweetcorn and peppers...with pasta twirls:eek:

Ha, ha this is what my dad calls a "cowboy dinner", when we make it up as we go along, often discover great recips this way.

Well did it taste nice?

what rice is that?? i hope its not savoury rice because i always eat them thinking there free lol xx

That sounds like a really filling and comforting type of meal, love it. I think my husband is so used to me trying to exist on soup and lettuce leaves, he can't believe when I say this is free, that is free and its all real food.

I'm planning for tomorrow's Sunday lunch roast spuds, SW style, veg and stuffed pork steak. Have to figure out the syns in the stuffing and syn me gravy:)

mmmmmm... i work at wetherspoons and we do carvery every sunday. i think i'm going to have it for lunch. minus the roast pots that they cook in goose fat &the mash.

and my fella is exactly the same, he keeps asking me 'how come you can eat that' ive just had grated cheese on my wedges, never before would i eat cheese. i love it... xxxx

It was edible and syn free so I'm happy, and my 3 year old scoffed it down too so a bonus...can't say I'd try to make it again though!!!

mmmmmm... i work at wetherspoons and we do carvery every sunday. i think i'm going to have it for lunch. minus the roast pots that they cook in goose fat &the mash.

and my fella is exactly the same, he keeps asking me 'how come you can eat that' ive just had grated cheese on my wedges, never before would i eat cheese. i love it... xxxx

Ah sweet talk the chef into putting some plain mash aside for you, so you can be sure it will be syn-free.

I'm sitting here watching "Jack Reacher" film, supping diet coke, eating a curly wurly (5.5 syns) and packet of chickatees (4.5syns), you've just reminded me I've had no hexB & hardly no hexA today, so technically could still have cheese on toast:)

Morning all! Well paella was a no show! :sigh: Went to the supermarket got my ingredients for my hearty meal and found that the one thing I forgot was the saffron. Really wanted to be true to the recipe for a change lol. Had to think quick so decided on a prawn chow mein come stir fry must say it was pretty nice, still got some leftover for a snack today was thinking roast chicken today with all the trimmings :DXxx.

Morning all! Well paella was a no show! :sigh: Went to the supermarket got my ingredients for my hearty meal and found that the one thing I forgot was the saffron. Really wanted to be true to the recipe for a change lol. Had to think quick so decided on a prawn chow mein come stir fry must say it was pretty nice, still got some leftover for a snack today was thinking roast chicken today with all the trimmings :DXxx.

Oh love chow mein, was it your own recipe? Spent last nite looking at recipes, there's so much to choose from. Are you doin stuffing with your roast 2day, I have to suss out how to syn it:)

Listening to the wind howling outside, gonna be another wet day here. Enjoy your roast chicken!!

Tried this one Xmas thought it may help and it's syn free :D Small handful of sage and parsley, 1egg, 1 lemon for zest,extra lean pork mince. Made stuffing balls and wrapped bacon round them. It was yummy!!! Enjoy your roast xxx

Tried this one Xmas thought it may help and it's syn free :D Small handful of sage and parsley, 1egg, 1 lemon for zest,extra lean pork mince. Made stuffing balls and wrapped bacon round them. It was yummy!!! Enjoy your roast xxx

Must try this, today it'll be a packet jobby, too wet & windy to go out for the mince. I'll prob change me mind when I see the syns:)

Back