Hi Everyone!

pudwinkle02 said:
I weigh in on Saturdays :) I'm gonna try my hardest to start going to a group as soon as my back gets better, but I reckon that by the time I get better enough then I will be starting Uni and moving over 4 hours away! I definitely know what you mean about the accountability! But thankfully my best friend goes to a sw meeting and she's taken me under her wing and is making sure i'm trying hard haha!

Well u maybe in a routine of doing it on ya own by then anyways u will know what's best sure. Sounds like its good having your best friend doing it too all my friends are skinny Minnie's so it's just me lol x

Well u maybe in a routine of doing it on ya own by then anyways u will know what's best sure. Sounds like its good having your best friend doing it too all my friends are skinny Minnie's so it's just me lol x

The majority of my friends are skinny minnies as well, but it is nice that my friend know's what it's like to want to lose weight! Hopefully we can help eachother along and try and keep one another on track!

Morning! Yeah hopefully - same to you! I'm sure we'll both do well today :)

I'm so nervous about weigh in tomorrow, I've been following the slimming world and doing load of exercise but I'm bricking it!

Don't be scared! If you've been following it and exercising there is no reason why you shouldn't lose any weight! Massive good luck to you for tomorrow! And let us know how you get on! x

3lb off not too bad for a first week :)

Well done sparx! That's excellent! :D x

Thank you, I'm really determined after a first positive result! Hope all is well with everyone else, I think it's amazing how quick the body can adapt to changes, just had strawberries and fat free rhubarb yogurt for pudding haha!

That's great! I'm really pleased for you! Hopefully i'll do as well when I weigh in on Saturday! I managed to go to kfc with my friend today and not eat anything! I just had a diet coke and watched him eat his food! That was a little victory for me today!

good luck for your weigh in, pudwinkle! i used to do a weekly weigh in but Dukan recommends daily. i agree you shouldn't get expect to see results after a day, but i actually find the daily weigh in quite motivating. sometimes i'll have dropped weight earlier in the week but had one bad day before the 'official' weigh in, which could throw everything out and make me want to give up.

either weigh - sorry... :) - i wish you lots of luck!

Wow that's really good, I work part time in a fast food place so I'd usually have their food on my break but the last few shifts I've been taking in mug shots and fruit and plan on keeping it up :)

Hey everyone!
sounds like you are all doing well on here!
I have also started SW but I am doing it alone instead of going to class. I have been to SW before & lost 1st7lbs but as I stopped going to class the weight crept back on again so I am determined to shift it & never find it again! :)
Best of luck to everyone & I look forward to getting to know you all! xx

Nichola.. :)

I know I've only just joined the forum but when will I be able to do things like upload a avatar and information in the profile bar thingy? :)

you have to post a certain amount of threads & stuff before you can do things like that, I think if you try to go to your profile it won't let you just yet but it will explain there. xo

Nichola.. :)

Ah I figured that'd be the case, thanks for letting me know though, bit frustrating not being able to fully use the forum haha! But ah well, will just need to post some more.

I know I've only just joined the forum but when will I be able to do things like upload a avatar and information in the profile bar thingy? :)

I just joined a few days ago and I can't upload a profile pic either. I think it might activate after 20 or 50 posts? But you should be able to display info in the profile bar right away, though (location, start date, BMI, etc.). Just go to Settings -> Edit your Profile. Lots of info for newbies in the Tutorials too.

I just joined a few days ago and I can't upload a profile pic either. I think it might activate after 20 or 50 posts? But you should be able to display info in the profile bar right away, though (location, start date, BMI, etc.). Just go to Settings -> Edit your Profile. Lots of info for newbies in the Tutorials too.

I've filled out the profile bar twice and it's not having any of it the second time I made sure I clicked saved changes but nothing :(

Edit: Ah I figured it out :D

Last edited:
hmm... that happened to me once or twice - i solved it by logging out and back in again (sometimes you get logged out automatically after a certain time). Or maybe you set your profile privacy so that the info is hidden? hope that helps..

Back