ICanDoThis Weight Loss Diary

I'll probably give the Granola a swerve from now on, or if I do have it, I'll just have it once a week. As the days have started to pass by, I find myself not craving unhealthy foods as much. However there is a long way to go and I imagine I will have those feelings again at some point.

Today's meals:

Breakfast: Muesli with skimmed milk. Half a grapefruit

Lunch: Prawn sandwich(wholemeal bread)

Tea: 4 chicken thighs in paprika seasoning, salad and cottage cheese.

I had the same 3 meals today, that is one thing I struggle with, trying to think of new meals that can be done without too much fuss. The prawns needed to be used up anyway, before they went over their use by date. I love chicken, but it seems like that's all I am having, I don't think it's a problem for losing weight, it might start to get tedious at some point though.

I have had home made burgers and lasagne as new dishes, they helped to mix it up a bit, I don't have them often though, for obvious reasons. I have curries and pasta dishes, but I always have chicken within it.

I might start clucking if I eat any more chicken. :crazy:

Haha I did that yesterday!! Had the exact same thing for lunch and dinner! Sometimes it's just easier. I might turn into a chicken if I eat any more eggs!! Agree that it needs to be mixed up a bit now and again to keep on track. This site is good for different ideas x

Today I had my first way weigh in since 10 days ago, I had hoped for around 4-5lbs off, however I've only lost 2lb. It's still going in the right direction, but when I am such a big size I feel I should be doing better.

All steps in the right direction, it can be discouraging when u feel you should have lost more but just keep on going!! You lost a lot quite quickly so it's probably fair to expect some weeks with lower losses now and again (unfortunately). Would love for it all to magically just melt away x

All steps in the right direction, it can be discouraging when u feel you should have lost more but just keep on going!! You lost a lot quite quickly so it's probably fair to expect some weeks with lower losses now and again (unfortunately). Would love for it all to magically just melt away  x

Yeah, I imagined I would get to this point, I just hope it will pick back up eventually and I don't stall completely. I'm over the disappointment now and I am carrying on as usual.

Today's meals:

Breakfast: muesli with skimmed milk; and half a grapefruit.

Lunch: 3 salt and vinegar rice crackers.

Tea: Chicken in Moroccan seasoning, salad and cottage cheese.

Day 71 almost over and I am still on track, the longest I have ever lasted on a diet, I'm going to have to repeat the 71 days five times over if I am to get close to my goal weight. I believe I can do it, I just hope the scales are kinder to me next weigh in.

Breakfast: Muesli with skimmed milk; and half a grapefruit.

Lunch: Tuna sandwich(wholemeal flat bread)

Tea: Chicken, salad and cottage cheese.

I'm not an expert by any means so feel free to ignore me!! Just wondered if you are eating enough? If you have a lot to lose you might need to up your intake a bit? I'm not good at the science to do with weight loss, but I do find I don't lose as much if I don't eat enough x

I was going to mention that, but it's a fairly contraversial idea.

Essentially the body adapts when eating at a large deficit and works hard to try and stabilise your weight. But eating so little (and losing LOADS of weight) so your body would've become more efficient at using the calories your giving it.

Up your calories for a couple of weeks and see how it goes, you may gain slightly to begin with but it should improve your losses overall

I'd say I am eating enough, the reason I say that is because I don't get any hunger pangs between meals. I think the main problem is not enough exercise, in 2007 I got a nasty viral infection, which ended up turning in to chronic fatigue syndrome, I stopped being able to do much other than move around the house. I became depressed on top of that and resorted to food for comfort and that's where all this weight has come from.

I am better than I was back when I first became ill, but it's still tough.

I will try and calculate my calorie intake though, to see how much I have been taking in, just in case I am eating too little.

Hunger is quite literally the worst way to measure intake, I could feel full after eating a 200 calorie salad but that doesn't mean I'm fuelling my body enough.

Weight loss is 80%+ diet, you need to get that spot on before you start looking at exercise as a cause of slow down.

definately count a typical day and see what it says :)

I've worked out I am probably consuming around 1600-1800 calories a day, could be a little more some days, but definitely no less than 1600. Personally, I would say that's about right, I wouldn't have thought it was too little.

Are your stats to the side correct? If so that's WAY too little, probably by about 700+ calories I'd say. I eat anywhere between 1800-2000 per day to put things in perspective and I'm 12 stone lighter, 2 inches shorter and a girl.....

TDEE Calculator

Plug your stats in here and work it out, you shouldn't eat below your BMR (the number of calories the hospital would give you if you were in a coma) per day. It might surprise you!

Are your stats to the side correct? If so that's WAY too little, probably by about 700+ calories I'd say. I eat anywhere between 1800-2000 per day to put things in perspective and I'm 12 stone lighter, 2 inches shorter and a girl.....

TDEE Calculator

Plug your stats in here and work it out, you shouldn't eat below your BMR (the number of calories the hospital would give you if you were in a coma) per day. It might surprise you!

Yes the stats are correct, I put them into that website and it claims I should be having 2859. I've been on 1600-1800 for 10 weeks now, I could push it up a couple 100 more calories but a 1000 would be a whole other meal.

I'll see how my next weigh in goes, if it's the same as the last one, then I will bump up my cals.​

The problem is, if you stay on such low calories, 10 stone down the line, when you've had to reduce them you're going to end up in a place where you have to eat 1000 cals or less to lose weight.

Keep the metabolism as high as possible, people who lose weight are already at a disadvantage as we require less calories for maintenance than those who haven't lost weight, so you don't want to damage it any more by eating too low at the very beginning of the weight loss.

My advice would be to eat more, closer to the 2500 mark than the 1500 mark. You will gain weight initially, but it'll all be water and will quickly sort itself out. But will stand you in better stead when it starts to get tough.

I would agree with stackhead. You could increase ur cals gradually over a week or ten days by introducing more fibre and small healthy snacks so ur eating little and often?x

If I introduce healthy snacks between meals, that should bump it up a few hundred cals. Any ideas what sort of snacks I could have?

High calories healthy stuff like nuts, avocados, banana's (relatively high cal), use oil when cooking.... Just shoving down a smoothie can bump up your calories by a couple hundred and won't full you up that much. Fruit juices will hike up the number a fair whack. Don't use low fat products.

High calories healthy stuff like nuts, avocados, banana's (relatively high cal), use oil when cooking.... Just shoving down a smoothie can bump up your calories by a couple hundred and won't full you up that much. Fruit juices will hike up the number a fair whack. Don't use low fat products.

Is it because the low fat products replace the fat with sugars?

I'm going to buy some nuts for sure, smoothie's would be good too.

Thanks for the help. :)

Well I have just used my fitness pal for the first time, it's really good. However it seems I am eating less than I thought, 1,540, I will bump that up with nuts, smoothies and some other healthy snacks.

I'll try and get to 2000 as the first aim, then go from there.

Back