Inside there is a thin girl trying desperately to get out...... (Wedding Countdown)

Subscribing :)

I'm in my 4th week but had a gain last week so am doing filling and healthy this week (similar to SS however I have 49 points to use across the week for treats instead of 2 treats a day)

Food is looking lovely :) x x

Here to support and subscribe. Good luck, I started yesterday... we can do this!! :)

Thanks Pumpkin Patch, good luck to you aswel.

Are you doing Simple Start? im really enjoying it...... its my first Weigh In tonight though....... EEEEEEK!!!!

Helen XXX

Subscribing :)

I'm in my 4th week but had a gain last week so am doing filling and healthy this week (similar to SS however I have 49 points to use across the week for treats instead of 2 treats a day)

Food is looking lovely :) x x

Thanks for Subscribing :)

Good Luck with F&H - I see your a fellow west midlander!!!

Helen XXX

Thanks for Subscribing :)

Good Luck with F&H - I see your a fellow west midlander!!!

Helen XXX

No problem :)

I am indeed, where abouts are you from? :)

I swapped from SW to WW and even though I gained this week, I am enjoying it so much more! x x

Good Afternoon Everyone...... I hope your all having a good Monday!!

i really like doing my daily posts for you all, i find its keeping my motivated :)

So for my tea last night i had spaghetti bolognaise with wholewheat pasta, salad with extra light mayo, and also a W/W Petit Pain.
followed by a w/w Icecream pot (my new fav!!)

Plus a late night bowl of puffed wheat with skimmed milk to stave the hunger pangs.

(maybe too much info, but its my time of the month, so i am struggling with hunger and carb cravings, hence the amount of cereal i have consumed this week lol)

Todays food so far:-

Breakfast - 2 x dry crumpets, an apple and a banana
Lunch - WW Wrap filled with ham and lettuce. Carrot and Celery sticks.

I have a pot of blueberries, grapes and cherries to snack on to keep me going till after Weigh in (only 3.5hours to go!)

Helen xxx

Only 3.5hours to go until my first weigh in....... eeeeek!!!

No problem :)

I am indeed, where abouts are you from? :)

I swapped from SW to WW and even though I gained this week, I am enjoying it so much more! x x

I'm from Tamworth, not exactly the West Midlands, but close enough...... how about you.

Yea, i swapped from SW too, because although SW Worked Well for me, i just lost interest and was constantly going 'off plan'.
I had reservations about joining WW, because i was concerned that i would always be hungry, but so far im really enjoying it!!

Helen xxx

I'm from Tamworth, not exactly the West Midlands, but close enough...... how about you.

Yea, i swapped from SW too, because although SW Worked Well for me, i just lost interest and was constantly going 'off plan'.
I had reservations about joining WW, because i was concerned that i would always be hungry, but so far im really enjoying it!!

Helen xxx

I'm originally from the Wolverhampton area but went to uni in Leicester and have just moved back nearer my parents but to Kidderminster (technically Worcestershire but I still class myself as a west midlander :))

Slimming world worked well for me for a while but after a few months even though I was sticking to it, my weight loss just halted and my consultant couldn't and wouldn't figure out why or help so I decided to swap.

I find the WW Simple Start and Filling and Healthy are a happy medium between the two diets. I was concerned initially as I felt that I was doing a similar diet to SW but was able to have bread and crumpets too so expected to put on weight but I didn't!

I went onto Propoints for a few weeks and loved that. I ate whatever I wanted really but just counted the points but this week I gained for some reason, even though I was golden so I am giving filling and healthy a go for a week to see if that is any better! :)

Oooh good luck for your weigh in! Let us know how you get on.

If you want any meal ideas, I have a thread too (there is a link in my signature) I try and put my food diaries on there although I have been a bit lax in the last week or so!

Charlie :) x x x

well i lost 1.5lb at my first weigh in!
im not gonna lie i am a little disapointed :sigh: but its going in the right direction.
i just thought that with it being my first week i might have lost a bit more.
i just hope im doing it right, eating the right things, not too much etc...... but onwards and upwards eh? :rolleyes:

Tonights tea was Lemon Chicken & Chickpea Tagine, with Cous Cous.
A small pot of Ambrosia Low Fat Custard and WW Lemon and ginger biscuits.

Im now enjoying a cuppa tea, and flicking through my New WW Points Pack

Helen xxx

Congrats on the loss. U mentioned earlier TOM so u may have lost a little more in another wk? Try drinking more water as fluid retention is a big problem when u have period. I'm lucky my pill has stopped mine so don't nd 2 worry bout tryst anymore.

Ur dinner sounds lovely, is it a recipe? Dry crumpets?! Like crumpets but bnedd something on them, bn using lime marmalade on mine previously & was really tasty. Nit had them 4 couple wks now, mite add 2 shopping list.

Hope uve had a gd day & lovely evening x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thankyou, yes i had thought that it maybe to do with TOM, so im not too disheartened. im going to follow the simple start again this week, and see how i get on!

haha, dry crumpets really arent that bad (i found out, when i was in too much of a rush to butter them the other morning) and it means i get to save on my ''treats''

Yes the Tagine, was a recipe i found posted on here. There was A LOT of liquid, but i drained a lot of it out and used it to make the cous cous with...... it was really tasty....... even H2B Approved.

Lemon chicken and chickpea tagine

2 tsp oil
Chicken breasts cubed (1 per person)
1 onion chopped
2-3 carrots sliced
2 crushed garlic cloves
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp each tumeric, paprika and cinnamon
1pt chicken stock made with oxo cube (0 pp)
Can of chickpeas (400g can)
Pared rind and juice of 1 lemon

1- preheat oven to 180c/ gas mark 4
2- heat a casserole dish on and add the oil. Then add the onion, carrot and chicken. Heat over medium high heat for 10 mins until chicken browned a little and onions are soft.

3- add the spices and garlic and cook for 1 min stirring

4- pour in the chicken stock, chickpeas, lemon juice and lemon rind. Bring to the boil then put the lid on the casserole dish and transfer into the oven and cook for 40 mins.

Night Night All

Helen xxx

Thanks Pumpkin Patch, good luck to you aswel.

Are you doing Simple Start? im really enjoying it...... its my first Weigh In tonight though....... EEEEEEK!!!!

Helen XXX

Am doing propoints and have an online subscription. Day 3 today, and all is well :) - I see you lost 1.5lbs this last week, well done!! :)

Great diary!
Jenny xx

Thanks for recipe, have copied it & mite make this wk sometime.

How's things 2day? U managing 2 plan? X

Evening All.....

well ive had a long, tiring and stressful day in the office today!
im soooooo pleased i did some batch cooking at the weekend else tonights tea could quite easily have ended up as a trip to the Chip Shop!

Todays Food Diary -

Breakfast:- Puffed Wheat with skimmed milk and Sweetener, and a banana.
Lunch:- 2 x Crumpets and a pot of Cherries, Grapes and Blueberries
Dinner :- Chilli, with Brown Rice, Salad & Extra Light Mayo.
Treats :- W/W Apricot Fromage Frais & 2 x W/W Ginger & Lemon Cookies.

Gonna treat myself to a much deserved early night now...... Feeling Very Proud of Myself this evening :D

Night Night

Helen xxx

Arrrggggghhhhhh I have a real craving for something sweet, but nothing in the office that im allowed :(
hoping a cup of tea with a sweetener in might help!!!! what does everyone else do in this situation???

Todays food so far........

Puffed Wheat, with Skimmed milk and sweetener.
An Apple, and a banana.
Some left over bolognaise mixed in with some wholewheat pasta.

Helen xxx

Arrrggggghhhhhh I have a real craving for something sweet, but nothing in the office that im allowed :(
hoping a cup of tea with a sweetener in might help!!!! what does everyone else do in this situation???

Todays food so far........

Puffed Wheat, with Skimmed milk and sweetener.
An Apple, and a banana.
Some left over bolognaise mixed in with some wholewheat pasta.

Helen xxx

Hi Helen,

It's rubbish when that happens :( at the moment If I get that, I have a box of mini shredded wheat in my drawer (I always eat breakfast at my desk at work) and so I just have a really small bowl of that with a bit of sweetener.

Orrrrrr I take some Fat Free Greek Yoghurt mixed with Sweetener and mix in frozen fruit. I bring that to work every day with me because I know that around 3pm I will need a sweet fix and I prefer this alternative to having more shredded wheat!

Hope the tea helps!

x x x

Hi Helen,

It's rubbish when that happens :( at the moment If I get that, I have a box of mini shredded wheat in my drawer (I always eat breakfast at my desk at work) and so I just have a really small bowl of that with a bit of sweetener.

Orrrrrr I take some Fat Free Greek Yoghurt mixed with Sweetener and mix in frozen fruit. I bring that to work every day with me because I know that around 3pm I will need a sweet fix and I prefer this alternative to having more shredded wheat!

Hope the tea helps!

x x x

The tea helped :) well it got me through the afternoon anyway lol.

Tonights tea, was a nice comforting baked potato, with baked beans and L/F Cheese.

Now enjoying my WW Ginger and lemon cookies and a lovely coffee with skimmed milk!!

today is my 9th day on plan, and so far i havent gone off track once!!! :clap:

Helen xxx

Morning

Think I may have baked potato 2nite, nd 2 try reign in points 2day & 2moro, such a bad day yesterday!!

Have a gd day x

Back