Malibu25x weight loss diary :)

malibu25x

Hi everyone, don't usually write on forums much tbh but do have a look through some people's posts when I feel I need some inspiration/motivation & today decided to take the plunge & create a new profile.... New profile/new start & all that & going to make sure i come on hear regulary as i think keeping in touch with people will help me massively & right now i need all the support & I can get to keep me on track :)

so a little about me I'm 25yo female, been on a diet constant yo-yo for about 10 years & want to nip it in the bud once & for all & reach my goal weight (which I've never managed to do before) & stay there being healthy & not be on a constant diet the rest of my life as I've had enough & want to start living & not have my weight hold me back any longer! I've ranged from various weights from aged 14 (when I 1st started dieting) to now.... lowest ever being around 12 stone/size 14 when I was about 15 to highest of 20 stone in the summer of 2011 aged 22/23 (not a good year!!!)

Im 5ft 7.5inches & am currently about 16stone atm so have 5 stone to loose untill goal weight which is a lot :( but am gona be super good & want a good chunk of that gone by x-mas :) then maintain my weight at 11 stone which is a healthy BMI & hoping to be a size 12... No idea as never been that weight lol

As for the diet, I have choose to start a diary in a general section rather than 1 particular thread as I feel if I want to swap diets then il have to change thread etc & Cba with all that lol Like most ppl tried ALOT of diets other the years SW & WW when I was a teen then lighter life when I was 18, & since Cambridge diet & most recently slim & save! Have just done 4 weeks on slim & save & lost 1 stone but been really ill this week (Nora virus-boooo) & had a very slow loss & just doesn't feel right for me ATM to restrict myself in ketosis As too much of a mind battle + I seem to be really successfull on ketogenic diets for max 3 months then get bored & miss my social life.. End up coming of diet before goal weight & that's when I put weight back on!

So right now my plan is to do my own diet with restricting calories & exercise & see how I get on with that! I'm treating today as the 1st day of a new me & the rest of my life & want this to be a life style change & not just a fad diet! I still have some slim & save meals to use & some atkins bars, I am also going to get some weight watchers products & use the my fitness pal app to keep on track of everything I'm having! I will post regularly hear aswell to keep me on track/get advice etc!

Soooo wish me luck guys can't wait to get chatting to you all & hearing your stories/following your progress also xxxx

Hi Malibu! Looks like we have very similar goals, so maybe we can keep each other going! I started out just over a week ago at 16st 2lb at 5.7 tall and I want to lose 5st as well

I like your train of thought on creating a diet plan that suits you. And there is no reason why you cant vary it to suit how you feel on any given day or week. The main difference between us is that you have been dieting for 10 years and Ive been doing it for 40 years lol. That's not good is it :( So don't make the same mistakes ive made all my life, get to grips with it and sort it out now once and for all! I see you have an initial goal of Christmas day, that's good! and do you know what, you could get perilously close to losing 5 stone by Christmas if you really get to it now. Me too!!

Aww Arum 10 years of constant diet... Binge... Diet.... Binge.... Loose.... Gain.... Loose.... Gain is absolutely exhausting both mentally & physically so can't even imagine how you feel after 40 years of it... But do you know what it's never too late to change & finally feel comfortable in our bodies & more importantly healthier & happier! There's a million reasons why i want to loose weight but most of all I feel my life is on hold whilst I'm this size, I'm always thinking "next summer ill be thin" "next x-mas ill be thin" I seem to think ill meet the man of my dreams once I'm thin & ill live happily ever after haha well I can hope so! I'm at the point where I don't care how long it takes aslong I get there! The amount of times I've set myself unrealistic targets then fell off the wagon & gained weight because I haven't met them is Crazy really & is defo a mind over matter thing... I'm not putting pressure on myself anymore as tbh that's when I gain weight haha madness! I'm sure we"ll both be a hell of a lot happier come x-mas no matter what size we get to :) I'm 100% hear to spur you on its nice to speak to someone similar weight as a lot of people only have 1-2 stone loose! What diet plan are you doing? Xx

malibu25x said:
Aww Arum 10 years of constant diet... Binge... Diet.... Binge.... Loose.... Gain.... Loose.... Gain is absolutely exhausting both mentally & physically so can't even imagine how you feel after 40 years of it... But do you know what it's never too late to change & finally feel comfortable in our bodies & more importantly healthier & happier! There's a million reasons why i want to loose weight but most of all I feel my life is on hold whilst I'm this size, I'm always thinking "next summer ill be thin" "next x-mas ill be thin" I seem to think ill meet the man of my dreams once I'm thin & ill live happily ever after haha well I can hope so! I'm at the point where I don't care how long it takes aslong I get there! The amount of times I've set myself unrealistic targets then fell off the wagon & gained weight because I haven't met them is Crazy really & is defo a mind over matter thing... I'm not putting pressure on myself anymore as tbh that's when I gain weight haha madness! I'm sure we"ll both be a hell of a lot happier come x-mas no matter what size we get to :) I'm 100% hear to spur you on its nice to speak to someone similar weight as a lot of people only have 1-2 stone loose! What diet plan are you doing? Xx

So I thought I'd update my dairy with how my weeks going, but have no idea how to write again without putting a quote as when I click "reply to thread" it won't let me send as I'm not actually replying, just doing another post... If anyone reads this can u let me no how to just do a new post fro. iPad without quoting 1st? Lol

So from sun-weds went well, I did reasonably well on the calorie front & went gym/swim most days aswell! I'm confused as to just count the overall calories I had for the day as my total calorie intake or if to deduct the calories I burn from exercise & count net calories... Duno! Anyways I noticed that my huge sweet tooth isn't letting up & found I was having sweet things (chocolate) every day Ie atkins endulge bar or kitkat! I find late at night is the worst time I crave so I'm better prepared this week to tackle this!

Yest (thurs) was my 25th bday & so took the day off from calorie counting & had treats including pepperoni pizza bite from greggs for lunch, nandos for dinner, daim almondy dessert as 'b-day cake' & lots of cocktails & sangria! Had a fab day!

Today I've felt a little fragile from the drinks yest so not being too strict with the calories but not going mad either! Managed to burn 500 cals at the gym despite feeling a little hungover/fragile!

I have decided to just weigh myself weekly at the gym starting tomorrow as at the mo I am a daily weigher & it is sooo crap when you've been good for days & step on scales to find them not budging! I'm just going to be super good from tomorrow, keep using my fitness pal, keep up the exercise & then hopefully next week when I get weighed at gym again it'll be a nice surprise!

Been tescos today & stocked up for this next week, I have lots of weight watchers soups & meals & melon & to tackle the late night sweet tooth I've got some curly wurlys as they are 115 cals for the whole bar & there not 1 of my faves so I won't feel like I have to have it because its so nice (like the atkins bars) & same time they are there if I need them!

Anyways that's me! Will update once I've been weighed at gym in the morning! Hope the damage from yest isn't too bad! X

Hi Malibu...

lovely to read your thread. We're the same age (happy birthday by the way!) and about the same weight (although you're a lot taller than me). I think it's a good idea to weigh yourself once a week, then you don't get too hung up on it. I am contemplating having a mid-week weigh in to make sure I'm on track but I haven't decided yet.

I hope you get a good number tomorrow on the scales :)

I use an ipad to post as well, and if I'm signed in I just scroll to the bottom of the thread and there's a 'quick reply' box, so I just start typing in there - hope that helps!

So I thought I'd update my dairy with how my weeks going, but have no idea how to write again without putting a quote as when I click "reply to thread" it won't let me send as I'm not actually replying, just doing another post... If anyone reads this can u let me no how to just do a new post fro. iPad without quoting 1st? Lol

So from sun-weds went well, I did reasonably well on the calorie front & went gym/swim most days aswell! I'm confused as to just count the overall calories I had for the day as my total calorie intake or if to deduct the calories I burn from exercise & count net calories... Duno! Anyways I noticed that my huge sweet tooth isn't letting up & found I was having sweet things (chocolate) every day Ie atkins endulge bar or kitkat! I find late at night is the worst time I crave so I'm better prepared this week to tackle this!

Yest (thurs) was my 25th bday & so took the day off from calorie counting & had treats including pepperoni pizza bite from greggs for lunch, nandos for dinner, daim almondy dessert as 'b-day cake' & lots of cocktails & sangria! Had a fab day!

Today I've felt a little fragile from the drinks yest so not being too strict with the calories but not going mad either! Managed to burn 500 cals at the gym despite feeling a little hungover/fragile!

I have decided to just weigh myself weekly at the gym starting tomorrow as at the mo I am a daily weigher & it is sooo crap when you've been good for days & step on scales to find them not budging! I'm just going to be super good from tomorrow, keep using my fitness pal, keep up the exercise & then hopefully next week when I get weighed at gym again it'll be a nice surprise!

Been tescos today & stocked up for this next week, I have lots of weight watchers soups & meals & melon & to tackle the late night sweet tooth I've got some curly wurlys as they are 115 cals for the whole bar & there not 1 of my faves so I won't feel like I have to have it because its so nice (like the atkins bars) & same time they are there if I need them!

Anyways that's me! Will update once I've been weighed at gym in the morning! Hope the damage from yest isn't too bad! X

Sounds like u had a fab birthday filled with yummy treats! That daim bar cake sounds Devine - love daim bar!!

Safe to say I haven't been great, feel really fed up just lately. Mostly cos of my car playing up. I have to drive 28 miles to work so I need something reliable. I have however just purchased a Mazda 2, pick it up next wk n I can't bloody wait!!! only small engine but it's cheap to run and cheap insurance. :)

Anyway I've been out for dinner with my sister today, had fish n chips :-( we both want to lose weight so we've decided to motivate each other. We've also decided to get weighed at boots each wk starting tomorro. I'm going to move my scales as I get on them every single morning n it's just not good. Next two sat I'm off work so might have to weigh fri next wk. xx

kezzalicious30 said:
Sounds like u had a fab birthday filled with yummy treats! That daim bar cake sounds Devine - love daim bar!!

Safe to say I haven't been great, feel really fed up just lately. Mostly cos of my car playing up. I have to drive 28 miles to work so I need something reliable. I have however just purchased a Mazda 2, pick it up next wk n I can't bloody wait!!! only small engine but it's cheap to run and cheap insurance. :)

Anyway I've been out for dinner with my sister today, had fish n chips :-( we both want to lose weight so we've decided to motivate each other. We've also decided to get weighed at boots each wk starting tomorro. I'm going to move my scales as I get on them every single morning n it's just not good. Next two sat I'm off work so might have to weigh fri next wk. xx

Yey you've subscribed :) felt bad using your page like a diary talk about hi-jacking your page sorry haha!!! Aww that sucks about your car but omg a Mazda 2 how awesome :p I can't waitttt to get a car next year once I've got a proper job, I driven for 7 year before starting uni & not having one for last 2 years feels like I've lost a limb haha it's sooo annoying that I can't just get in & go where I want & hate public transport!

That sounds like a nice day with your sis & nice meal every now & then isn't going to hurt! Excellent idea on the weigh thing! I'm doing exact same as of tommorrow getting weighed on gym machine as dont want it to rule my mood every single day, as the days I do get weighed & haven't lost doesn't start the day off great does it :\ lol daim cake was nice but the top was nicer than the bottom! The bottom was like flapjack, so today after gym ate some more of top bit what was left then binned the rest to avoid temptation as not worth the cals! I've not been that strict today cal wise as been hungover! My set meals are ok it's just the snacks, had half bag of share munches left from yest & the new bear cake bars that are out! I'm not too fussed though as tommorrow Is officially a new start with getting weighed & going to give it my all for a week & hoping for a decent loss!

Even though I said I wasn't counting cals yest, I couldn't resist typing everything in to my fitness pal & over the 6 days (including today) the net calorie intake (using exercise cals) for the 6 days are pretty much spot on 1250 which my fitness pal has recommended to loose 2lb a week but there's no way I've lost that :S ill be lucky with a stay the same!!! So next week I'm going to try have a max of 1000 cals a day not including exercise & if I don't go gym then max 800! & see how I go next week! I better bloody shift some as I have plenty to shift lol x

Saruk88 said:
Hi Malibu...

lovely to read your thread. We're the same age (happy birthday by the way!) and about the same weight (although you're a lot taller than me). I think it's a good idea to weigh yourself once a week, then you don't get too hung up on it. I am contemplating having a mid-week weigh in to make sure I'm on track but I haven't decided yet.

I hope you get a good number tomorrow on the scales :)

I use an ipad to post as well, and if I'm signed in I just scroll to the bottom of the thread and there's a 'quick reply' box, so I just start typing in there - hope that helps!

Hi Hun thanks for reading my diary! I've subscribed to yours also! That's weird there's no 'quick reply' at the end of my page :S & I am signed in... Odd! I'm not that up to spead with this site yet though so hopefully it'll come 2 me! Annoys me that u have to post so many times to be able to do certain things! I want a Ickes etc lol

Reading your diary sounds like I could of written it myself lol nice to chat to someone with similar weight/goals! If I was you I'd just stick to weekly weigh because it really is crap when the scales don't move when they should! I am very science orientated person ie I know the fact there's 3500 cals to 1lb so if I'm deficient in this be it cal reduction/exercise then it REALLY winds me up when I don't loose that 1lb as promised!!! Lol last couple weeks I've had a reallllyyy slow weight loss, in fact by tommorrow will probs be the same but I'm going to give it my all for the whole week & hope for a decent loss next week that's all I can hope for! I know that I can loose as I have done so many times before so don't think it's a thyroid problem for example! Will just see how I get on this week!

Your goals seem fab Hun! My goal is to get as much of this weight shifted by X-mas as poss & decided every half a stone I loose I'm going to have a treat day to keep me going! My mini goals will probs be just getting in lower dress sizes! I'm currently a size 20 & at 15 stone I'm a comfy 18 so I guess that's my 1st mini goal.. So that's roughly a stone loss needed! Good luck Hun keep me posted how u get on etc :) & we can keep each other motivated xx

That's so weird ... I wonder why it isn't there. But then if your +reply to thread button doesn't work then it really does sound like something weird's going on!

Yeah I think I will stick to once a week ... We'll see! yeah, it's so lovely to talk to people going through the same sort of things! It'll be good to push each other on! Don't worry about a slow weight loss ... A lot of the diaries I've read on here have said the same thing and they've been the most successful :) so it must be a good thing!

I don't know if you meant to type 'ickles' (if you did I don't know what you mean) but if you meant ticker you can get one now! I've got one and we've got roughly the same number of posts. I think it's tickerfactory.com or something - really easy to do! You design it and then just copy and paste the URL they give you.

Best of luck on your weigh in tomorrow chick x

Yey you've subscribed :) felt bad using your page like a diary talk about hi-jacking your page sorry haha!!! Aww that sucks about your car but omg a Mazda 2 how awesome :p I can't waitttt to get a car next year once I've got a proper job, I driven for 7 year before starting uni & not having one for last 2 years feels like I've lost a limb haha it's sooo annoying that I can't just get in & go where I want & hate public transport!

That sounds like a nice day with your sis & nice meal every now & then isn't going to hurt! Excellent idea on the weigh thing! I'm doing exact same as of tommorrow getting weighed on gym machine as dont want it to rule my mood every single day, as the days I do get weighed & haven't lost doesn't start the day off great does it :\ lol daim cake was nice but the top was nicer than the bottom! The bottom was like flapjack, so today after gym ate some more of top bit what was left then binned the rest to avoid temptation as not worth the cals! I've not been that strict today cal wise as been hungover! My set meals are ok it's just the snacks, had half bag of share munches left from yest & the new bear cake bars that are out! I'm not too fussed though as tommorrow Is officially a new start with getting weighed & going to give it my all for a week & hoping for a decent loss!

Even though I said I wasn't counting cals yest, I couldn't resist typing everything in to my fitness pal & over the 6 days (including today) the net calorie intake (using exercise cals) for the 6 days are pretty much spot on 1250 which my fitness pal has recommended to loose 2lb a week but there's no way I've lost that :S ill be lucky with a stay the same!!! So next week I'm going to try have a max of 1000 cals a day not including exercise & if I don't go gym then max 800! & see how I go next week! I better bloody shift some as I have plenty to shift lol x

Don't b silly, I didnt mind u writing on my thread at all. Gave me something to read lol!

I've only been driving 2 yrs n I'm 32! Started lessons really late. Had them in my early 20's n hated them so quit but then got with my fella when I was 28 and he lived 28 miles away from me. A yr or so getting on trains n I'd had enough n cracked on with the lessons. Best thing I ever did! :)

I'm sure u will have a loss tomorrow. But if u don't then don't lose heart, not all scales weigh the same. the 2lb gain you saw will not have been a true weight anyway. Good luck hun xx

That's so weird ... I wonder why it isn't there. But then if your +reply to thread button doesn't work then it really does sound like something weird's going on!

Yeah I think I will stick to once a week ... We'll see! yeah, it's so lovely to talk to people going through the same sort of things! It'll be good to push each other on! Don't worry about a slow weight loss ... A lot of the diaries I've read on here have said the same thing and they've been the most successful :) so it must be a good thing!

I don't know if you meant to type 'ickles' (if you did I don't know what you mean) but if you meant ticker you can get one now! I've got one and we've got roughly the same number of posts. I think it's tickerfactory.com or something - really easy to do! You design it and then just copy and paste the URL they give you.

Best of luck on your weigh in tomorrow chick x

no i didnt mean to type ickles... stupid ipad is always doing auto correct grrrrr lol thanks hun i will set up a ticker later when im on my laptop! hope your good x

Don't b silly, I didnt mind u writing on my thread at all. Gave me something to read lol!

I've only been driving 2 yrs n I'm 32! Started lessons really late. Had them in my early 20's n hated them so quit but then got with my fella when I was 28 and he lived 28 miles away from me. A yr or so getting on trains n I'd had enough n cracked on with the lessons. Best thing I ever did! :)

I'm sure u will have a loss tomorrow. But if u don't then don't lose heart, not all scales weigh the same. the 2lb gain you saw will not have been a true weight anyway. Good luck hun xx

wow u dont look 32 at all! u look my age 25! well looks like it was true weight but thats after 2 days! hmmm not sure what is going on with my body at the mo! anyways been weighed this morn at the gym & treating today like a new start! going to be super good all week & try my hardest to not get weighed untill next week! am hoping for 4lb loss... fingers crossed! see my ticket below xxx

Hmmm it's showing that I can't upload my weight ticket!?? :( that's weird! I've also noticed that I need a certain number of characters in the reply msg before I can send... I'm getting confused lol

Attachments

• image-2575451464.jpg
    image-2575451464.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 64
Anyways don't no why its not letting my upload it but it says I'm 16st 2 & height of 5ft 8 (yer right I wish!!! Lol) I've always been about 5.7 & half inches.... & the weigh machine at docs reads that! I'm not complaining though as means to be a healthy weight according to gym machine I need to get to 11st 10lb... So 4st 6lb to loose... Hopefully have a good chunk of that off before x-mas!

So far today I've done 55 min Zumba class, not been in agessss & omg it's tough!!! This teacher is more like high intensity workout to music with lots of jogging/ lunges rather than what I'm used to which is dance routines! Defo burned the cals though! According to my fitness pal 55 mins of Zumba is 819 cals but I think that's too high, so I've logged it at 45 mins which is 670 cals which seems about right! Will walk dogs later aswell so that's another 150 cals so exercise wise today will be 820 cals!

Haven't had any food as of yet as did the Zumba then got back & been showered then on hear so will go have some now! Will record what I've had for the day later on tonight! Although I'm using my fitness pal I think It will help to record what I have hear aswell as If next week I don't get the loss I'm expecting then maybe someone can help me out by looking over my daily intake etc! Hope I do get a good loss though fingers crossed! Xx

wow u dont look 32 at all! u look my age 25! well looks like it was true weight but thats after 2 days! hmmm not sure what is going on with my body at the mo! anyways been weighed this morn at the gym & treating today like a new start! going to be super good all week & try my hardest to not get weighed untill next week! am hoping for 4lb loss... fingers crossed! see my ticket below xxx

Aww thanks, starting to feel old now lol! you'll soon get that 2lb off and some more. you've done so well so far. U can't expect to be good every single wk and it was your birthday after all xx

Ii've bought myself a little book to log my foods. Sometimes it gets forgotten when I input on mfp. Also bought some stars ( well sad)

Here is my plan for the book
Write down each day what I've eat ect

Green star = good day
Red star = bad day
Silver star = half st loss
Gold star = st loss

Haha prob sounds daft but I think it will spur me on seeing lots of green stars in my book ( well hopefully! Xx

awww i want some stars!!! lol i saw a really cute thing on a diff forum where a womens husband drew her a pic of flowers going up & each flower had 7/14 petals & each time she lost a pound they would colour in a petal! so each flower would represent half a stone/stone (cant remember which).. it looked sooo cute lol

i no im trying 2 not be too hard on myself as it was my bday after all.. i think this is where daily weighing can become confusing & pointless because realistically i havent put 2lb on in a week... what it is i started on sunday 'calorie counting with my fitness pal' weighing 16.06... then on my bday on thurs i was down to 15.13.2 then today on my scales i am 16.1.2 so if you count on a whole its just 0.6lb up from last sun when i started & by tommorrow it might be back to 16.0.6 which would of just been a stay the same.... howeverrrr according my mfp i should be having 1250cals a day without exercise to loose 2lb a week & when i work out my weekly average using net cals after exercise i think its def below this number so realsitically i should be 2lb loss tommorrow! but this is where diff diets vary... if i was doing weight watchers then my bday i reckon i would have used all my 'weekly points' & the other days i def wouldnt of been going over my daily points allowance.... hfffff i dont no... anyways no point dwelling on it all i can hope for is my plan works & next week i have a good loss! untill then i just need to get on with it & not let it consume my every thought lol x

Back