Jumping on the Slim and Save Band Wagon!

Day 17

Wake up: Filter Coffee x2 Canderel Tablets x2
Breakfast: Scrambled Egg pack
Lunch: Chili pack & 95g slim rice
Dinner: Caramel Shake - Did not like this one as much, might be better with coffee
Snacks: Muesli bar with a cuppa later this evening.
Water: So far 3498mls
Weight: 11st 0 3/4lbs

Whoop! A whole pound off overnight! Gotta love that!

Slendertoning again today - I think it does help to have a day off as I actually felt sore yesterday, however there are loads on the FB group that swear by doing it daily. I guess I will just listen to my body.

I was in Tesco's today to pick up some flavoured tea as I keep seeing people posting about how fab they are, and because I wanted a change from plain water: I bought the Buttermint (that supposed to taste like a melted murray mint!), Gingerbread and Caramelised Apple (which I've since found out is not allowed. Ah well, will save that for Christmas then!). Just had a cup of the Buttermint - its okay... Found it quite heavy on the peppermint, but it did smell just like a murray mint lol. Will try Gingerbread later.

I also decided (whilst looking longingly at the bacon and sausage aisle) that I will have a lifestyle day tomorrow and picked up some sausages that are allowed on plan :-D
I have to try and get over this new fear of food somehow and thought having a lifestyle day may help with not being so heavily reliant on these packs. I want to be able to start eating proper food once I've lost this weight, without fearing that I would just eat and eat. Hopefully, I'm just probably worrying too much.

Last edited:
Double post

Like a fool I just weighed myself and I'm 11st 4!!!!! I mean what the actual F??!!! Last night I was 11st 1 3/4 and knew that I would be lighter this morning which I was!!! The only thing I can think of is that I had slim rice today - hopefully it's only because their retaining all the water I drank???

Day 18

Breakfast: Vanilla Shake
Lunch: Mint Choc Shake
Dinner: 2x healthy choice tesco sausages, 100g broccoli, 150g swede & carrot mash with onion "gravy" (beef oxo cube, water and onions, reduced)
Snacks: Vanilla & Almond bar, cup of tea, 100ml semi skimmed milk
Water: 4451
Weight: 11st 1.8lbs :-| (Grrrrrrrr)

As suspected I somehow put on nearly 2lbs in the court of a day. I mean really. REALLY????!!!! Was well cheesed off for the rest of the day. Decided that I will do things a little differently today, and have a shake for breakfast and lunch. And go ahead and have a lifestyle dinner to make me feel better. And it did! IT WAS GORGEOUS. As dependant on the packs as I have become, it was so nice cooking and eating a "real" meal, and I am also proud that I managed to do it without going mental and cheating. Maybe I can control my portions. It really did give me confidence that maybe, just maybe I can survive after S&S.

I also just weighed myself again (I know - bad me), and I'm 11st 2lbs. It's looking like I *might* have a happier weigh in tomorrow month than today. Maybe I needed a change, and the dinner I had tonight may have shocked the system.

Slendertoned again three times today. Now on level 4, intensity 7! Really think it was a good purchase as I really do feel it working my muscles.

Trust me Sarah, it helps! :-D

Day 19

Breakfast: porridge
Lunch: Mushroom soup
Dinner: 2x healthy choice tesco sausages, 100g broccoli, 65g swede chips with onion "gravy"
Snacks: Milk Choc Truffa bar, cup of tea, 100ml semi skimmed milk
Water: on going - currently at 3180mls
Weight: 11st 1.2lbs :-|

I felt very ill today - extremely dizzy and sleepy. Felt like a bout of Labyrinthitis was coming on. Spent most of the day in bed.

Still cheesed off about not loosing much weight this week - I have not cheated and I weigh everything. Decided to have another lifestyle day before I loose it the plot completely and eat a bacon sarnie. I think the reason I'm so unhappy and grumpy is because I'm ill. Onwards to a new day tomorrow...

Day 20

Wake up: Filter Coffee x1 Canderel Tablets x1
Breakfast: Hot Caramel Shake with teaspoon instant coffee
Lunch: Spicy Spaghetti
Dinner: Lemon Yoghurt Shake
Snacks: Muesli bar, cup of tea, 50ml semi skimmed milk
Water: 5164mls (New Record for me I think!)
Weight: The same as yesterday :-|

As much as I enjoyed my Lifestyle days, I decided to go back to basics for the rest of the week and have the odd lifestyle weekend. I really do think that having a lifestyle day as a treat really stopped me from giving up. I also feel much better now after being so ill this past weekend.

I was very good with my water intake today, however this also meant tons of trips to the loo. I think there is something in the "More you drink, the more you shrink mantra" as even though I was hitting more than 3000mls the last few days (including what I put in my packs), when I was drinking more than that I had more weight loss. Hopefully I will be proved right tomorrow as I have gained and stayed the same for a few days now!

Even though the scales have not been moving downward, I decided to be brave and try one of my size 10 dresses - and it fitted. Just! My waist, bum and legs looked awesome, but there is still some work to do on my upper torso (arms, chest, back fat, and the flab between my boobs and arms iykwim!). But overall well happy that I seem to be heading in the right direction. So glad that I have lost inches even though the scales are not playing ball!

Day 21

Breakfast: Oatmeal pack
Lunch: Four cheese pasta
Dinner: Chocolate Caramel shake
Snacks: Mint Truffa bar, cup of tea, 50ml semi skimmed milk
Water: 5,069mls (New Record for me I think!)
Weight: 11st 1lbs (Humph)

Well even though my weight has not gone down, I am most definitely a size 12 and even those are starting to get looser :-D. My size 14's are way too big and are falling off me so may pack 'em or give them away. I guess a part of me is saying to keep them - I am hopeful I will keep the weight off, but there is that niggling doubt.

Official weigh in day tomorrow - really hoping I finally break through the 11's and into the 10's!

Excellent a size 10 fit! Bravo!!!! Now just to get it loosened up :) doing so well x

Aww thanks Lara! The last few days I've been feeling really down - I know I should be happier considering I've lost 9.5lbs in 3 weeks!

Lol the size 10 dress is my new progress dress! By this time next month hopefully it'll fit perfectly!

How are you feeling about the diet? Still positive? X

Aww thanks Lara! The last few days I've been feeling really down - I know I should be happier considering I've lost 9.5lbs in 3 weeks!

Lol the size 10 dress is my new progress dress! By this time next month hopefully it'll fit perfectly!

How are you feeling about the diet? Still positive? X

Yes I feel like I got my mojo back today, so I hope to pass it on to you too!! OK, fabulous. I have a dress I wore for my birthday in March, which did not zip up when I tried it on last Friday. Shall we pick a day of the week and try our dresses on that day and report back each week?!!! OR a day every 2 weeks, whatever works!

WE can get there... You aren't far from 25 bmi - my first goal is the 9s, then bmi 25, then goal of 9! Maybe make some mini goals like that (oh and one is to fit into the size 10s too for us!)x

That is a brilliant idea Lara! Yes lets do it! I don't mind what day to try on our progress dresses:) what suits you?

You are right - I must set mini goals! To get to the top end of perfect BMI for me is 10st 5lbs, (so another 8-9lbs off?) OK 1st goal - Get out of the 11's and into the 10's. 2nd Goal - Fit into size 10. 3rd Goal - Get a BMI of 25 or lower. 4th Goal - Hit 10st. 5th Goal - Hit anywhere between 9st-9.5st

Not asking for much am I lol!

Weighed into day and am 11st exactly, surely its only a matter of time lol! x

Yay love the new goals :) ans those are very realistic goals... You can achieve them, and best of all, it wont take that long! Maybe a Sunday would be a good day? End of the week and maybe more time to do so? Right so you could hit goal 1 in 4 weeks.. and actually in 4 weeks it is exactly when I set my deadline to achieve my goal 1 (be in the 9s!). 4 weeks is nothing really. Perhaps think of a good treat and get when you achieve each goal? I am thinking what goal 1s treat could be for me hmmm x

Thanks so much Lara! And for filling me up with positivity again
:-D
Hopefully they are achievable, but you are right: I needed to break it down to mini goals. It was starting to feel like I was drowning and the end was so far! Thanks once again for making me see the bigger picture.

Sunday's is great for me! Shall we start next Sunday? Gives us over a week headstart lol!

And yes, we will get there! Congrats on your losses too this week x

Day 22

Wake up: Filter Coffee X1 Canderel Tablets X1
Breakfast: Vanilla shake made into a cafe latte
Lunch: Cottage Pie & 200g swede "chips"
Dinner: White Choc & Raspberry shake
Snacks: Choc & Orange Truffa bar, cup of tea, 50ml semi skimmed milk
Water: 4,601
Weight: 11st exactly :-|

DAMN IT! Official weigh in and I'm 11st exactly. Still can't break the 10's! I am happy though, means I've lost 9.5lbs in 3 weeks. Can't complain really.

Now I will focus on my mini goals!

Thanks so much Lara! And for filling me up with positivity again :-D Hopefully they are achievable, but you are right: I needed to break it down to mini goals. It was starting to feel like I was drowning and the end was so far! Thanks once again for making me see the bigger picture. Sunday's is great for me! Shall we start next Sunday? Gives us over a week headstart lol! And yes, we will get there! Congrats on your losses too this week x

Ahh yay you sound much more positive. Yes let's do next Sunday!

It's a plan Lara! xx

Last edited:
Day 23

Breakfast: Hot Vanilla Shake with teaspoon instant coffee
Lunch: Mushroom Pasta pack
Dinner: Cookies & Cream Shake :D
Snacks: Muesli bar, cup of tea, 50ml semi skimmed milk
Water: 4576mls
Weight: OMG 10st 13 1/4lbs!!!!!!!

Finally, FINALLY(!) Broken through the 11's and into the 10's!

I thought I would be more happy than I am though: I am positive that tomorrow morning when I get on the scales again its going to flash up 11st again, I'm so used to it!!!!

On a nice note my OH was eyeing me up today, and when I was like "What you staring at?" He said my weight loss is super noticeable now and that I looked lovely! AWWWWW EH???!! Its only taken 2 stone and months of him watching me diet for him to say anything lol.

I do feel better, more comfortable and lighter too. I also looked at my arms today and even I can see that they are looking smaller
:D

Starting to think a lot now how I will maintain my weight, and what my plans are to do so. I looked at an online calculator and it said that to maintain weight at 9st I would need to eat no more than 1725 calories per day (this is being lightly active). I hope to start running again once I reach goal so would aim at no more than 1800 daily. Not too bad - I mean, those figures would mean a feast compared to the 650 cals I am taking in daily at now! I have learnt so much along this journey, and will put it to good use in order to maintain :)

P.S If anyone is interested, I used this calculator: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/how-many-calories-on-a-non-fast-day/

Last edited:
Yay!!! The 10s!!!

Haha so true why you said about 1700 seeming a feast on comparison to what we eat now!!

That's lovely you and the MR. are both noticing your hard work is paying off. Try not to get too caught up on the numbers too much, it's probably adding to your lack of joy at reaching the 10s, you've been longing for it so that now that it's here it's lost it's gleam a little.

We just have to remember that this method will work and the weight will come off. There is no questions about it! It's not IF it's WHEN! X

Day 24

Wake up: Filter Coffee X2 Canderel Tablets X1(!)
Breakfast: Scrambled Egg pack
Lunch: Spag Bol pack
Dinner: Strawberry Shake made into a mousse using S&S Mousse mix (turned out lumpy)
Snacks: Choc & Coconut bar (after all the rave reviews on this bar, I absolutely HATED it! And I've got another 3 of these hateful things left :-|), cup of tea, 50ml semi skimmed milk
Water: 4,984M&S
Weight: 10st 13lbs :-D

Get in there, managed to keep in the 10's! I think you are right Lara, will (try! lol) to stop obsessing about figures/numbers on scales, and concentrate on the positives - I feel good and am starting to look good again.

Next micro goal is to get to 10st 5lbs which would put me in the "normal" BMI range. Maybe I can hit that in a month (or less?) :)

I am also wearing the first "progress" dress today that I had at the start of this :-D it's a small size 12 (my other size 12 dresses are looser). I'm pleased as I couldn't even get my arms in it a few weeks ago!

Onwards and downwards!

Last edited:
Back