laurenporkchop's food diary

I'm going to my Ma and Pa's for tea tonight and I think they're doing chicken tikka masala, with rice. I've checked out the sauce they usually use, and for my portion it will be 5 syns. No doubt there will be naan bread (argh!) but I will try and resist.

So food for today is:

Breakfast: Alpen bar (HEB), apple

Luncheons : Leftover tea - sweet potato, mushrooms, peppers and onions - with some salad (lettuce, cabbage, carrot) and some LC Light Cheese triangles (HEA).

Dinner - chicken tikka masala and rice (5 syns)

Snacks - other Alpen bar (HEB), FF Strawberry jelly (0.5 syns)

So 5.5 syns if I can resist the naan bread. If not, I'll put my full syn allowance down because let's face it, I'm not only just going to be having a nibble... once I start eating bread, I don't stop!!

Lauren
xx

I might need to get some chocolate philly then! I had a SW curry last week and made some garlic bread with my HEb, lurpack lightest and garlic. It was no where near as good as naan bread but it meant i didnt feel too left out when Paul was munching on a naan bread the side of his forearm...

The crisps I usually have on SW which are low syns are... space raiders, velvet crunch, skips which are all about 4 syns. I also bought some pom bear crisps which I think are the same syns but they weren't that great. Some low cal crisps are very plain and like you said, like cardboard but these are all lovely x

Thank you crisp expert :) I didn't realise space raiders were low in syns, I'm definitely going to get some.

I don't really like pom bears, I like my crisps to be very full of flavour (like flaming hot monster munch or chilli heatwave doritos yes please!) and they always seem a bit... weedy?

ach, now I want some crisps...

Lauren
xx

I might need to get some chocolate philly then! I had a SW curry last week and made some garlic bread with my HEb, lurpack lightest and garlic. It was no where near as good as naan bread but it meant i didnt feel too left out when Paul was munching on a naan bread the side of his forearm...

Get some, you won't regret it! Although you may want to eat the whole thing...

Good call with the garlic bread idea. I have some little wholemeal rolls and some pittas at home so might do one of them instead of naan.

I'm also going to attempt the pizza idea we discussed, for Thursday nights tea... With some SW wedges as well. Yum.

Lauren
xx

here to stalk honey ;) i LOVE LOVE LOVEEEE the chocolate phili too! had to buy the mini tubs to stop myself sitting and eating the big tub with a spoon! :p

here to stalk honey ;) i LOVE LOVE LOVEEEE the chocolate phili too! had to buy the mini tubs to stop myself sitting and eating the big tub with a spoon! :p

Love it!
I may have to do that. I had my portion from the big tub last night and then just wandered over the the fridge and suddenly it was open and I was contemplating just eating the whole thing!
How many grams are the small tubs? They sounds like they are more suitable to me and my chocolate ways!

xx

Love it!
I may have to do that. I had my portion from the big tub last night and then just wandered over the the fridge and suddenly it was open and I was contemplating just eating the whole thing!
How many grams are the small tubs? They sounds like they are more suitable to me and my chocolate ways!

xx

30g each so there is more than enough for a couple of slices of toast.. or if like me, you like to just eat it on it's own! must stop doing that haha, naughty!! not bad at 4.5 syns for a pre-measured portion too, i couldn't trust myself with the big tub, even though it's better value xxx

Aw Fab! I'm glad you like it. Some of my friends thought it was an acquired taste but as you know I absolutely love it!! I'm going to have to go and purchase some Quark and make some tomorrow :)

Have a nice evening!
xx

Hi Lauren

Had another one of those chocolate mousses last night think I may be getting slightly addicted, also my Mam and Sister like them too, so need to make extra when they're having dinner with me. But good news is it stops me from being able to eat it all in one go, lol.

Sarah xx

/7000000000000Okay so last night I resisted the naan bread and took my own pi p0[;'''''tta to have. It hit the spot but it just wasn't as good as naan, of course! T7
444444444444444444444444444444p[';i999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999/he pittas I got were 100 carlories, and they don't count for any HEB or anything, so it was another 5 syns for that.

Thursday's total was 10.5 syns

I have had such a good day today

Hahaha I am just going to have to post this like it is.... this is the result of my cat Lance walking on the laptop for a cuddle. What a noob!!

So the general gist of the post was... no naan... 10.5 syns for Weds and I've had a good day today!! :rolleyes:

I'll tell you why... To help me develop in my job I've started to study for my CIPD in HR practices and I was at a hotel near Leeds today on my first workshop. I was so so nervous and was worrying I wouldn't be HR-y enough or that I wouldn't know anything and argh!! new people! what if they don't like me?

But, it went so so well and I'm feeling really positive about it!! I will be with the same people for 10 months on the workshops, and they were all so nice, so I'm loving it. It's very intense but it'll be so worth it.

Now.. the important bit... lunch

oh. my. goodness

It was AMAZING.

Full on all you can eat buffet, sides of salmon, sizzling fahita platters, rice, wraps, dips, salad bar, fruit bar, cake, sweets, potato wedges, jacket potatoes... you name it! I was spoilt for choice really. I went with a chicken salad, it was lovely. You just helped yourself so I got to pick all the things I liked. Yum!

I had a bit of cheese and some grapes as a pudding, which was naughty but the cheese board was calling to me! I didn't have much though! ;)

At the afternoon break, we went back to the 'Conference Cafe' as they called it, and there was a 'tuckshop' set out. Just jars and jars of jelly sweeties, biscuits, chocolate raisins... everything! I managed to resist the biccies, but had a few sour cherries and some chocolate raisins and they were lovely.

They also had huge help yourself fruit baskets so I had an apple and an orange as well.

So.... not too bad a day really. I'm glad I made a healthy choice with lunch (minus the cheese!) and the sweets in the avo really helped with the classic afternoon training course slump!

Tea tonight was already planned... my boyf made pizzas on pitta bread and SW wedges, with a big salad.
I had one pitta bread pizza, but felt like I had more because we cut it up into slices. My portion would have had 42g light cheese, loadsa mushroom and onion. They were delish, we will deffos make again. :D

If it hasn't been for the buffet food and sweets I would have been well within my syn limit but I reckon I went a bit over with the choc raisins!! oh well, I enjoyed every minute of it :)

Tomorrow we both have a day off, so I think we're going to have a trip to the coast... now I just need to resist the fish and chips!!!

Lauren
xxxx

Mmmm, buffet sounds brilliant! Well done you for being so good. Nice to see you're not beating yourself for a having a couple of treats though - the way I try to think of it if I do something like that is, well, I'm eating a whole lot less than I would in the same situation before I started SW so it's all good! :D

Hahahahha at lance! What a sausage!
My cat slash does exactly the bloody same though...

image-3983175805.jpg

Little buggger!

Sounds like you've had a top day! Good luck with all the rest of your workshops and have a lovleh day tomorrow! I wanna go to the sea! xxx

Hahahahha at lance! What a sausage!
My cat slash does exactly the bloody same though...

View attachment 27990

Little buggger!

Sounds like you've had a top day! Good luck with all the rest of your workshops and have a lovleh day tomorrow! I wanna go to the sea! xxx

He's a pesty lil thing but I love him!

Thank you!

Day didn't go quite according to plan due to a big gas leak/cut off thing in our street but it was a productive day as I got a lot of tidying done!!

Scarborough shall have to wait... :(

Lauren
xx

Attachments

• 225253_10150173068127842_507462841_6832030_571668_n.jpg
    225253_10150173068127842_507462841_6832030_571668_n.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 24
  • SDC14891.jpg
    SDC14891.jpg
    488.9 KB · Views: 27
Mmmm, buffet sounds brilliant! Well done you for being so good. Nice to see you're not beating yourself for a having a couple of treats though - the way I try to think of it if I do something like that is, well, I'm eating a whole lot less than I would in the same situation before I started SW so it's all good! :D

Thank you hun! I seem to be encountering a lot of buffets recently!! Before SW, I would have gone mad on the tuckshop and would have been slamming them fahitas and potato wedges and cake on my plate, so I must have made some changes which makes me happy :)

xx

Wow that buffet sounds amazing! How you managed to choose salad with all the other tasty choices, I don't know but go you! Have a lovely day tomorrow :) x

Thank you lovely! Not sure how I did it either, but the choc raisins helped haha!
xx

Wooh it's Friday!

As previously mentioned, I had today off work with the boyf and we planned to go to the coast (Scarborough) to play in the arcades, win some tacky teddies and play on the beach.

Oh it all started so well! We got up early and we're cooking some brekkie... a very SW friendly beans, mushrooms and potatoes.

I had a lil go at my boyf for switching the hob off when I was heating up my beans but then we realised that the gas had gone off completely. Grr. :mad:

Quick call to British Gas and they established that it was an 'emergency' so sent out the National Grid people to check out our property. Turns out some workmen down the street had cut through some pipe things and cut off the whole streets gas supply. Grr! We had to stay in all day as they had to get it sorted, get the gas back on, check all of our appliances and that our house was safe and then hook it all back up.

So today has been a tidy the house day, which has been very productive but not what I planned at all. Oh dear!

So because the food was still cold for breakfast, I had to have something different. Today has been very bready which is not good!

Breakfast : 1 and a half slices of wholemeal bread (HEB) with some marmalade (1.5 syns)

Luncheons : We don't own a microwave and were quite limited without a cooker so I ended up having a bowl of cereal. Argh! (6 syns) + milk (HEA)

Dinner : I had my most fave dinner ever, linguine pasta, prawns, spinach, chilli and garlic. YUM! I also had a small wholemeal roll (6 syns) as well with some reduced fat sour cream dip (2 syns)

So 15.5 syns for the day.... Eek. Best not have that pudding I was planning!!
Although if I had gone to the coast I may have been swayed by fish and chips so.... swings and roundabouts :):)
Lauren
xx

Aww, sorry to hear your day was ruined :( I hate when something happens and you have to stay in all day!

Well done for sticking to plan though. I've just kind of ruined mine today - it's Friday and I've had a bad day at work so I allowed myself some chocolate which took e to 24 syns! :eek: Oh well, I enjoyed it and I've been good all week! :)

Back