It's a boy for kate and william

It must be infuriating for people who are not royalists you must be sick to the back teeth of it.

It must be like me when football is on and dominates whichever channel has won the rights to televise it at the expense of every other programmes. I get so fed up, but thousands of people enjoy it.

I suppose life is all about give and take and having understanding of other peoples pleasure, and you dear Princess Stevie, have loads of that.

Nice to "see" you, literally, you are looking so good...........well done !!! xxxx

Totally agree Sue!! It would be a very boring world if we all liked the same things. It is nice to see people enjoying this time, and lots of happy faces. And I must admit, a lovely new baby is a lot better than seeing tradgedy all over the news.

Thank you very much. You are always so kind. I love your posts - they are always light hearted and kind natured. That just about sums you up!! :) xxx

Someone told me something interesting the other day. Everyone is talking about this baby being king one day, and if all goes well, that will happen.

But just supposing. If Charles (heaven forbid, but just to speculate) should die before his mother, then the heir to the throne would not be William, it would be Prince Andrew. And after him it would be Princess Beatrice.

I am not sure - and haven't been able to confirm - if this is right. Does anyone know?

Someone told me something interesting the other day. Everyone is talking about this baby being king one day, and if all goes well, that will happen.

But just supposing. If Charles (heaven forbid, but just to speculate) should die before his mother, then the heir to the throne would not be William, it would be Prince Andrew. And after him it would be Princess Beatrice.

I am not sure - and haven't been able to confirm - if this is right. Does anyone know?

Heaven forbid !!!!

I found this................

[h=2]The Answer:[/h]Prince Andrew, younger brother of Prince Charles, is currently fourth in the line of succession; the primary line goes through Prince Charles and his descendants, making Charles's oldest son, Prince William, the next in line, should Charles die before Queen Elizabeth. William is followed by his younger brother Prince Henry, at least as long as William remains unmarried and childless. Then comes Prince Andrew, followed by Prince Andrew's children (5th and 6th place), followed by Andrew's younger brother Prince Edward, followed by Edward's daughter, followed by Charles's sister, Princess Anne, followed by her children.
If William has children within the bounds of wedlock, those children would follow him in the order of succession; they would then be followed by Henry, Henry's children (if any), and only then Prince Andrew.
In short, the line of succession goes to the first person in line, then that person's descendants; only after exhausting one branch does one go back up the family tree and down the next path. Within any given set of siblings, sons have precedence over daughters, and the elder has precedence over the younger.
You'll probably want to check out the line of succession on the official website of the Royal Family; you might cross-reference that with our royal family tree. We also have a complete list of the rulers of England and Great Britain

Read more: British Royal Succession | Infoplease.com British Royal Succession | Infoplease.com

Oh, no, don't give us questions like that, it's awful, I'm now racking my brains to about it.

Part of me thinks yes that must be so, well it would be actually because the heirdom wouldn't skip a generation, which it would do if Charles passed over before the queen & then William became king.

So let me think about this, Charles passes over, & the queen then follows, so the throne passes to.................. oh dear, now in a quandary.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease somebody help:(

Sue - thank you. It didn't seem right to me, but the person who told me was so certain about it that I began to wonder!! I will follow up that link - looks interesting.

And HappyHols - don't have a sleepless night over it! It's OK, I was wrong!!

Back