Jumping on the Slim and Save Band Wagon!

Day 9
Wake up: The usual caffeine fix x2
Breakfast: Oatmeal
Lunch: Cheesy Pasta with 100g broccoli, 100g zero noodles
Dinner: Cookies and Cream Shake
Snack: jelly, White Chocolate and Lemon bar - Really, REALLY did NOT like this! Found it horrible, synthetic tasting, just plain nasty! I still can taste the thing even after drinking my tea :-|
Will not be ordering that again that's for sure!
Water: 4557mls (WOWZERS!!)

Sneaky weigh in this morning and was 11 4 1/2 :-D
Not expecting it to stay that way as I'm due TOTM any day now (booooo!)

Today I cut down on the veg and noodles per meal as I just wasn't that hungry!

As explained in my 1st or 2nd entry, I make my packs up for the day in advance. Was supposed to have the mushroom soup with added mushrooms and the rest of the pasta tonight (swapped that round and had the curry noodle one instead yesterday), but had to dig through all 41 pre-made days to find another cookies and cream shake to have as I REALLY wanted that instead! I must order some more of them as spares.

On a lovely note I put on a dress that I had trouble with doing the zip up a few weeks ago - I turned to do up the zip and it was already up!!!! Could. Not. Believe. It! Made my day that did!

Can't believe tomorrow I will be in double figures of days since starting! It's gone so quickly! Roll on day 10!

That's really encouraging about the dress. I've got my eye on a few dresses I want to try on in a few weeks. It's great that you have been gay burning for 9 days, whereas I think I spent the first 5 burning off my last binge before I started!!! Sounding positive :) double digits here we come!

That's really encouraging about the dress. I've got my eye on a few dresses I want to try on in a few weeks. It's great that you have been gay burning for 9 days, whereas I think I spent the first 5 burning off my last binge before I started!!! Sounding positive :) double digits here we come!

I haven't been brave enough to look at new clothes lol! My OH has said I should start looking though! I did buy a dress a few weeks ago in a sale - it's a size 10-12 (some of my old clothes are a 12 and some fit again! My size 10's is a different story though!), which I'm using as my "progress" report! I still cannot do the zip up, however I can get it on me which I couldn't even do a few ago.

My partner met me when I was a size 8-10. So he has seen me at my best and at my biggest. I would like to be that girl again!

Roll on tomorrow! We are so close to our goal! It's great that we are so close in weight and am finding it great seeing your progress :)

Day 10
Wake up: The usual caffeine fix x2
Breakfast: Scrambled egg pack
Lunch: Chilli Con Carne pack with 150g zero rice
Dinner: Strawberry Shake - Pleasant tasting, with what appears to be flecks of red in it, but didn't mix well. And I pre stir the shakes with a fork prior to shaking! Don't usually mind lumps, but did in this.
Snack: Milk Choc Truffa - Absolutely freaking GORGEOUS! Glad it paid off ordering loads of these lol without trying 'em!
Water: 4516mls (getting the hang of this water lark!)

I've found it helps with my hunger if I eat more during the day, and have the "lighter" packs in the evening. So will be having a Shake as my 3rd pack, and maybe another or a bar as the fourth. Yesterday evening I was not hungry at all so figure that's what I'll do from now on.

Felt rather tired today - The insomnia then having to be up for at least 5am has obviously caught up with me! Went for nap around 2pm, didn't wake up until 5:30pm. My OH said he knew I needed the sleep and not to wake me. Bless.

Because I had my 2nd pack at 11:30, meant I didn't have my third until around 5:45pm. Ooooops. Not hungry anyway, but I know S&S say to "Space the packs nicely and evenly through the day and between 3-4 hour intervals". No Jelly or added veg today either! Will try to now limit/cut down greatly on the allowances and see if that speeds up my weight loss!

Weighed this morning and was at 11st 4 1/4 lbs. Really hoping I'll be in the 10's at some point next week! Have not had a chance to do any toning or strength exercises yet (I know, bad me). Will try to do some over the weekend.

Way to go - gotta love a day time nap when it's needed and possible!

Yes I am also staring longingly at my size 10s... On this plan I honestly think in a month we could be fitting into some of them!

Re. toning - it might sound a bit nutty but every time I need to go to the toilet I make myself do 25 squats first! And because you pee so much on this diet the squats mount up!!! I even do them in the cubicle at work haha. It's my little secret thing!!! But hopefully will help me have a nicer butt as the weight drops!!! Just an idea!! X

Way to go - gotta love a day time nap when it's needed and possible!

Yes I am also staring longingly at my size 10s... On this plan I honestly think in a month we could be fitting into some of them!

Re. toning - it might sound a bit nutty but every time I need to go to the toilet I make myself do 25 squats first! And because you pee so much on this diet the squats mount up!!! I even do them in the cubicle at work haha. It's my little secret thing!!! But hopefully will help me have a nicer butt as the weight drops!!! Just an idea!! X

lol Lara that's a great idea! Will be trying that from tomorrow! Yep thats the only downside about this - becoming a champion pee-er!

I'm hopeful of being able to be size 10 by next month too :-D Are you going to do the full 12 weeks or are you going to stop sooner if you reach goal? I'm undecided yet - 9st 4 is smack bang in the middle of my healthy range, so I'm tempted to do the full 12 weeks if I hit goal earlier x

Day 11

Wake up: The usual - Filter Coffee x2, Canderel Tablets x2
Breakfast: Porridge pack
Lunch: Cottage Pie pack, with 95g broccoli
Dinner: Toffee Shake pack - This was absolutely lovely! Am really loving all the shakes (Still refusing to try anything banana or cherry flavoured yet however lol!)
Snacks: Vanilla Almond and Choc bar - Another one that was absolutely blooming GORGEOUS!
Water: 4471mls EDIT: 5,039mls!!!!!!!

I enter my packs in my meal planner on S&S every morning so that I know where I am - turns out I was way under, so had to add the broccoli, hence why the added allowance today after saying I won't be adding any lol! Turns out the vanilla almond bar is only 109 cals - must get more of 'em and they're sooo yummy!

I have so much catching up to do with Uni work. Earlier this year I decided to do a degree in business and marketing. This with juggling work, my own business and a baby. As you guess I like keeping VERY busy. Why do I do this to myself?!

I think it was an escape mechanism to deal with the grief of loosing my mother - keeping busy helped.

Did some math last night. If I'm lucky enough to loose 3lbs a week, I should hopefully reach goal on the 17th December - a week before Christmas! What a nice pressie that would be! However it would mean refeed/maintenance that week only to probably put it all on the very next day, it being Christmas Day an all. Humph.

Decided now that I would probably go mad over Christmas & New Year, and have set a date for Jan 2nd to restart/fix the damage. Yep I'm a planner aheader.

TOTM started this morning with a day late but with a vengeance. However weighed myself today and I'm now 11 3 1/2! Sweet!

It's actually also my Birthday tomorrow. Still going to keep it a Simplicity Day though! Go Me! I am however going out on Monday for a belated birthday meal, but will be good and do a lifestyle day. Plenty of time to gorge when I'm slim lol!

Last edited:
lol Lara that's a great idea! Will be trying that from tomorrow! Yep thats the only downside about this - becoming a champion pee-er! I'm hopeful of being able to be size 10 by next month too :-D Are you going to do the full 12 weeks or are you going to stop sooner if you reach goal? I'm undecided yet - 9st 4 is smack bang in the middle of my healthy range, so I'm tempted to do the full 12 weeks if I hit goal earlier x

It's really no time at all when you think about it!

I have a few "must do" drinking occasions on 11th oct, 1st nov and 13th nov so have to have a semi- off day those day. I have 40 days worth of products so unless I manage to start intense exercise again by 1 nov I will do 40 days on 3 a day. I think when I weigh myself on 20th oct I will have a better idea... If the weight is really high I will probably have to stay on as long as possible!!! I would think you'd reach your goal far earlier than 12 weeks... How many weeks worth I packs do u have?

Oooooh it's your birthday tomorrow wooooo

I have 47 days worth of packs left lol! So 6 and a half weeks (by that time I would've been on it around 9 weeks! I guess I will reevaluate it on the begining of the 8th week :-D

I don't have anything planned coming up (other than in December), I just hope I can stick to it! x

Oooooh it's your birthday tomorrow wooooo

Lol yep - would be a nice present if I can get a lower number on the scales lol!

I have 47 days worth of packs left lol! So 6 and a half weeks (by that time I would've been on it around 9 weeks! I guess I will reevaluate it on the begining of the 8th week :-D I don't have anything planned coming up (other than in December), I just hope I can stick to it! x
Oh near enough the same as me (40days worth here)... Looking at my pics from 2 weeks ago makes me think I need to stay on this a lot longer than I thought!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Hi Lara! Thank you! Had a great day thanks! I really don't think we'll be on it for too long (or is that just wishful thinking lol?!). I'm loving the beauty of the super fast weight loss on VLCD's - Wish I knew about them before! I reckon in about a couple of weeks we'd be shocked at how far we've come - I'm kinda shocked now about the progress! Hope you had a great day - will be checking into your diary to see! x

Day 12

Breakfast: Scrambled Egg pack
Lunch: Chilli Con Carne with 95g Zero rice
Dinner: Cookies and Cream pack - All the shakes are lovely but this is my absolute fave. Made it into a cookie using sparking water and it worked!
Snacks: Another favourite, Honey Nougat bar
Water: 3,698mls

Well Happy Birthday to me! Weighed in today at 11st 2 1/2! So. Freaking. Close to the tens, I can taste it.

Had a lovely day with my boys, and also managed to pop out for some me time to buy myself a Birthday treat. Wanted to buy a new dress or some shoes. Instead I came home with a SLENDERTONE FLEX BELT!!!! LOL!!!! Read a lot about it on the Facebook group and how some used it alongside S&S with great results. Tried it this evening and yes it's a great accomplishment being able to do 150 sit-ups whilst lounging on the sofa watching Strictly. My OH was keen to have a go and he loves it. He is now going to use it too.

Spoke to my OH about our meal out tomorrow - I don't think I am ready to eat "real food yet. I want to wait until I reach goal and know I can eat what I want without worrying about being kicked out of Ketosis. I have been dieting now for a good few months, and have now got into such a good routine with S&S I just don't want to risk wrecking all my hard work. I'm also at that stage where I am not hungry and forgetting to eat! Luckily OH was supportive, and we will be (hopefully) going out and some point next month to celebrate my Birthday instead.

I feel relived that I'm sticking to Simplicity tomorrow! And really looking forward to day 13!

I agree once you're into the swing of things it seems wrong the go off course unless it's entirely necessary. So I think your done the right thing. Maybe you could try something new and non food related as a outing together? Dancing, bowling, films, shows, crazy golf? Just a thought as you still should have a bday outing or you could just do it nx month as you said. Glad you enjoyed the day and well done you're doing great... Excited to get where we wanna be!

I agree once you're into the swing of things it seems wrong the go off course unless it's entirely necessary. So I think your done the right thing. Maybe you could try something new and non food related as a outing together? Dancing, bowling, films, shows, crazy golf? Just a thought as you still should have a bday outing or you could just do it nx month as you said. Glad you enjoyed the day and well done you're doing great... Excited to get where we wanna be!

That's a great idea! It's just hard to plan a babysitter though :-( (no close family near by) however may look into tying a visit to my sister in London as she is always saying we should go down and that she will look after our boy whilst we go out for a few hours
:) Just a matter of when really. Thanks for the positivity also - I hope I'm doing ok. I know I'm being uber strict though and I'm finding it increasingly difficult to maintain what with so many temptations (ie: food!) about! x

Day 13

Breakfast: oatmeal pack
Lunch: Spaghetti bolognaise with 100g Zero noodles, 65g mushrooms
Dinner: Vanilla Ice Cream Shake
Snacks: Muesli Bar
Water: 4491mls
Weight: 11st 3
Somehow I manage to put on 1/2 a pound when I weighed today :-(
What gives? I did over 10,000 steps yesterday! I mean, REALLY???!!! The only thing I did differently yesterday was those steps and the Slendertone. Hmmmm...

Speaking of the Slendertone I've read up more on it, and have decided to do it 3 times a day for optimal results. Thankfully I work from home, so no bother and embarrassing situations. OH has also taken to doing this too remarkably. I have been doing program 2, intensity 60(!) for 25 minutes as this is the closest feeling I've found to doing "real" sit-ups. It is a really odd sensation, and I really do feel it! Will update to how I get on with that here too.

Still trying to catch up with Uni work - this module finishes at 11:59 tonight! So better get cracking!!!!

Day 14

Wake up: Only the one Filter Coffee!!! Canderel Tablets X1
Breakfast: Scrambled egg pack
Lunch: Spicy Spaghetti bolognaise with 90g Zero noodles
Dinner: Lemon yoghurt Shake
Snacks: Choc Truffa Bar
Water: 4,596mls (this might be my record so far)
Weight: 11st 2 1/2

Today I woke up feeling rough - really nauseous and really bad tummy cramps. There seems to be a nasty little bug going around. Luckily it's my last day of TOTM, otherwise I would've been like the antichrist.

Feeling a bit better in the evening though. Made sure I ate all my packs and drank tons of water - I think that really helped with my bad tummy.

Official weigh day tomorrow- I'm expecting to stay the same as today because I did absolutely nothing today, but I'm alright with that.

Going to try and have an early night as I have a work conference call with my colleagues tomorrow morning at 5:30am! Brill.

Day 15

Wake up: Filter Coffee x2 Canderel Tablets x2
Breakfast: Scrambled egg pack (bit of a pattern here emerging)
Lunch: Pasta Carbonara
Dinner: White Chocolate & Raspberry Shake
Snacks: Choc Praline Bar - Really nice, just like a Milky Way :-D
Water: 4501
Weight: 11st 2

So official weigh in today and lost that pesky half pound putting me at 11st 2 exactly. Total loss for the week - 3lbs 1/4, 7lbs 1/2 total so far. WELL happy with that! Over half a stone, can't ask for more really!

Tummy was still a bit dodgy this morning, but not as bad as yesterday.

I've got a good routine going with my packs - Breakfast pack, main meal pack for lunch, a shake for dinner and a bar with a cuppa in the evenings. Because I really don't fancy having soup (nowt wrong with them, have just preferred my meals this way), I've now got 40 odd packs of soup just languishing in a box. Trying to swap them for more shakes and bars on the forum. Fingers crossed!

Hoping for a whoosh and I really hope I reach the 10's soon on the scales! I feel like I've been in the 11's forever. When I first started dieting at 13 odd stone whilst doing a regular low carb diet, I couldn't wait to hit 12 and so on. I remember how ecstatic I was when I hit the 11's! Well that love affair is over now, bring on the 10's!!!

Day 16

Wake up: Filter Coffee x2 Canderel Tablets x2
Breakfast: Porridge pack
Lunch: Cottage pie pack
Dinner: Cookies & Cream shake :-D
Snacks: Dark Choc and Orange bar
Water: 3,943
Weight: 11st 1 3/4

So a 1/4lb down from yesterday. Really hope I crash into the 10's this week!

Tummy still felt a bit delicate this morning so took a day off from the slendertone.

I have just weighed myself again tonight and I am still 11 1 3/4 lol! Even with all the water, and with what I've eaten today! I hope it's a good sign that I will be lighter tomorrow as usually I'm between 1/4lb - 1lb down every morning lol!

Last edited:
Back