Help needed for 1st day......

hey folks...
right, i'm on here with a little worry...
this is day 12 for me on the plan and i've stuck to it 100%, eaten what i should and stayed under 15 syns each day...
anyway, i dunno why, but i'm worried i'm going to put on when i go to weigh in on monday....and i'm not sure why??

i don't know if it feels a bit different because i'm not having to think as much about things (it has seemed a bit easier at times this week) or if i'm secretly worried about how many calories i'm eating in total for the day...not sure..but i just feel different.

when i get weighed on monday, it might be the lovely star week which might mean a change but not an excuse, and i've decided that if i have a small gain then still the try another full week cos it might show the following monday?
awww i dunno, i know this plan works for so many people but i saw a few things recently where people said they had gained because they were eating so much carby things/eggs when they hadnt before so i think it might be playing on my mind a wee bit - worried, i think that i might be one of the people it doesn't work for??

before i joined, i used to think i'd eat free foods whenever...just cos i could and that i would "kick the arse out of it" but i sooo haven't which is obviously a good thing!
i've worked really hard to keep myself right on here...preparing meals, spending a lot of time looking for recipes etc not to mention money getting things so really, i just so want to be in the "I Love SW" gang lol

sorry for the whinging....i'm just feeling a wee bit worried :(
hopefully i'm here on monday feeling silly cos i've had nothing to worry about...but its how i'm feeling just now x

Don't worry hun. As long as you are sticking to the plan it WILL work. The more you stress yourself out the more it could possibly affect you (apparently stress can do that)

I would suggest looking through the forum and finding new exciting recipes to try - is there anything you eat that generally makes you more bloated or anything?! For me it's pasta so if I feel bloated and yuk on star week I avoid it. But that's just for my comfort and not because it may affect a loss.

Are you actually feeling bloated or is this just a panic and in your head??

Try and give your C a call and tell her how you are feeling.

Above all DO NOT GIVE UP! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

not feeling bloated in particular...just in my head i think
i'm def not going to give up...i said i would try for a minimum of 4 weeks and i'll stick to that ;)

aww i'm probably being daft, i've really enjoyed the food i've been eating and cooking it all keeps me busy, haven't felt i've missed out once...not even when my OH sits next to me with huge bars of choc and i have a hifi or the SW ferrero rocher lol x

LOVE the SW Ferrero although I had to adapt the recipe as I'm allergic to nuts (no Nutella for me) :(

Hifi or Alpen light hit the spot perfectly for me. I like the chocolatey ones mmmmmm!! Or if ur up for a proper pud then ff yoghurt is great with berries and a meringue nest crushed up on top! (3syns) or yoghurt, berries and a hexb of toasted porridge oats cooked on an over tray with a little sweetener mixed in. Mmmmm

This forum is great for support so don't ever feel you can't come on and rant! People will always make suggestions to help you

thanks sparty!
maybe just the way i'm feeling...?
fingers crossed it'll all go ok and i'll be like "what was i going on about?" lol
until then...i'll just keep doing what i've been doing...and referring to this like its my own personal bible ;) lol x

doing good thank :D you??
its now day 17 for me on the plan...and still 100% busying myself with prepping, planning and giving delia smith a run for her money lol
weigh in was monday and i lost 2.5 so that was good considering i had been worried...and it was totm too!
whats new with you? x

About to start the 30 day shred DVD tonight and not looking forward to it. WI this morning was 2lb off so I'm pleased with that :)

Tryin to plan as much as possible so I don't slip up. Got a night out Saturday including a meal so in gonna check out the menu later on and see what's low syn

Keep up the good work - 100% after 17 days is a fantastic start! And well done on your loss.

Are you enjoying the cooking?! I love it myself - gonna do the chicken byriani from the SW magazine tomorrow

well done on the weight loss ;) and fingers crossed you get a peek at the menu.
i'm going away next month for the night so dinner and b/fast will be involved at the hotel but cant get on to the menu cos there's something wrong with a picture on the website and its covering the link to view the menu...grrrr lol.
i'd like to have lost a stone by then but not putting too much pressure on it cos i dont want to feel disheartened if it doesnt happen..what'll be will be and i really have found it easy to stay on track...cos i dont feel i'm missing out, and yeah, i know its all shiny and new for now, but long may it continue for me!

yeah, i am enjoying the cooking actually. i find it keeps me busy and seems to be getting easier with less stress if that makes sense?
at first i was purposely finishing work early so that i could come back and prepare things for the next day if we were going to be busy that evening (to try fit it all in) but now it just seems to happen and i think that's what worried me last week a bit...that it all felt "normal" and there wasnt as much effort as the 1st week.

but being prepared is definitely the key i think and taking the time to make the chickpea dahl muffins and mini sw quiches has been great cos i just take a couple of them to work and only need to plan my lunch and the dinner.
just finished another batch of the ferrero rochers. i only did it with 3 ryvita and one tbsp of nutella so 8.5 syns but i got 12/13 so less than a syn each and i know that i'm safe when i have a few and count them as 1 each. they really are mega!!

i had a look for the sw magazine today but it looked like it was the one i got before new yr so will hang off til the new one's out. keeping on top of new recipes is helping too as i think it would be easy to get bored with the same things over and over, especially for dinner!

how long have you been doing this now...you're almost target from what i see (unless it's still to be updated after your loss this time?)

i made the cottage cheese and bean cakes off the website the other day. ended up with a huge gloupy mess but spooned them onto a baking tray and kept turning and squeezing them together and they turned out ok....a bit dry and i ended up eating them all myself that day but maybe if they were warm and not on their own they'd be easier to go down lol
you'll need to let me know how the curry is...i'm not a huge curry fan and dont really know the difference but my OH does and i made something last week which he said was like bhouna? saying that...i do like big fat chicken curry from the chinese....so desperate for a recipe which makes one like that lol...and the cauliflower curry sauce was gonna be it....by look..but certainly not by taste...for me anyway! boak! lol x

ps...good luck on the dvd ;) x

Hi there, any chance you could give me the recipe for the 1 syn Ferraro rochet please . I've got a box in The cupboard and its almost killing me not eating them. I've done SW before some years ago and giving it ago from home this time, so looking on here for inspiration. Sounds like you're doing we'll .... Keep it up :)

i usually do smaller batches cos i noticed the longer they were in the fridge (if i had done a lot), the more the ryvita went a bit chewy.
so tonight i did 3 ryvita, 1 tbsp of nutella.
crush the ryvita up ( i just bash mine in a big bowl with the end of a wooden spoon), heat the nutella in the microwave for about 20 seconds then i pour the ryvita into the bowl of nutella and give it a good mix.
because i dont add any syrup or anything, i found the 1st time that it was hard to stick together easily and couldnt roll them in to a ball so what i do is have a wee bowl of water, dip my fingers in then i can squeeze it together and put them in the fridge.
so 8.5 syns for that but depending on what size you make them, you'll get more. just under a syn each for mine cos i got 12 but reckon you could do teeny ones for 1/2?
i absolutely LOVE them, (so does my son!) ditch the box you have cos you wont need them ;) lol
let me know what you think x

They have some stuffed peppers to start or soup that are the best options syn wise. I guess the peppers are cooked in oil so will have to syn that if I have those. For main I might just go for steak as a safe bet and ask for a jacket potato. The other option is fish cakes - again will probably have to syn oil for those. Ill steer clear of pudding and probably drink vodka and diet coke instead of wine most of the night. (I say this now but I will find it really hard to stick to - maybe set myself a limit of a glass of wine with dinner and then vodka and diet coke.

Most hotels have a buffet style breakfast I think - I would say have a yoghurt and fruit first and then if you want more, have bacon (cut the fat off) poached egg, mushrooms etc and you could use your hexb for toast?! You would only need to syn oil really unless you drink juice. Where are you off to?

I need to get myself a muffin tin - I can't make that sort of thing to take with me ATM. I tend to go for home made syn free soups, pasta dishes with veg in or a hexb roll at the moment. Might make myself some tuna potato salad for tomorrow with spring onion and red pepper in it. Ooooohhhh and maybe a hard boiled egg crumbled up.

I started back in June wanting to lose 10lbs as I put weight on over the course of a few months. I tend to go up and down a lot since my teens so that's why. I got up to 2lb from target in August and then went on holiday and never got back on it 100% when I got back. Had another holiday on November and Xmas etc.....so I was nearly back to where I started from when I restarted at the beginning of January.

I'm at 2lb to go again and feel like I'm in a totally different place this time. Before I wanted to lose weight for a holiday but now it feels more long term. It might take a while to get the last 2lb off as it is often tough near the end but I'm just gonna be patient.

Tell me a bit about your journey - remind me your targets etc and what made you decide to do something about it. Do you go to class?

I love a curry and always make easy ones just using curry paste and a few spices. Never followed a SW recipe before but I'm gonna save all my syns all day to have a poppadum and mango chutney as a treat with dinner. Mmmmm

i've always had a weight problem...always been aware of calories and good and bad foods and i lost a lot of weight a few yrs ago on my own...but its crept back on as it does. i joined ww after not being able to get in to a pair of jeans which i loved and lost 2 stone in about a year, thought it was great but totally missed the jeans fitting me then had the rage that they were too big lol.
anyway, the ww journey started to consist of me being hungry all week but knowing that i would have a meal out or take away at the weekend...kinda guilt free and thought that it made sense to be good thru the week and enjoy my treat at the weekends?
i got to a point where i was just hungry all the time, eating like a sparrow and not losing any weight...up and down for a full year but getting no where on the scales really.
so i know people who had lost a lot on sw but was always saying things like "how does that teach you portion control?" "i'd just eat stuff for the sake of it" bla bla but spent weeks and weeks looking over things on here and google etc and thought right, i'm going to give it a bash, i know it doesnt work for everyone but i might be one of those who it does work for?...and here i am! (yep, goto class but just for weigh and go so far cos i cant fit in the extra time to stay just now)
i dont really have any target to be honest, when i lost 6 stone before, i didnt go to class, looked like i had a lollipop head but yet would still have been 3 stone overweight!!! funny how weight is deceiving eh!
when i did that tho, i went from eating junk, not eating for hrs etc to making meals and felt like i was always eating but really it was just being sensible. it was through calorie counting and the sad thing is, i look back at pictures and know that that specific time is when i became obsessed and constantly thought my tummy was bulging everywhere etc...god to look like that now! lol.
i trully believe unless you've had a problem with your weight, you cant fully understand how hard it is.
i have spent years always thinking what have i had, oooh i shouldnt have, what's in that, what will i have next, oh i really want that...but shouldnt...so want it more and its just EXHAUSTING!!!
i know what healthy eating is about but i also know that so many things that seem healthy arent!
typing that there has just made me realise that in the last 17 days (other than last fri when i was having a wobble) i havent thought like that at all....only things i've been thinking is "what will i make tomorrow" "what can i take to work that's easy/quick" "wonder if that recipe is nice/do i have those things"
wow! cant actually believe its taken me this long for the penny to drop lol. purely thoughts around preparation/routine rather than what i "need" to have/"should have
:eek::eek::eek:
lol

hope those last 2 lbs arent a bugger....but you're soooo close and i think that might just deserve a glass of wine ;)

yep..def get the muffin tin (although i've been having a hard time with mine lately...everything sticking :( grr) i made pasta and have bacon, chicken, onion, sweetcorn, pepper and mushrooms thru it with a dollop of e/l mayo for lunch tomorrow - looking forward to it actually x

Oooooh ta for that. Will grab some ingredients tomorrow. I'm assuming they're the bog standard ryvita . Yum yum, can't wait to try them :) X

i've just been using the standard ones but have dark rye ones in the cupboard too so will just need to check the syns.
i know people do them with scan bran but i'm not sure if they'd be a bit dry? good if you had them as your healthy extra though..then only needed to syn the nutella?
i had 4 earlier when i settled to watch some tv...deeeelish!
really quick and easy and great for the chocolate fix (well i think so anyway lol)
fingers crossed you share my thoughts ;) x

Do you spray the muffin tin with fry light first?! Maybe that will help it come out properly?!

I have made a SW quiche before with peppers, mushrooms etc in it using low fat cottage cheese, eggs and a casserole dish to set it. Always turns out nice :)

I know what you mean about it being exhausting sometimes constantly examining what you eat and drink but like you, now I plan plan plan!! I always have my books and diary with me so I can always check things and look through recipes for the week.

that's definitely the key me thinks lol.
and yeah, i use fry lite....like its going out of fashion. might invest in one of the silicon ones to see if they're any good.
oh i'm shattered this morning and leaving for work in half an hr. got a boiled egg left from salad i bought yest so going to have that and a banana before i leave and take my magic porridge with me....yummy! x

I'm on the train to work now :( hate early mornings!!

I haven't tried magic porridge yet - going to get some yogurts tonight and I might give it a try for tomorrow. What flavour yoghurt do you use?

I'm just having weetabix and milk for breakfast. Got my tuna and potato salad for lunch (ill have an apple and a muller light as well) and having bangers and mash for tea with carrots and broccoli. I've got some of the 'Nu-Me' sausages from morrisons but they don't have a lot if flavour. I thought I might try sprinkling a bit if mustard powder on them as they cook - or whole grain mustard maybe?!

i've been using the activia 0% snackpots for mine....i only discovered them the other week and they are yummy!!
had some in a mullerlight the other day tho - i had no tastebuds so cant say for sure lol.
def need to be a big one tho i think...i want to try the pancakes with it but havent yet

i'm going to try speak to my butchers and ask about sausages with e/l meat....i'd love a decent one and none of these half fat herby numbers lol x

I know!! 'Diet' sausages are so poor in flavour. And dry so i always use plenty of gravy.

But I try to make the rest of the dinner more flavourful to make up for it. I have a nice recipe for 'glazed' carrots which makes them nice and sweet (you have to syn them a bit as it uses spread/butter but its worth it). I always chuck a dry fried chopped up onion in the gravy as well so that helps.

I have picked up toffee and cherry flavoured mullerlight this morning so ill give the magic porridge a try tomorrow - prob try toffee first. I might throw in some pumpkin seeds as a second hexb if I have a red day (2 tablespoons for memory but ill need to check) or syn them.

Do you keep a diary then to plan stuff?! I write it all down after I eat it so I keep track but try to plan in my head or I would end up with scribbles all over lol

Back