Jonsgirl's Atkins daily blah blah

Haha Toni, yeah I fry em in a deep fat fryer - I guess you could bake them in the oven too but I've never tried that and don't know how they'd turn out

they are really ugly aren't they meg - they look like something that's gone badly wrong x

Just popping by to say hello! Scuffed shoes on day one ggggrrrrrrrr! Kids! I got lil one patent leather in the hope they are harder to scuff! Bargain of the century with school blazer! Second hand school shop £25 :) immaculate! No such luck with the track-suit though, never mind!

Your fish cakes sound gorge, I have a couple of bags of prepared cauliflower I might have to give them a try :) x

Omg fish cakes and chips sound Devine x. What did you coat the cakes in??

I didn't coat them with anything this time - I just cooked some fish and prawns with a little bit of curry powder, added some cooked cauliflour and and egg and whizzed it in the food processor - then just shaped them into patties and fried in coconut oil.

i thought next time I would try coating them to give them more crunch - I have coated chicken in bashed up pork scratchings before and that worked well so might try that.

I've also seen a recipe where somebody coated something in coconut which looked nice but obviously that would be more carbs

I never would have thought about using pork scratchings to cover food, another on the to do list. Your food sounding yummy again x

Thanks meg I make kind of a southern fried chicken which is lush. Bash up a packed of scratchings or whizz them in a food processor, add whatever spices you want ( i do garlic and curry powder) then use beaten egg to make it stick to the meat/fish and bake in the oven - comes out like breadcrumbs and it's yummy. i usually have mine with egg wraps and loads of mayo x

The celery chips sound great how many carbs are they? X

The website where i got the recipe from said it was 4g for a 215g serving so It looks like its just under 2g per 100g. Celeriac isn't the lowest carb veg out there but I eat it regularly with no problem - just don't go too mad on it lol x

All sounding very tasty:). I love celeriac chips but also find them really filling now (unlike potato chips which I could eat forever- recently tested on hols oops!)

Yes I had quite a small portion about 150g max i reckon and I was stuffed - it's very filling.

i could probably eat about 5 times as many potato chips before I was full x

All sounding absolutely yummy, hun!

I've not had much success with celeriac chips baked in the oven - they shrink a lot but stay soggy - wonder if an actifry would be better? Am angling to buy my next gadget :D

Susie they are fab!!! Roasted med veg is yummy and the sausages are to die for!!!! Will try for celeriac now!! X

Hmmm don't know I did mine in a deep fat fryer and they were yummy! X

Hi all, hope you've all had a lovely day.

been out and about today. I'd travelled a 40 mile round trip and wasted nearly two hours to visit a guy who wasn't in so I was feeling a bit meh and needed to cheer myself up - normally this would mean copious amounts of cake. But I decided it wouldn't make me feel better and I should look at other ways to treat myself instead.

Since i was in hull with nothing to do I decided to have a mooch in town instead and ended up in holland and Barrett. Treated myself to some more coconut oil and some flax so I can try a mim bacon sandwich tomorrow - yay! Is it sad to be so excited about a simple bacon sandwich? probably but I don't care.

I also picked up some coconut flour as I have seen some interesting recipes using this and I fancy experimenting with some new things.

I'm so excited about all the lovely things I can make! Sooooo much better than carby cake.

back home, done the shred and now chilling out waiting for my tea to cook.

todays menu has been:

b: black coffee with one sweetner.
l: some ham.
d: chicken wrapped in bacon, stuffed mushroom, egg fried cauli rice.

Just weighed in and pleased to report I am 2 3/4 lbs down! Now under 13 stone for the first time in god knows how long!

I'm here doing a little dance I'm so thrilled.

Just weighed in and pleased to report I am 2 3/4 lbs down! Now under 13 stone for the first time in god knows how long!

I'm here doing a little dance I'm so thrilled.

Yippee :) well done! Not figured how I'm going to update the list yet...... May try adding a spreadsheet :)

Back