Marie's Disney dreams diary

Thank you ladies. Been v hard to get back on it today after eating rubbish for nearly 2 weeks. I've struggled big time but days nearly over. Did consider waiting til new year Clinquant but could be a difference between nearly a stone off or nearly a stone on x

This is so true. It goes on so very easily and you might end up with a bigger battle in the new year if you go wild now.
Well done on your mentality. Xx

Well done Marie, I think you've done the right thing as it would have been so much harder to restart after Xmas after 4wks off :(.

I'm sorry to hear about you're dad, I hope he's on the mend xx

I havn't had the chance to read through your whole diary yet but is February your first trip to Disneyland Paris?

Where are you staying?

We've been twice now but we havnt been back since I had my son who's 3 as I felt he was a bit young to enjoy it properly but he turns 4 in February so we will definitely be planning a trip for 2014" cause we love it there :D x

Dear god don't read through my diary. I'm actually heavier than when I started. I should really scrap it and start a new one for 2014 since it's nearly here.

Never been to Disney before Tracy. Either Paris or Florida. We're staying in the New York, New York hotel which I believe is walking distance from the parks. We booked in in sept as they were doing 40 per cent discounts for their 20 year anniversary. Glad you reminded me as it might make me stay on track. The thought of rides at nearly 18 stones fills me with doom :0 x

That was a great price I'll need to watch for some of those deals coming up for next year.

The Hotel New York is actually the only one of the park hotels we havn't stayed at although we did visit it's cocktail bar a few times ;). The first time we went we stayed in the Sequoia Lodge but during bad weather a few rooms got damaged so we were moved to the Newport Bay Club, on our 2nd visit we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel but to be honest it's decor isn't very child friendly my 2 much preferred the Newport Bays Nautical theme, we are planning on trying the Hotel New York for our 3rd stay. The other 2 park hotels, Cheyenne and Santa Fe are a bus ride away so not ideal.

The hotels are all pretty similar in quality your really only paying for the distance from the parks but they are all walkable.

Disneyland Paris has 3 main areas, the 2 main parks and the Disney Village (where all the restaurants are). The Disneyland hotel is actually the entrance to one of the parks (you walk under it to get into the park) hence it's high price, to get to the rest of the hotels you need to walk through the Disney village but the hotel New York is first, then Newport Bay, then Sequoia Lodge so if you don't want to eat in the hotel your only 5 mins from all the restaurants.

Did you book any meal passes with your Holiday? I think they are great as they save you a fortune on the meals and they are taken everywhere including in all the hotels except for 2 or 3 places like McDonalds.

I highly recommend Annettes Diner if your into the American Diner theme, they do great burgers and milkshakes and the biggest chocolate brownie and ice-cream mountain you've ever seen :).

And you must go to the Buffalo Bill Show, the food isn't great but it's a good show and kids love it.

McDonalds is only 5mins from your hotel door which is great for quick snacks, my kids loved it as they usually got a happy meal on the way past but we had our evening meals in a different hotel each night as they all do "all you can eat" buffets which suited us best, there is a free phone number in your room to phone down and book tables in any restaurant or hotel so use it as tables fill up quickly.

I think the best advice I could give you is:

The parks are big so you'll do a lot of walking so comfy shoes are a must, definately dress for comfort.

And lunches in the parks are expensive so fill up on the free hotel breakfast so you won't be starving come lunchtime.

And the park rides are quietest last thing at night because all the buses and trains will have left so go just before the park closes, one night we rode Big Thunder Mountain back to back for half an hour because it was totally dead.

And in our hotel we got free passes to the Paris sealife aquarium, if you get the chance to go, go, its just a stop down on the train and worth a visit :).

They do offer day trips to the Eiffel tower from the hotels but my kids weren't really interested they didnt want to waste a day sightseeing but if you want to go just ask at the hotel desk and a coach will pick you up :) x

Last edited:
Happy new year Marie! Not sure if you're still about in the shadows and thinking of coming back? Hope all's well xx

Hi Sammy.
Yep I've been lurking in the shadows while stuffing my face.
Started back today. I've 17 days to tennerife. Could have a stone off by then. My New Years resolution is to stop my all or nothing approach. Everytime I have a blip needs to stop turning into days of eating :(.
Thinking of starting a new diary to motivate me.
New year, new start and all that x

Good luck back on S&S x

Thank you ladies. Started a new diary - 2014 the last restart because it will be!

Clinquant I shall join you ladies in the squat challenge x

Woohoo I'll catch you in your new diary!! Xx

Back