Last 7lbs!!!

So I've read a lot about 'magic porridge' so I put some in the fridge last night to have for my breakfast!! Well, it completely threw me!! That was my b choice out of the window!! :-( I must admit, it was nice and filling but I think I'll have it maybe once a week!
So breakfast - porridge (HEXB) muller toffee Greek yogurt (0.5 syns) banana (free)

It was a rather late breakfast and as I said it filled me up so just had a bag of skips this afternoon (4.5 syns)

Decided to have a red day so this was tea (2 syns for sausages and bread as second HEXB)

image-4215632593.jpg

So I still have 2 x HEXA and I've had 7 syns so far!! Usually have cheese as my HEXA's but might have a glass of milk later and a couple of Cadbury heroes!!
Also been to the gym and did 15 minutes on bike, 20 minute run and 10 minutes on stepper!

Good day!!!

Just had a brain wave- I was thinking about doing success express but know that I'd be terrible at the 2/3 superfree thing and that I'd cheat myself
So, I remembered ages ago seeing a 'diet plate' for portion control and thought mmmmm that could be an idea!
I googled it and got the gist! Seems that some other bright spark has thought of this and devised a SW plate and is flogging them!!

So, I'm going to try and get some porcelain paint pens and a plain plate and make my own!! I wonder where I'll get porcelain paint from tomorrow?! I'm too impatient and excited to wait for an internet delivery of pens !!

Woke up this morning and had a sneak peak on my scales (yes I'm a serial weigher- I can't help myself!) my scales are usually about a pound out from those at class (classes are a pound higher) my scales said 8'13 and 3/4!!!! Omg the 8's!!!! I have never ever ever in my life- well at least since I was 10/12 years old weighed 8 something!!!
If I'm 9 stone at class this week that'll be my stone award and my 10% so that's what I'm aiming for!! Would love to get into the next stone too though!!
So I'm super motivated again today to stay on track!! I'm a bit scared to eat loads of carbs today after having a red day yesterday so might have a success express day or maybe even a red day again!
I've started the day (after a lie in because I struggled to sleep last night) with a banana, apple and strawberry salad topped with a muller light Greek yogurt (0.5 syns) Definitely 2/3rds superfree.
Ooooo just thought, I was planning in having sausage casserole for tea but I'd have to count sausages as their maximum syn value (ie for green plan) so either I'll do a chicken curry or I'll reconsider the success express idea!!

Little pickers wear bigger knickers!!! Heard this the other day and keep saying it to myself every time I'm tempted to pick!!

NSV - I went and met a couple of friends this afternoon in the pub! They were eating and I popped in for a drink! I was offered lots of food and didn't have any- I'm determined this week!!

I didn't make it to the gym! :-( I had to go suitcase shopping for our holiday and managed to find suitcases reduced from £169 to £55 - not only that but they were BOGOF!! I'm so happy!! I had to call over the sales guy and check I wasn't wrong!! Oooo I love a bargain!!

Also found mayflower curry sauce and as I've had no syns today- that's currently cooking for for tea! With chicken, peppers, celery and mushrooms! Will post a pic! It smells gorgeous!!

Sausage casserole also cooking to take into work tomorrow- on afternoons so I'm being prepared for the next 3 days!

image-703011903.jpg

This was tea!! Tasted much nicer than it looks!!!

Still only had 5 syns today and 1/2 HEXB and no HEXA so there's scope for something else to snack on if I'm hungry later!!

Just discovered on sw website that we sausages are 0.5 syns not 1 syn each!! Bonus! That means I'm a syn lower on my 'grill up' that I made the other day!
I've also made 2 portions of sausage casserole for work this week with 3 sausages in each portion which is obviously 1.5syns! Now just to work out the syns for the casserole mix.

Ah thats brilliant determination to be be good and an awesome bargain, sounds like a fab day!

Thanks abi!!! I've got a confession to make.... I just realised whilst trying hard to drift off that I hadn't had my healthy hex a so I went to the kitchen to pour a glass of milk to take with a herbal sleeping tablet because I'm really struggling to sleep (OH has been on nights the last 3 nights and I always struggle to sleep when he's not here) ........ As I walked through the dining room, 2 Cadbury miniature heroes threw themselves at me, unwrapped themselves and jumped up into my mouth!!!!
Much like your biscuits- why on earth are they out in a pretty little glass dish on display?? They're coming to work with me tomorrow for anyone but me to eat!!

Hi steph1212,

I have just signed up to minimins after reading through the forums for ages! Your posts are really interesting and inspiring, well done! It sounds like you are doing really well and obviously your upcoming holiday is a great motivation for you.

Keep it up and keep posting! :)

Becky xx

Hi Becky- aw thanks!!
I'm really trying this week but I'm really scared that I'm becoming a little bit obsessed!! I've literally been sat reading threads/checking out syn values since I got weighed in Thursday! I think it's because I feel like its week 1 again after a couple of weeks over Christmas where I wasn't 100% on plan!
How long have you been doing sw for? When's your weigh in??

Haha I could literally have written that post! Esp the bit about obsessing and reading EVERY thread and syn value!! But as much as it drives my family crazy, I find reading it all really motivating and inspiring. It's always nice to read about people with similar stories.

This is my 4th time attempting SW over the years, although I haven't got a lot to lose, but I do find it v difficult as I am very much an all or nothing gal with my food and drink! I briefly rejoined in September but quickly fell off again after squeezing into my Xmas party frock! Before that I reached 9st5lbs in March last year, which, at the time, was 1lb off target (why?!) but fell off again after my 30th birthday.

I think I now realise that SW is a way of life not a quick fix and if I revert back to old ways, I will be back to square one.

Weigh-in's Thursday so am hoping I still have plenty of time left!! xx

Oooo we're so similar! My mum has come outright and told me I'm obsessed! I tried to get a friend if mine to join and she said I was 'too intense' hahahahahaha!! I still laugh about it now!!
Ok, so all my friends have lovely little ones to keep themselves busy and I have minis!!
My weigh in is Thursday too!! And we must be a similar weight too. I'm 30 this year so my probably only realistic achievement (that I've not already achieved) for my '30th bucket list' is to get to target!!
X

That's a great target for your bucket list, you can do it!!

Haha glad I found your thread, we can be intense at SW together lol! ;)

You sound like you are more on course than me for a loss this week with your food diaries. I have been very determined during the days - made a lush minced beef hotpot for tea yesterday which was packed with veg and served with frylight garlic and rosemary roasties, had it for tea tonight again with more veg and SW chips, fruit salad for brekkie and tinned spaghetti for lunch, I even made a tomato and veg soup in slow cooker using a recipe on here for lunch tmw and work lunches this week. BUT come the evenings, I find it really hard not to reach for the choccies and snack grrrr!xx

We'll call it 'being intense, you know it makes sense'!!

Your food sounds lovely- especially the hot pot roasties - what do you put in as a sauce base? I might try one in the slow cooker this week!!

I used to be able to take or leave chocolate and couldn't resist sweets. Haribo, wine gums etc! Just loved them!! Now I find I don't eat them because I'd easily eat the whole bag! I do however have a new found love for chocolate which is irritating!

I was going to do hotpot in slow cooker but in end, let it simmer in pan for about an hour while roasties cooked. For hotpot sauce I used one of those Knorr Rich Beef Stock pots, 4tbsp tom puree, a tin of chopped toms, onions, carrots, peas, garlic. Was v yummy!! Roasties were just parboiled pots sprayed with frylight and sprinkled with garlic and rosemary from next door's garden!

Yeah, I'm the same, chocolate is much harder than sweets for me but it always has been grr!

But I shall remember your motto: 'little pickers wear big knickers' oh and also 'being intense, you know it makes sense'! You should write SW taglines lol!!!;)xx

Oooo Hotpot definitely on the list for next weeks food! Thank you!

At least the plan allows for syns for chocolate and naughty things! I've had a little bit of chocolate every day this week!

Sw tag lines- yes!! Maybe I'll try and think if one a day!!
Today's will definitely be....
Sleepless nights lead to fridge raiding frights!!! -

Were having a food amnesty at our group this week and half of mine is already bagged up and ready to go, Im even tempted to take it to my consultants class tonight so Im not tempted by it. I apparently have no will power this week! Ive even just nicked a quarter slice of white toast off the bairns breakfast. Im a horrible person haha.

What a great idea!! Will the food all then be taken to a food bank or something?? It's a really good idea to get people back on track!!

Well it's an awkward day (time wise) for work so thankfully I've prepared food to take in for my break. Now just to decide what to have before I go in!!
The weather is horrendous and I really wish I'd prepared some homemade soups!!

Bulk cook a soup or casserole and freeze it in individual portions so you can grab one whenever you fancy it :)

The food goes to whoever your group or consultant chooses. It could be a local hospital/ childrens hospital, hospice, food bank, homeless shelter, soup kitchen. Basically it will go to people who will REALLY appreciate it and for who chocolate is a luxury not something to be avoided.

We do it at easter too, that way you dont feel like youre being ungrateful to whoever has bought you the item, youre sticking to plan and youre doing a good deed.

You could also think about donating all of your clothes that are too big now we're all skinny minis ;)

Back