liquoricet's diary of a penguin runner

Bummer. You could get that off in a week if you try? Hope you had a great holiday and enjoyed your food and drink!

I maintained over Xmas and wasn't on plan. Think it slightly lulled me into a false sense of security! So I know where you're coming from. I think even when we know why it's still depressing seeing the number increase as it means effort to get it off.

Mmm, I've just had a lovely tea. Aldi ready to cook lamb shank in a mint gravy (7 mins microwave and FREE), butternut squash chips and broccoli. I am stuffed and still on 4 syns today.

I've decided to try and be more clever with my syns and to try to mostly have syn free meals. It may take more planning but then I can enjoy my wine and chocolate!

Bummer. You could get that off in a week if you try? Hope you had a great holiday and enjoyed your food and drink! I maintained over Xmas and wasn't on plan. Think it slightly lulled me into a false sense of security! So I know where you're coming from. I think even when we know why it's still depressing seeing the number increase as it means effort to get it off.

I don't really drop big numbers but I'm definitely going to give it a good shot!! I'd love to be back to where I was before I went away! Was definitely worth it!!
Your tea sounds soooo yum! I've just had a gorgeous tea too! Only a syn free spag Bol with meat free mince but threw in loads of superfree so I'm feeling better already!!

All good so far today. Syn free brekkie, 2 poached eggs on 2 giant mushrooms, snack 2 liberte yoghurts (2 syns) with blueberries, kiwi. Lunch is spag with bacon, veg and tomatoes sauce. (Syn free again).
All ready for wine and meal out!

Don't laugh at me but I've come home from my very tasty nouveau cuisine meal still hungry and had my hex b! I reckon at worst 40 syns including a bottle and a half of wine.

It was delicious food but they were little portions. The jambalaya was 2 matchbox sized pieces of pork (steak) I think, a large prawn, some little crispy pieces of squid all on top of a risotto rice. It was yummy.

My head hurts a little this morning. I've had Greek yogurt and fruit for breakfast and a fudge!

Feeling much better now. I've done very little today. Mostly over been trying to track down a smell of wee! My 3 year old peed in our lounge and it stinks. We've cleaned the carpet but there's still a nasty niff.

I've not been for a run or done anything energetic. Oh well, I've had no further syns so clawing back from yesterday's yumminess. Our heatings broken down so that's rubbish. (Well, cold!)

How's your weekend been?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Feeling much better now. I've done very little today. Mostly over been trying to track down a smell of wee! My 3 year old peed in our lounge and it stinks. We've cleaned the carpet but there's still a nasty niff.

I've not been for a run or done anything energetic. Oh well, I've had no further syns so clawing back from yesterday's yumminess. Our heatings broken down so that's rubbish. (Well, cold!)

How's your weekend been?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Aww nothing worse when the heating goes.. hope you have lots of layers...
And spray loads of fabreze hehe the terrible toddler :)
I'm good thanks been off all weekend so dreading work tomorrow :) x

Sent from my ME173X using MiniMins.com mobile app

I'm getting febreze today! It doesn't make you gag when you go in the room now but still smelly.

Think we're going to a wacky warehouse with kids today. I'll have a jacket potato and steak probably. I think it's the best option.

Ha, well they had no jacket potatoes so had to have a bigger steak with salad. It had a little dressing and I had a peppercorn sauce I dipped my steak into (not much the whole pot was 2 syns so I've said 1/2 syn. I also nicked a few of dd waffle chips which I'm optimistically counting as a potato waffle.

We had a good tea - the fritatta from the magazine but the kids have decided they don't like chives. Grr. Well I liked it.

I've got indigestion but am hoping to go running later, I'll see how my tummy is feeling but had a running fail yesterday as has been out Saturday night. ;)

I've got my sponsorship pack for the Manchester 10k so need to keep training!

May, so quite a while... I made it out this pm, just going to have a hot chocolate (options) as my post run protein. (It's a hard life).

Last edited:
Slightly embarrassing nsv - when I lie in the bath I can now see my pubes and my tummy isn't in the way! Quite pleased about that. ;)

Back