Letzes' Diary

Well done! a kg is great! Only 7 left to go and you're at target :) xx

Better than expected...

Hello all, so the day went better than expected. I went to the gym in the morning and then to my friend's house in the afternoon. We went to the charity dinner together and there they accepted to change my mac and cheese for vegetarian fettuccine (which in fact looked much better). Here is my diary:

Breakfast: Coffee / 2 Tostis + Hummus + Alfalfa / 1/4 Pear.

Lunch: Chicken Dough Pie (recipe below because it's awesome and perfect for a low carb meal).

Snack: 1 Apple (yes, I was brave enough to deny things my friend offered me and accepted an apple).

Dinner: Vegetarian Fettuccine + Parmesan (it was delicious).

Now, the pie's recipe :)

Chicken Dough Pie
1/2 cup shredded chicken (cook as you prefer)
1 cup cooked broccoli or cauliflower (I did it twice and both times with broccoli - if you cook in the microwave, without water, you then need 3 tbsp water for the dough, but if you cook in water, it will already be moist)
2 tbsp diced onion
Seasoning (I use a homemade salt and herbs seasoning + pepper)

Throw everything in a food processor and wait until it becomes a dough - soft and all mixed, but still not really like a cake dough. Open (bottom and sides) 3/4 of the dough in a recipient that can go to the oven, throw whatever you want as a filling (I use diced cherry tomatoes + corn + Laughing Cow Light Edge) and then cover with the rest of the dough. I wouldn't put more meat for filling, some veggies and cheese would be better. Then let it in the oven for around 18-20 minutes on medium heat. I sprinkled some paprika over the pie to give it a better colour.

Here is a picture of my own pie:
DSC_0462.JPG

I was not brave and weigh in this morning - though Saturday was good, I don't like the fact that I have no idea about what were all the ingredients of the Fettuccine (I have to change that and just accept that I can't control everything when eating out). Anyway, no gains, in fact, there was a loss :D Perhaps consequence of the gym and also the fact that I came back to thermolytics after cycling off for a month.

I will do some tweaks for my groceries this week, such as buying more fruits and replace the store-made and perhaps plenty of fat hummus for low-fat fromage (I hope I liked it) and 2% yogurt for 0%.

Ah, yesterday we also had some luck games as part of the charity and I told my friend I'd like to win a kitchen scale. I had no idea if they had one as a prize. Coincidentally, she won it and gave to me :) Now I can be better at measuring things and might even give SW a try. It just annoys me that I can't find lots of the ingredients here - for instance, there is not such a thing as FryLight and I'm getting used to use just water to cook. I also won some cookbooks, all in Dutch - so I'll practice my very limited Dutch sometimes.

ohh the pie looks nicw and well done on your loss and your prizes you won x x

Hello people,

Finally ran out of groceries and will buy more things tomorrow. The food today was good :)

Breakfast: Coffee / Tostis + Hummus + Alfalfa / Pear.

Lunch: Chicken with Curry Sauce / Basmati Rice / Cauliflower.

Snack: Yogurt 2% + Blueberries

Dinner: Chicken Fillet / Big Salad as usual / Canned Corn.

Snack: Banana with Cinnamon.

After going to the gym for more than a week without skipping a day, I took a break today, but walked a lot around the city.

A great new week to everybody!

Hi sweetie

Well done on 'winning' the scales, and making some excellent food choices when you were out, that's fab!

Re Frylight, I think you could be just as well off using an olive oil spray - I try not to remind myself that Frylight is full of chemicals! :eek:. If you go easy on the spraying, you should be able to contain the cals?

Unfortunately, the fromage 0% seems not to be for me. I was expecting something more cheesy and not so yogurt like, my mistake. I'll try to find some recipes to use it as the calcium amount is pretty good, but for breakfast nevermore :/

Use it for a pasta sauce?

I love home made f/f greek yogurt - I make yogurt then strain through a coffee filter and yum!

Sorry you didn't like it! I eat loads of it as it's rich in protein and low in fat so very filling and the calcium is a great plus! Sorry you didn't enjoy it though.

Well done on a great weekend, I'm glad you enjoyed the social event. I hope it gives you confidence to go out more often :)

As for frylight you can't get that in France either. I invested in a heavy based non-stick frying pan so find I don't need any oil/frylight at all when cooking.

Sorry you didn't like it! I eat loads of it as it's rich in protein and low in fat so very filling and the calcium is a great plus! Sorry you didn't enjoy it though.

Well done on a great weekend, I'm glad you enjoyed the social event. I hope it gives you confidence to go out more often :)

As for frylight you can't get that in France either. I invested in a heavy based non-stick frying pan so find I don't need any oil/frylight at all when cooking.

Nah, you don't need to be sorry, it was a good suggestion in terms of ingredients. I'm going to use it for recipes or might even try something sweet. The problem was my mistake in thinking that it was cheese -- when I saw the pictures, it reminded of a kind of cheese that we have in my home country.

I also bought a non-stick frying pan, though it's not really a good quality pan. It works well for me :) Might be even better than using FryLight as Susie mentioned that it's plenty of chemicals.

A bittersweet day

So, today, as the title says, was a bittersweet day. Food-wise it was terrible, none of my plans went well and I ended up having almost the same thing for lunch and dinner after failing at cooking something better. Moreover, I'm craving a pizza and might buy one soon and spoil my diet. I tried to cook a pizza dough with two ingredients for dinner, but it was a failure and by the time I realised that, I was super hungry. On the other hand, I went to the gym TWICE, I've never thought this words would come out of my mouth hahaha.

Breakfast: 2 Tostis + Fromage 0% + Alfalfa (the nevermore combination) / 1/2 pear / Coffee.

Lunch: Canned Tuna + Pumpkin / Salad as usual.

Snack: 1/2 Pear.

Dinner: Canned Tuna + Corn / Salad as usual.

Snack: Bananas with Cinnamon.

letzes bless not a great for you hopefully tomorrow will be better love x x

letzes bless not a great for you hopefully tomorrow will be better love x x

Thanks chezz! It will be! I'm planning for tomorrow and will make sure it's going to be better :)

I have just found a website which says that cravings have meaning and guess what craving a pizza means!? That your body needs calcium! I'll also make sure that I am plenty of calcium tomorrow and maybe my craving will pass!

Check it out for more information about cravings :D

wow thats amazing hun in your early posts you was only saying about your calcium just shows you x

Today was pretty good, but I felt kind of hungry the whole day, might be some body change / regulation. Ah, I was successful in getting the right amount of calcium today :D

Breakfast: Coffee / Frittata (Egg + Broccoli + Corn + Cherry Tomatoes) / Laughing Cow Light Wedge.

Snack: Hot Chocolate (Skimmed Milk + Plenty of Sugar Delicious Chocolate Powder).

Lunch: Chicken Breast + Corn / Big Salad.

Snack: Banana.

Dinner: Mushroom Soup (with fromage 0%) / Wholewheat Bread / Light Gouda Cheese (ahhh cheese!).

Soon to be Snack: Banana + Cinnamon (I usually microwaved them for a minute and it's delicious).

See, I ate a lot! Even so didn't get even 1400 calories! I plan to stay around 1200 - 1500 calories on normal days, as my daily consume is estimated in around 2000 and I usually go to the gym for aerobics and weight-lifting at least 4 times per week. Even so counting calories is pretty frustrating sometimes, for this reason I fancy trying SW and all its free food, but I think I could go wild with fruits, as I learned how to love them! Past me would spend weeks and months without eating a single piece of fruit.

I hope you girls had a wonderful day!

Last edited:
It's weird on SW but my appetite has really changed and shrunk - I reach for an apple now, not a Hifi bar (well, most of the time :rolleyes:).

Give it a go hun - Shelley and the others are a shining example of how well SW can work, and I'm trying to copy them :D

susie as done great x

Back