Jonsgirl's Atkins daily blah blah

Ooooo and somebody told me today I looked like I'd lost weight. - massive ego boost

Yep Susie I'm thrilled, I do feel like it's making a difference.

the scales this week are showing a sts up to now (official weigh in is not until Monday but I can't resist a sneaky peek mid week)

I'm hoping it's temporary due to the exercise and not something I've eaten.

Hi Toni,

thanks, I'm actually loving the shred now the pain has gone away. Of course that may change when I go up to level 2!

Morning all, how are you all doing today?

Yesterday felt good, I did the shred with no pain and was as clean and green as I am ever gonna get.

today we are going out into town to get the little ones school uniform and take him to the cinema to watch planes then take him out for tea.

normally this would mean a day of stuffing my face - loads of sweets, popcorn and fizzy drinks at cinema and then a massive tea - preferably something fried with a naughty pudding afterwards.

I can hear the warning sirens going off in my head DANGER DANGER DANGER - this will be a massive test for me.

wish me luck.

on a positive note I feel much leaned and tighter everywhere this morning. Thank you 30 day shred .

have a great day guys whatever you are up to x

It's good you recognise that today would be a trigger for you x sometimes just having that knowledge can help x x have a lovely day with little one x

Hi all just got back and sorted after a lovely day.

well my day basically went something like this:

breakfast: black coffee with sweetener.

lunch: from a range of not very Atkins friendly options I chose to go to......... Nando's - plain chicken breast, side salad, Caesar dressing and some grilled halloumi cheese. 1 coke zero. Was yummy and fairly good food wise I think.

Stopped at a cafe mid afternoon: 1 black coffee with sweetener and NO CAKE!

cinema: 1 giant bottle of water - not even tempted by little ones fizzy drink and sweeties.

tea: leftover chicken curry in egg wraps.

I'm not going to lie, i was bricking it this morning because I was so frightened of failing but I realise that this WOE is for life so I can't avoid these situations for ever.

Now I am So thrilled with myself hubby has practically had to scrape me off the ceiling. I could easily have been so naughty today but I just reminded myself that being slim and healthy will make me happy for the rest of my life whereas the pleasure from eating all the crap that I used to would make me happy for ten seconds max. Not worth it.

On another note I bought some coconut oil today - now can anyone tell me what I do with it?

Well done you! That is an achievement, great will power, go girl!

Coconut oil, cook a curry with it, make a sweet MIM with it, make chocolate 'bark' with it or teeney's Genache (on her thread recently) Yum!

Also, great moisturiser and hair mask. As per busy's advice, if you are using it as a mask, when washing it out, apply shampoo first, then rinse out (otherwise you'll look like a grease ball!).

Thanks.

only tried a mim once and thought it was bleurgh! Maybe a sweet one would be nicer. I love the thought of the ganache and bark though.

i'll just have to be strict with myself though or I'll eat the whole batch in one go.

Thanks,

I really enjoyed what I had. The strange thing is that normally if we went somewhere like that I'd have fries but actually I never enjoy them - I hate skinny chips. But I always order them because I feel like I'm missing out if I don't - what the hell is that all about????

Whenever I'm on low carb and I order a salad I always really love it but I'd never order it by choice if there were other options. I seriously need to look at my eating habits.

Anyway, hi ladies hope you are all well today?

Day at home for me today tackling the decorating so I will probably be near enough clean and green.

B: black coffee one sweetner.
l: probably bratwurst and eggs.
d: hmmm not sure yet probably chicken wrapped in bacon and a sf jelly and cream.

enough water to sink a battleship and I'll tackle the shred again later.
feeling good today!

have a lovely day ladies whatever you are doing x

I hate skinny chips. But I always order them because I feel like I'm missing out if I don't - what the hell is that all about???? Whenever I'm on low carb and I order a salad I always really love it but I'd never order it by choice if there were other options. I seriously need to look at my eating habits.

I'm the same - I order salad then look enviously at other peoples' plates!

I know it's madness isn't it.

Yep me too - Harley's sugar free in the sachets that you make up with water.

between 0.2 and 0.4g of carb for a portion (quarter of a pint) x

Morning jonsgirl, I hear you on the weird eating habits and eating the fries just because you didn't want to miss out. We have all done it at some point. Subscribed to your diary and enjoying it so far :)

Back