Jess' Journey

Another PP day down with no issues (food, that is).

Finished off the day with:

• L=1xlean mince burger & 1xsmall chicken breast, bit of onion, and chicken stock (1/2 cube)
  • Tea was nearly the same (I like my soups!) - 225g of prawns, other half of chicken stock, 1xtsp of cornflour and a bit of onion and fat-free fromage frais.
  • Ate my usual gallette for a snack right before my workout and I had a few spoonfuls of fat-free vanilla yogurt at some point.
Again, not very hungry but I did another hour of Zumba and 1/2 hour of yoga, so I know I need to eat.

Just away to fill in all my immigrations forms AGAIN (of course after I stop nosing around here ;)) and then put this day behind me. Here's hoping tomorrow's better (but at least I didn't go for my usual stress reliever - a glass of vino!). Hope you all had a great day!

Ready to battle the work day!

Morning all! Feeling much more at ease this morning and have decided to to just buckle down today (shutting down email & letting phone go to VM) to get my work stuff back on focus...:cross: There was too much drama yesterday (with both my employees AND my bosses.) To boot, I'm the only woman on our management team (IT is a very male-dominated field) and it makes it difficult to strike a good balance (being firm :whoopass: yet not being perceived as a b**ch). Its definitely a Man's World...

As I posted on board, I will be doing another PP day to plan for lunch out tomorrow. I'm also taking a day off from exercise - think I went a bit nuts last night at Zumba because I was so frustrated... my hips and thighs are KILLING me! I'm not even doing my yoga this morning I'm so sore. I've got my favourite class all week tomorrow a.m. (Step) and I want to be sure I can lift my leg up on the step!!

No plans yet for food - feeling uninspired and not out of boredom, but just not interested in food. Will consume calories just for energy, but not out of real hunger.

Scales still haven't moved (since Sunday it has fluctuated up and down about 1lb) but again, not really getting concerned. My waist is down .5 inch since Sunday (3 inches total, which is amazing!) I've been exercising nearly every day - I'm sure that's impacting my scale weight. I want to lose FAT, not WEIGHT... so I'm confident I'm doing that. Talk to me in a week though and it may be a different story!!! ;)

Great day to all!

I found that when there's a lot of stress and pressure, often the best thing to do is think, "To hell with it!", and just get on with things. Then the stress and pressure somehow lessens because you're no longer concentrating on it. That probably sounds daft, but seems to work.

Anyway, I hope that you get plenty done at work today and that there's a lot less drama.

I envy you your Zumba (and even your sore legs!) Unfortunately, there's not a class on at a convenient time near me. I'm hoping someone will start one in our local community hall before too long. In the meantime, I've just ordered Zumba Fitness for the Wii in order to give it a try. :)

Great news about those ever-decreasing measurements. Dukan seems to be the best diet, in my experience, for losing fat and keeping lean muscle tissue. I've never known a diet to actually change your shape to this extent. I think you'll be pleased with the results, Jess. :)

Sorry I missed the opening of your diary, and it's a lovely newsy, informative one too...

I found this breakdown for Activia yoghurts (is this the one you're having?)

Calories in Danone Activia Vanilla Yogurt and Nutrition Facts and Related Foods for Diet - Vico's custom "Dukan Diet"
That's a heck of a lot more sugar and carbs than in the Mullers, so definitely a no no...

Hi Joanne and thank you for the compliment! No, that's not the one I bought and I can't find it on that site. But funny enough I'm sitting here with my daughter who has been bequeathed the yogurts (me being safe) and the sugar is actually less the Mueller Vanilla (6.5 for Activia vs. 7.3 for the Mueller Light Vanilla). I'm good though - put a Vanilla one in the freezer and even though my daughter commandeered that one from me as well, I tasted it and its perfectly satisfying, so I'm good :)

Still working, I'm afraid... but thought I'd post food for today as I know once I get this work out, I'm heading to bed!!

Did a 2nd PP today as I'm going out for lunch manana, so nothing too exciting!:

B=1xegg, 2xegg whites, turkey, quark (only ate about 2/3)

L=same as yesterday... lean mince burger, 1xsmall chicken breast, 1/2 cube beef bouillion

D=250g prawns, 1/3 tin tuna, 1tsp cornstarch, 1/2 cube chicken bouillion, 1/2 small onion.

Snacks = probably one pot total of Mueller Light (vanilla & toffee - was just nipping at tubs); 1xgallette; handful of turkey strips; 2x wafter thin turkey ham

That's me for today. Did NO real exercise as my legs were shattered. Planning Yoga for 30 mins in a.m. and then 45 mins of Step, so I'll make up for it then ;).

Hope you all are doing well!

Weighing in

Just thought I'd post some stats re: weight loss as I had a quick start and have slowed down to a normal (?) rate. I always weighed on Fridays, but started Dukan on a Monday. I weighed today, but not huge movement and expected more esp with extra PP day this week and loads of workouts. Oh well - feel great anyway:

18/Apr - 202 Starting weight (but was bloated from a Chinese and also had Sushi all day before... loads of salt!)
19/Apr - 198.7 -4.3lbs
20/Apr - 195.7 -3.0lbs
21/Apr - 193.9 -1.8lbs
22/Apr - 191.2 - 2.7lbs (last day of Attack - lose 11.8lbs total!)
23/Apr - 190.8 -0.4lbs
24/Apr - 191.4 +0.8lbs ... stayed until
27/Apr - 193.3!! +1.9lbs Up again, but TOM.... stayed until
30/Apr - 190.1 -0.7 (from lowest prev)
1/May - 188 (whoopee!). - 2.1 Stayed around same +/- lb all week and then today...
6/May - 187.6 -0.4

So, not the greatest, but still keeping in line with my goal to lose 2/2.5lbs a week after attack.

Will check in again with this next week (or Monday if the scales shift with any significant number!!:cross:)

Did I understand right that you work in IT management? Thats quite cool, I work as a Senior ICT Support Technician in a secondary school. It is definately a male dominated area. I would so love to move up the ranks but at the moment I am struglling toget the enthusiam to study any more!

Glad to hear Dukan is going good for you. I have always been a great exerciser in the past but with Dukan I am just following the procedures of the walking. In the days I have been on it (since 20th April) I have lost 14lbs - a stone. Would you recommend Zumba to someone who has previously exercised hard at a gym and followed home based exercise DVDs?

Morning! Yes, I'm a IT Programme Manager and its rampant with testosterone (or geekness) to say the least :)! If you're interested, there's a group called "Girl Geeks" and its all about being a woman in IT. I'm not sure where you're located, but its regionally based so you can just do a search and probably find your local chapter. Its interesting stuff and I'm actually going to a seminar titled "Moving Beyond the Boys Club" which should be valueable (and probably up your street as well!)

RE: Zumba... LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! Even bought new "dance trainers" to help with my moves :) Its good too as it caters to different fitness levels - I'm there for my aerobic activity so I kick up quite a bit, but there are women in their 60's who go at a very comfortable pace. Its just loads of fun and how many times can you say that about exercise?? Plus, it can be a great workout.

Hello there, and loving your statistics... I see you too had a "pre diet feast" to set you on your way. Lovely!

Being a nosey person, I'm curious as to what brought you to wherever you are in Scotland (with an old house with wonky floors...)? And how it came about... (internet love? "victim" of that myself I dared ask!)

Hi Joanne! I'm what you'd call an "anglo-phile" in that I've always been attracted to the UK and subsequently British men (I blame it on my Duran Duran obsession at aged 11 :)).

This is actually my 3rd time living on this side of the pond:

1- Ireland and London right after University on my own

2 -English boyfriend who moved back to England (Cheddar!) with from NYC... bad move!

3 -This time with my Scottish husband who I met in Houston where he would be content to stay for the rest of his life... we had a child and it was me who insisted we move to Scotland and into my lovely old, wonky-floored house!! I absolutely love it here and haven't regretted in once in 4 years (and that's huge as I have FABULOUS friends back in the States... but that's what planes are for!)

How peculiar fancying British men! ;) My current is my first ever I think!!

<lowering voice to a whisper: but can you understand anything the Scots say? I admit to having troubles in that direction myself. We've a Glaswegian employee here - I concentrate very hard if she speaks to me!>

<lowering voice to a whisper: but can you understand anything the Scots say? I admit to having troubles in that direction myself. We've a Glaswegian employee here - I concentrate very hard if she speaks to me!>

I don't find them too difficult as I lived next door to the country for so long. But when they've had a few drinks...well, they may as well be speaking a different language. :eek:

Saturday 7-May

Just checking in as I've got quite a busy day - its my girlfriend's 40th birthday celebration (70's Disco Party) and I've got to go and set up at venue and then of course get in my fancy dress!

I was perfect on food yesterday... have done about 2.5 days of PP (last night's meal was 1st veg since Tuesday). I'm going to do PV until tomorrow and then I'm switching from 1/1. I'm going Mon-Thur PP and then Fri-Sun PV.

Friday Food
B = Quark, Cottage Cheese, turkey bits and 2x slices of lean ham; skim milk with coffee
L = Prawn, tsp cornflour, 1/2 cube chicken stock; and 1/2 small onion
Dinner = Dukandebut's Chicken stuffed w/Mushrooms (fine!)
Snacks = 1 x vanilla mueller light; 3x slices of roast beef w/bit of mustard, and oatbran gallette.

Did 45 mins of Step as well.

Was feeling a bit down in evening and felt like chucking it in, but I think its because I was just SO tired (up to 1am working nite before). I was rubbish at Step because my energy level was so low. I think I was just being lazy (wanting a Chinese take-away instead of cooking.) I was fine by the time I sat down to Tea.

Today's a bit better... scales moved again slightly. Did 40 mins of Wii exercise this a.m. and off to get mince & chicken so I'm fully prepared this afternoon and tomorrow. In the vein of honesty here, I will admit to all that I plan to have a couple of glasses of wine tonight to celebrate with my friend. I absolutely will not eat anything I'm not supposed to (she's only serving Stovies and Nachos at party!!!) but have decided to partake in a celebratory glass(es) of wine. I tested ketones this morning and I was bright red, so I'll just have to deal with the extra calories.

Am trying to resume motivation and dedication today and I'm better than this morning, but will need to work on it this weekend (maybe its just the weekend that gets me??)

Wish me luck and have a fabby weekend!

BE there are ketosix that you wee on, they change colour to show how far in ketosis you are. Not normally used on Dylan as he dosent mention it but common on other low carb diets.

BE there are ketosix that you wee on, they change colour to show how far in ketosis you are. Not normally used on Dylan as he dosent mention it but common on other low carb diets.

BE - its not the goal of Dukan to be in Ketosis, but I didn't know that when I bought the sticks! Its just one extra thing to make me feel like I'm moving forward. It took me a while to get there though as you'd imagine because we really do eat loads of carbs (oat bran, veggies, all the non-fat dairy).

I wouldn't make it a goal as it doesn't synch up totally with the goals of this diet.

Back