liquoricet's diary of a penguin runner

3lb is really good, well done. I NEED to pick up the running now. It's just all this rain!!

Thanks. I've decided not to stress about the syns today. I know I've not eaten between my meals and eaten when I was hungry. If I'm over it won't be by much!

I'll let you know how that first run goes. We could compare virtual notes?

I have to say EE is suiting me as I did sw before and basically used my HE to do EE! There only thing my oh is complaining about is the lack of bread. I'd also like nuts after my runs. (Recommended by my gym). I know I could have them as HE but I tend to use them.

I also can see that the way I like to eat cheese doesn't work so well on sw. Basically I probably eat enough calcium by eating cheese (but a little more than sw would like) 2 or 3 x a week. I'm not a big milk fan so would probably balance out.

Hopefully I can balance this when I get to a weight I'm happy with.

I think I'm losing weight simply because I'm not eating chocolate/biscuits and have given up booze!

I've been thinking about my goal weight and I am aiming for 13st which will make me overweight not obese. Really 11st would be better but 13st is a lot less than pushing 18st.

Presumably I can sit for a month or two at 13st and then push on again if I want to. I'm also hoping I can get away with a higher bmi if I'm running 3x a week.

My stats from the start were not dissimilar and although I am ultimately aiming for 11.5 st I plan to sit at around 13 for a couple of weeks/a month when I get there. I need to settle. I though of doing it at where I'm at so I get a little boost when I get back on it but I'm not quite ready to stop.

The running WILL happen. I just need to get my head in the right place. I'm thinking of aiming to start in feb half term as I will have time to take myself somewhere flat (I live on a mahoosive hill) and start that way rather than opening the front door and running downhill haha

Thanks LtL, it's good to hear someone else with a similar plan.

I live on a bit of a hill but am close to a cycle path so that's nice and straight! I've been really avoiding them except where I'm forced to go up.

It was getting to be fun, relaxing and a lovely (positive) way of getting an endorphin high. I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow though as that's unlikely!

Had a trial short run (with littluns in tow). I didn't cough my guts up too badly but am not back to normal. Oh well.

I also 'blew it' today. We went to Costa coffee and I had a small skinny hot chocolate, big wanted a teacake, small wanted a brownie. Bought both, then small wanted teacake instead so I ate the brownie! I then discovered it's 18 1/2 syns! Doh! Hopefully the body magic will balance it.

Thanks. I had a great NSV anyway, I fit into size 20 jeggings and leggings from primark!

Tried a top too but that clung in wrong places but pretty chuffed. It's so cheap! (Good job as size 22s are too big and that's what I have in my wardrobe!).

Thanks Rae. Monday was better.

Hi Steph! I'm going to try a short run tonight as my cough is much better - just a cold left.

Maybe I need a cold!! Could do with losing my appetite a bit!! Haha!
Seriously though, I hope it clears up soon- when do you WI?? X

Managed a 4.5k run. I had a few walk breaks but happy I can still do it. I feel so much better for going for my run, even though I was like a drowned rat. Bath, then baked apple, mincemeat and ice cream (mainly HExB!)

Ooo I'm a Thursday am weigher too- think its a great time to get weighed. Sometimes I have to go to the evening class though depending on shifts!!

I'm tempted to do that too but don't you weigh differently am to pm?

At work today 830-7 (horrible day). I had a subway salad for lunch which was surprisingly nice (with chipotle dressing but it needed it). Weds pm we generally have curry. I may have lamb bhuna or otherwise chicken shaslik but I'm almost a red day bar my potato waffle at breakfast and that would mean no rice....

Yes it's a total pain- I weigh heavier in the evening so if I have to go to an evening class then I find that it messes me up a bit!!
Bit of an issue today with work meaning I haven't got lunch with me so today I've had, melon and grapes for brekkie, Apple and a bag of wotsits for lunch. On the plus side, I can do whatever day I like today meaning tea will be something yummy!!
I love a subway salad!!

I lost 1.5lbs this week. 1.5 to go to get my stone and a half. I'm a tiny bit disappointed as would've liked my award and I've not kept to my syns today. Hubby is out drinking with his work and I'm a bit envious as I never do that :( my drinking buddy has moved away and I've been doing dryathlon.

Actually I think it's because I wanted a glass of wine tonight that I've eaten some chocolate, that and an advert for galaxy that had me salivating yesterday. Oh well. I managed a little run today and I'll make sure I get in some extra body magic! And if I'm going to do it best that it's after weigh in.

Snap- I've had a 1.5lb loss this week too! I'm over the moon as I set myself a little goal to achieve before my holiday and I've done it. Also got two awards this eve and went into my next stone!! All this after weighing in 6 hours after I normally would!! 5 stone 3lbs down, 4lbs to go.

Going to have a little run tomorrow myself. OH is working so there's no excuse for me not to hit the gym! I must confess though, I'm just about to watch weight loss ward whilst sipping on a baileys!!! Oooops!! X

Back