liquoricet's diary of a penguin runner

Thanks I bought some pots of mixed fruit to have at work and some blackberries that were on cheap at Sainsbury's. I've eaten them with yogurt.

Hmm, well weigh in tomorrow and I had such a fun weekend a sts will be a good result although I need to get on with it next week!

The last two days have been OK. I had a bad real life day yesterday. I had a mirena coil fitted after my little girl was born and I went for a smear and asked the nurse to check for the string. Anyway she couldn't find it or see the device so I had to do a pregnancy test (thankfully negative) and now have to await a hospital appointment to have it found and possibly removed!

I think it must be in there somewhere as I got pregnant in the first month both times and I haven't felt the string in the last 3 years. So yes, I had a stressful few moments.

I'm really tired this evening. I think I'll drink my squash, have an options hot choc (not used my hexa) and go to bed.

Quite happy today, 1/2 on but entirely deserved and accounted for! So now to lose at least 1 for my 10% and preferably 4lbs for 2 stone. I can't think of anything I'm doing to mess it up so fingers crossed!

Quite happy today, 1/2 on but entirely deserved and accounted for! So now to lose at least 1 for my 10% and preferably 4lbs for 2 stone. I can't think of anything I'm doing to mess it up so fingers crossed!

Well done on the positive outlook. Good luck for the week ahead+you will have your 2stone in the bag xx

Thanks Rae Rae. A bit off plan yesterday (that always seems to happen Thursdays) but managed a whole day back on it.

The only dodgy thing was I had lunch out with a jacket potato with cheese, bacon and mushroom. I had a hexb left so am claiming I had a tbsp of olive oil which should account for any oil. The cheese was possibly a bit generous but not too bothered as I don't always manage a full portion of milk so it should balance over the week.

Ooh forgot to add, dh had a good idea. We're out of potato waffles (I normally have an egg on them), so he's parboiled and diced a potato and I'm going to frylight it for brekkie and stick an egg on top. I might cut up a mushroom too so I've a SF food.

Then I can have a cereal bar for my break at work. Awesome!

Thanks Rae Rae. A bit off plan yesterday (that always seems to happen Thursdays) but managed a whole day back on it.

The only dodgy thing was I had lunch out with a jacket potato with cheese, bacon and mushroom. I had a hexb left so am claiming I had a tbsp of olive oil which should account for any oil. The cheese was possibly a bit generous but not too bothered as I don't always manage a full portion of milk so it should balance over the week.

Ooh forgot to add, dh had a good idea. We're out of potato waffles (I normally have an egg on them), so he's parboiled and diced a potato and I'm going to frylight it for brekkie and stick an egg on top. I might cut up a mushroom too so I've a SF food.

Then I can have a cereal bar for my breakt
at work. Awesome!

That jacket sounds sooo good. The breaky sounds like a good idea too :)

Brekkie was really good (previously mentioned potatoes, mushrooms and egg. Today was busy, at work this morning, then home for lunch (pasta, salmon, salad and out to the library in town.

This was a bit of a busman's holiday as I work as a library assistant! The library had an event for kids with dinosaur stories which the girls loved.

Then we went for a wander, the kids had babycinos (hot chocolate) at Costa, I had a huge cup of tea (proud of myself), no one had any snacks.

Back home to make tea which took ages as it was Herby pork meatballs from SW magazine. It was really yummy and my kids gobbled it down and wanted more! I added extra veg in, peppers, a tin of tomatoes, onions and mushrooms as I'm not a big salad leaves fan.

Hexa milk in tea (will be under to compensate for cheese yesterday)
Hexb benefit bar and alpen light bar.

4x liquorice allsorts - 4 syns
A liquorice wheel -3.5 syns

(I checked the liquorice and thought I'd already blown it but that's actually not too awful, just goes to show that guessing is pointless).

1 syn for pork mince

Will have a glass of wine when kids in bed (probably a big one - 9 syns) but it is Saturday and I had nothing last night as was working this am. In fact if I only have one I've done well!

Tomorrow I owe myself a nice long run (well at least 5k). I'm off work Thursday so I may do my actual long run then (6k+)

Last edited:
Had another good day. Breakfast was porridge and a tbsp of mincemeat (2syns and hex a/b)
Lunch was pasta and salmon
I went for a 6k run and had a 2.5syn benefit bar and a liberte yogurt (1syn) with kiwi fruit as a snack.

Tea was roast pork with roast potatoes, kale with chopped up spicy sausage, roast carrots and stewed apple (I did also have a little bit of crackling). I was really hungry after my run!

I'm counting that as using up the rest of my syns and being balanced by my run. I ate enough to satisfy my hunger and really enjoyed what I ate.

I can't honestly say this week has been completely on plan but fingers crossed for later.

My scales before breakfast said 15.9 7/8 (but still, new number!!). After breakfast, tea and loo it said 15.12 *sigh. I shouldn't have done that! We'll see.

Weigh in this am, normally at 930 but going to 1130 one as have day off and toddler goes to nursery at 1130 so may as well have peace!! So no tea for next few hours and maybe the number will be nice.

Subscribing. Very impressed with all the running. I've just started and managed my first mile the other day... Need to work up to a 10K as I for some reason signed up for the one in Manchester in May...

Good luck for WI

hope it went well xxx

Happy days, 15.11 so 2lbs off! 2lb till my 2st and 2 weeks to my 40th birthday. Now there's an aim!

I'm doing the Manchester 10k too, somewhat bricking it that I'll be last. Maybe I'll see you there?

Anyway, going to go for a run now that my leftover curry (from last night) and jacket potato have settled. I'm either going to do a short one (about 3k) or 5k.

My plan's all over the place as normally run 3x a week and went to say good-bye to a friend who's leaving on Tues night when I'd do my 5k and today should be my short run with intervals (zombies chasing me using the app). It's a nice day so I'll see how I feel. Sunday is my long run building to the 10k.

Rightyho, I'm off.

Oh don't worry I'll definitely be behind you!!! Where do you usually go running?? I'm trying to find a nice route in the area.

Ooo bet you are excited for your birthday!!!!

Thanks RaeRae. I think it's becoming more obvious. I have an old size 18 dress i tried on and it fitted in a squeeze like a sausage way.

The run was hard work. I did a 5k and struggled, I've no idea why, just a hard run. I was really slow too.

I am planning on taking an hour and a half for the 10k! I run along the Middlebrook cycle trail near my house. I go through the cemetery by my house and then run towards horwich. It's nice and flat! If you ever want to come with me let me know.

I assume you know about the park runs Jennie? There's one that meets at leverhulme children's centre.

Last edited:
Thanks RaeRae. I think it's becoming more obvious. I have an old size 18 dress i tried on and it fitted in a squeeze like a sausage way.

The run was hard work. I did a 5k and struggled, I've no idea why, just a hard run. I was really slow too.

I am planning on taking an hour and a half for the 10k! I run along the Middlebrook cycle trail near my house. I go through the cemetery by my house and then run towards horwich. It's nice and flat! If you ever want to come with me let me know.

I assume you know about the park runs Jennie? There's one that meets at leverhulme children's centre.

I'll let you know about the running, I think I need to get a few shorter runs in over the next couple of weeks. I then might start going to the ParkRun's there are a couple round about, I don't want to get my trainers too muddy though haha

My god, after saying that I needed some time before a park run! I only went and ran 4.8k on Sunday morning!!!!!! I was so impressed with myself I just wanted to shout about it all day long. Haha

How was your weekend??

Back