liquoricet's diary of a penguin runner

And I put on 1.5lbs. Totally expected, deserved etc. Back on it tomorrow with lots of fruit and veg to shift this head cold my dd2 has generously given to me.

Hope you shake off the cold soon, I'm sure that 1.5lb will be back off next week. :)
How's the running training going?

Its been going great thanks. I did 9.3k bank holiday Monday, (nothing in week as life got in the way), 6k sunday and would usually do a 5k tonight but may skip it as coldy. Will have to do my short run thurs if I'm better but could move it to Friday as parents are up and then rest again till Sunday and Race day!

Phew that sounds a lot.

Oh and I'm off booze in preparation for the Big Day! That should help next week's weigh in. I will probably be having a couple of pints of cold cider with friends after. Can we call that rehydrating?

So it's the big race on Sunday?
I think it will take several ciders to rehydrate you lol :D

Its been going great thanks. I did 9.3k bank holiday Monday, (nothing in week as life got in the way), 6k sunday and would usually do a 5k tonight but may skip it as coldy. Will have to do my short run thurs if I'm better but could move it to Friday as parents are up and then rest again till Sunday and Race day!

Phew that sounds a lot.

Oh and I'm off booze in preparation for the Big Day! That should help next week's weigh in. I will probably be having a couple of pints of cold cider with friends after. Can we call that rehydrating?

Good luck for your race on Sunday, will subscribe to see how you get on x

I did it! Incredibly pleased with myself and thoroughly enjoyed ciders with friends afterwards. Hoping the 10k will balance all off planness but if not c'est la vie.

How did you find it??

The heat made it harder than training but I ran with a friend who kept me going, by the end I felt quite sick in spite of drinking lots of water. I'm tired now but OK.

I did it! Incredibly pleased with myself and thoroughly enjoyed ciders with friends afterwards. Hoping the 10k will balance all off planness but if not c'est la vie.

Congratulations, great achievement. You deserve every drop of that cider! xx :D

Well done you xx

That's great, a loss and a 10k all in one week that's a fab achievement :)

Argh I've really blown it! Two weekends away of boozing and eating yummy food and weigh in tomorrow night. (I wi Thurs am with a sts but it was still downhill from then). They were lots of fun, I went away with hubby and no kids and hoped the (ahem) 'body magic' might help.

There'll be a rather subdued liquoricet tomorrow. I've decided to buy a 12 week count down to kick start my losses again. I'm also changing my drink of choice to gin instead of wine/cider.

A sneaky peak suggests a gain of 5lbs but hoping some of that was water weight.

Hopefully you're right & it's water weight. I take it you had an enjoyable weekend ;)

I've had an epic two weekends. Je ne regrette rien! Oh well, when I put on I'll know why. I'll just have to actually track my meals, stick to the plan and resist the temptation to give up.

How're you getting on?

I had a pretty good weekend too at a music festival. I get weighed on Fridays so was extra good when I got back & I lost a pound! I was well happy. Mind I'd missed a weigh in because we were away so it's probably not as good as it sounds lol I do think weekends like yours & mine are worth it, this is meant to be a lifestyle change in the way we eat not a straight jacket. Without enjoying ourselves from time to time we won't be able to sustain it. I don't think you'll give up, not after losing 2st 8lb :)
I really want out of the 15's so I'm really trying to be on plan this week plus up the exercise & hopefully that will get the scales moving again. I spent half of April & most of May losing & gaining the same 2lb so I don't want June to go the same way. Good luck at wi :)

Back