Letzes' Diary

:eek: Thanks all, blush!

Come and join us, Letzes! If nothing else, the shiny badges are great fun :D.

But seriously, I have tried every diet under the sun and this is the only one that a) I've stuck to (because it's easy and you're never hungry) and b) it works.

Sxx

You are all great examples and one of the reasons why I'd like to try. Unfortunately, there isn't lots of material about SW online (perhaps due to copyright issues) and I live on a student budget (I'm a PhD student with a scholarship).
Anyway, I can always get tips here and incorporate to my own style, what I liked the most about SW is how it's more about the quality of what you eat.

I found a super nice diary today about calorie counting as well.

But, I just came to moan how it's such a LAZY day! I'm fighting myself to go to the gym and then do some work! I always feel super lazy after finishing a big chunk of work.

Girls, I'm officially 12 sizes smaller than when I started dieting :D

Now I don't have to go to the plus size section nor buy the biggest size in the normal section! I can even buy things from the Clockwork collection from C&A (which is more limited than the other collections). I'm also officially poorer as I bought some dresses, t-shirts to go to the gym and pajamas. Unfortunately, I never find tops that suit my style here, they are either too formal or too young and with too short sleeves or long sleeves. But I'm really in need of clothes, can you believe that I'm still wearing the clothes that I had before!? So, they kind of fluctuate around make. I have a three days conference in Norway by the first week of May and I don't really want to go with baggy clothes!

Of course I tried lots of clothes -- I was always getting the larger sizes before realising that I was smaller -- and the drawback is that I could pay lots of attention to my super loose skin -- but ok, it's a fair price for AGES of morbid obesity.

Anyway, just want to share this moment :)

I'll come back later with my menu!

Fab news on the clothes sizes :clap:

Shopping is so much fun but tricky to find / know what suits our new shapes. Plus I have to allow for hiding saggy bit - especially my bingo wings!

Hahaha, I call them my planning squirrel wings, one day they will allow me to fly like the squirrels! Even so I bought sleeveless dresses, but I intend to use them with a jacket :)

Concluding the day, food was pretty good! I was almost skipping dinner and just having the snack, but them remembered that I don't want to reduce my calories intake, but to increase it up to 1500 -- which might be a healthy amount.

Breakfast: Wholewheat Bread / Laughing Cow Light Wedge / Alfalfa / Coffee.

Snack: Banana (half after and half before gym).

Lunch: Risotto (Basmati Rice + Broccoli + Fromage 0% + Corn + Mushrooms + Onions).

Snack: Greek Yogurt 0% + Blueberries.

Dinner: A Mixed Chicken Creation (Chicken Breast + Cauliflower + Green Bell Pepper + Fromage 0% + Corn + Tomato + Onion) / Light Gouda.

Snack: Microwaved Banana with Cinnamon.

After cooking the dinner, I ended up with a large portion and packed half of it for tomorrow's lunch. I have an one day conference at my university and they usually offer lunch and snacks, but I don't want to go over the diet. If I do go, it must be for something that it's worth spending some calories on. I may have some biscuits, though, as they are delicious :)

Girls, I'm officially 12 sizes smaller than when I started dieting :D........ok, it's a fair price for AGES of morbid obesity.

Amazing brilliant loss Letzes!!! and i think that's a really level headed comment about the extra skin, that's how I see it too - and it does shrink away, it just takes a little while :)

wow well done hun thats a brill loss x x x

Ha! I blew everything out today without regrets! I intended to go back home for lunch but ended up staying at the conference and had lunch there. Then I also had nasty things during the coffee breaks and can't even count the calories! So, I've decided to declare today as a crap day and just indulge myself with whatever I've been craving, then I can start again tomorrow :D

To be fair, this is my (intended) menu:

Breakfast: Wholewheat Bread + Gouda + Laughing Cow Light Edge / Fromage 0% + Blueberries / Coffee (it was as I had planned).

Snack: Bits of an Apple / Coffee / Mini chocolate cupcake without frosting (it was pretty small).

Lunch: 4 Mini Sandwiches (none of them with cheese) / 2 small pieces of a very thin, but tasty, fruit pie / Glass of orange juice.

Snack: Aperitifs (cheese and tomato mostly) / Finished the Apple bits.

Dinner: I'm thinking about giving myself a pizza and maybe ice cream hahaha (going fully chubby-thinking here).

Yeah, I deserve a bit of madness, I have been pretty strict in the past days and tomorrow is going to be another fresh day!

Editing: I didn't buy ice cream, but ate 2 small pieces of chocolate. I bought the pizza with the lowest amount of calories that I could find, but still one that I like :)
I also did not blow it all and went to the gym instead of sitting and eating forever. Finished Week 5 / 2 of Couch to 5k and 30 more minutes of jogging / walking combination and some weight lifting.

Last edited:
new day tmorrow hun x x

Yay for the new clothing sizes! It is very tricky to work out what fits you now--and to work out how much you should spend while you're still shrinking. I hate belts (so uncomfortable!), so I've installed drawstrings on a lot of my trousers. :8855:

I could quite easily go crazy with the fruit on SW, so I try to force myself to choose vegetables as often as I choose fruit, to keep my sugar levels from being too high. I quite like grabbing a bunch of chopped carrots, courgette, and broccoli and dipping it in fat free yogurt with seasonings added. But I like grabbing a punnet of raspberries even more. ;)

And yep, like chezz said, it's a new day tomorrow. :)

You girls are right!

The day started very well and I went to the gym for some workout :)

Now I have the doctoral defense of an office mate and there is always free food after the defense, but I've decided to watch his presentation, congratulate him and then go to the movies! I'm pretty satisfied with what I had yesterday, so there is no need to stuff myself again.

Also, I'm glad that there was no self-blame, I enjoyed my pizza / food and now I'm back to the diet -- which is also delicious, by the way.

Tomorrow is weigh in day, let's see if my positive attitude will last hahaha.

Everything went well as planned! The only thing is that I couldn't go to the movies because the defense ended quite late! But the food was good! I was a bit hungry by the time I prepared my dinner, but nothing that could make me binge eating. I'm still afraid of increasing my calorie counting, though I know that this is the healthiest thing to do. I had 1230 calories today and do want to increase to at least 1300.

Also, I was able to jog for 20 minutes without stopping :D First time in my whole life that I do that!

Breakfast:
Coffee / Frittata + Laughing Cow Light Wedge / Fromage 0% + Blueberries.
Snack: 1/2 Pear.
Lunch: Chicken with Veggies / Basmati Rice / Mixed Greens.
Dinner: Chicken Breast / Big Salad / Corn / Fromage 0% + Blueberries (even had a dessert today).
Snack: Banana + Cinnamon.

Met you over in Stackers gaffe so here to subscribe ;-)

Today was great and I managed to increase my calories, I want to keep that for the week and see the results. I hope I can still lose something, but I know that my body might react in a different way. Anyway, the calculator still says that I have a really large deficit with all the exercises and so on. Even if I don't do anything, eating 1400 calories will result in a deficit of 600 calories. I'm going to weigh in again after the weekend to see how things are going, though I don't really like to weigh in a lot.

Food for today:

Breakfast: Coffee / Frittata.
Lunch: Chicken + Yellow Bell Pepper + Mushrooms / Arugula + 1/2 Pear.
Snack: 0% Greek Yogurt + Chocolate Powder.
Dinner: Salmon / Big Salad with Goat Cheese.

Calories: 1336

=> I tried to create a menu according to SW, but it took me a long time and I couldn't get the hex's properly. So, I've decided to stick to the Calorie Counting and I'm going to spend some time to read a couple of diaries there (the ones that are healthy, of course).

Hello all, I felt like I ate the whole day yesterday and even so didn't reach the 1300 calories.

Breakfast: Coffee / Frittata (Mushroom + Spinach + Gouda Light).
Snack: Pear (I divided this pear into 4 parts and ate pieces of it for the whole day).
Lunch: Chinese Fake Away Veggie Noodles.
Snack: Fromage 0% + Blueberries.
Dinner: Tuna + Spinach + Corn / Big Salad / 1/2 Banana.

Calories: 1170 (I think something is wrong).

Even so, I weigh in this morning and it was the same, which is pretty strange because I usually lose on weekends as I do lots of exercises :/
Maybe I reached a plateau or the increase in calories on Saturday affected it. Who knows? Anyway, I'm quite happy with my body and I want to prepare it for an ONE MONTH craziness on June / July (no diet / lots of food) at my home country. I also have no great expectations for May as I'm going to Norway for 4 days next week and then there is my birthday -- my chubby mind is thinking about all the treats that I'm going to give to myself. But I'd love to leave the 90's before going to my home country :/

I think I have to stop with the very late snack or at least try something less caloric than a banana. But I do love the combination before bedtime, it seems to help me sleeping.

Hi Letzes

Sounds like you are doing really well on the CC front! :) And good on you for having a 'day off' and enjoying some naughty stuff, I think that's the key, don't hold too tightly and be too rigid on any diet because none of us can live like that forever.

Back