Total Solution Lynne's journey to losing 6stone and running 5k. Countdown to Philadelphia.

What sort of dogs do you have Shrimp?

He is lovely!

Gross new diet aid

Just been to hang the washing out and discovered Jesse (my 3 legged cat) has left a dead bird on the lawn. It's gross, head and wing intact with most of the body gone and what is left of it with the entrails hanging out. Can't look at it without gipping. Someone is going to have to remove it.
On a more positive note, I'm less likely to waver today after seeing that. ( I ate 2 ultra slim bars, 2 cheese triangles and a cheese slice last night.)
:sign0137:

Last edited:
That is gross...my dogs are westies. I love them...I have had westies for the last 25 years.

My mum would like a westie. They're really cute. The cat has now plucked the bird and left the feathers under the garden table where I was planning to eat tea with my friend who is going to stay over tonight before we go to London. He has also left some innards on the path. He's disgusting! on top of that he came in demanding to be fed.

Leaving for London at 5.45am tomorrow. Back on Thursday.

Have a great time. Speak Thursday

Your dog is so cute lynn.. I have two dogs as well. Hope you enjoy your time in London.

Got back from London late last night having had a really enjoyable couple of days away. I stopped dieting on Monday night when I had a chicken and mushroom pasta and a couple of glasses of champagne with my friend who was staying the night. We then had a bacon butty before setting off for the 6.10 am train.

On arrival in London I had a latte at St Pancras before we set off for Victoria to find the Run and Become running shop to buy new running shoes. We then spent about 3 hours walking around in pouring rain to find the shop which, had we set off in the other direction we would have got to in about 7 minutes! (En route I had another latte and a mozarella and ham salad bagette.) I then had to run up and down the pavement in front of the running shop wearing a variety of running shoes and my trousers rolled up to my knees, eventually leaving with a nice new pair of running shoes and £100 lighter.

After leaving our bags at our hotel in Paddington we travelled across to Hackney to visit an artist who is working on our Summer Arts College with us. (We stopped at a cafe on the way and I had another latte with a scone, butter and jam.) After a 3 hour planning session at Sam's studio we then set off back to Victoria to see Wicked at the Apollo theatre following which we went for a Lebanese set meal for 2 and a bottle of rose wine on Edgeware Road. I eventually fell into bed at about 1.30 am having drank most of the wine (because my friend decided she didn't like it after one glass) and eating a massive (but delicious) meal.

My intention was to get up early yesterday and try out my new running shoes on the treadmill in the hotel gym but due to having such a tiring day on Tuesday didn't get up until 10.30. We set off from the hotel at about 12 and then went for a caramel latte and almond croissant before setting off for Camden where we spent the rest of the day and bought lots of stuff. Of course, with all the lovely food stalls at Camden market we couldn't resist - sushi and rice, followed by a fruit smoothie, followed by a banana milk shake, turkish coffee and baklawi (small very sweet cakes) and a real lemonade drink.

It was then back to St Pancras (via Euston where my friend was staying on for a further night) to catch the 7.55 train home. At the train station I then had a free sample of sparkling white wine followed by a glass of sauvignon blank in the first class lounge - my first class ticket was only marginally more expensive than standard. All this was topped off with 2 coffeed, 2 packets of peanuts and a gin and tonic on the train!

To have only gained 2lb is a miracle - I was expecting at least 7lb! I suppose it might take a few days for the full extent of my weight gain to show. I started back on 100% TS this morning and so far so good but I reckon I'm going to also have to make good use of those new running shoes.

Sounds like you have a great few days away. You might not any more weight again because I bet you also did quite a bit of walking during your days.

i love Wicked, I have been really lucky and seen it on the West End and on Broadway...both shows where fantastic.

i am down in London on the 9th June but gong to a concert at Wembley Stadium with my daughter, think hubby is gong to the Globe? So looking forward to it

Yes, we did do a lot of walking so fingers crossed! Who are you going to see at Wembley?

Is the capital summertime ball .. So loads of people are playing. Justin Timberlake, Will I Am, Robbie, Saturdays, Jessie J and loads more. It should be good but at least Liv will love it

Sounds good.

Managed to do 100% yesterday and had lost 1/2 lb from my 2lb gain when I got weighed this morning. Hoping to have lost it all by the time I weigh in on Sunday!

Yaaay for a loss.
I am sure you will lose that by Monday.
Fingers crossed for you.
Hope you have another 100% day.

Thanks Harry - hope you do well today too!

Lynne it will come off just like the first half pound.

enjoy your day

Thanks Shrimp. You too.

So how was your day lynn?
Anything special.

Back