McFatty Von Chocolate: A Diary & Blog (2012)

Have to say my son would love that soup...lol

Enjoying reading your diary.. You sound so motivated. Best of luck, this WILL be your year.

Hi hun, just found your diary :) you are doing so well lady!! Loved your radioactive soup as well hehe, I made a "creamy mushroom soup" this week and I won't even mention what it looked like :( bleugh!! Did taste scrummy though, just needed to keep your eyes shut eating it!!

lol! Sounds nice though, will have to give that a go sometime. I'm a really visual person, so if something doesn't look gorgeous then I tend to be turned off before I even start eating. Need to make an extra effort with making all my food look yummy from now on. Will have to post more pictures up too!

Lovin your diary and wow that's the most fluorescent soup I've ever seen ;) lol

Thank you ! :) Do you think I should enter it in the Guinness Records? ;)

Have to say my son would love that soup...lol

Enjoying reading your diary.. You sound so motivated. Best of luck, this WILL be your year.

Thanks sleepymum, I certainly hope so. I'm definitely feeling the motivation at the moment, just hope I can keep it up!

Loving your diary - hope you do not mind me following it! You're doing great :) xxx

Of course not! The more the merrier! And thank you :)

DAY 3
Friday, 6th January

Food Diary:

• B/F: Banana, Melon, Grapes and Pineapple w/ Vanilla ML Yoghurt
  • Lunch: Leftover Speedy Spag Bol, Side Salad
  • Dinner: Birds Eye Simply Bake Haddock in White Wine Sauce (3) Potatoes, Mushrooms, Carrots, Broccoli, Green Beans
  • Snacks:
  • Treat: Scan Bran Brownie (2), sweetened Quark & Strawberries. 1/2 bottle Martini Asti (14)

Total Syns: 19

Challenges

6 Stone Challenge:

• Exercise: 20 Minutes Swimming (25 lengths woooot!)
  • Superfrees: Melon, Grapes, Pineapple, Carrot, Mushrooms, Tomatoes, Salad

Scan Bran Challenge:

• Made the Scan Bran Ferrero Rocher last night. Not fussed :jelous: Will attempt a sort of Chocolate Browny Thing today though.

Diary:

10:00 ~

Another good start! Having so many of you come to visit my little patch last night has really helped me feel ridiculously positive for the day ahead. Heck, I even bought a Davina DVD (Which I intend to have a shot at on the weekend. Baby is away so I get a chance to use the living room. Wheee!)

It's probably a little boring hearing how good someone is feeling all the time, but I am genuinely on a high this week. I can't promise it will last long though, so enjoy this positivity while it does last - when the tide shifts (as it inevitably will at some point) you'll hardly recognize me!

Last edited:
rialrees said:
DAY 3
Friday, 6th January

Food Diary:

[*] B/F: Banana, Melon, Grapes and Pineapple w/ Vanilla ML Yoghurt
[*] Lunch:
[*] Dinner:
[*] Snacks:
[*] Treat:

Total Syns:

Challenges

6 Stone Challenge:

[*] Exercise: 20 Minutes Swimming (25 lengths woooot!)
[*] Superfrees: Melon, Grapes, Pineapple

Scan Bran Challenge:

[*] Made the Scan Bran Ferrero Rocher last night. Not fussed :jelous: Will attempt a sort of Chocolate Browny Thing today though.

Diary:

10:00 ~

Another good start! Having so many of you come to visit my little patch last night has really helped me feel ridiculously positive for the day ahead. Heck, I even bought a Davina DVD (Which I intend to have a shot at on the weekend. Baby is away so I get a chance to use the living room. Wheee!)

It's probably a little boring hearing how good someone is feeling all the time, but I am genuinely on a high this week. I can't promise it will last long though, so enjoy this positivity while it does last - when the tide shifts (as it inevitably will at some point) you'll hardly recognize me!

It is definitely not boring missus!! You positivity is catching, your diary leaves me smiling and that's a good thing :) xx

Thanks Mumma! Getting close to the 50 posting mark now... I'm getting fed up of not even being able to look at people's profiles tbh lol. Ah well, all in good time.

Lunchtime - gonna go nuke some leftover Spag Bol from last night and pop a side salad with it.

Actually bought some plates for having food at work - Eating out of Tupperware isn't the most pleasant of experiences. I feel much more satisfied if I feel like I've had a proper meal. And I find dishes help greatly!

It is definitely not boring missus!! You positivity is catching, your diary leaves me smiling and that's a good thing :) xx

Aww thanks hun! *hugs* Eating my spaggy bol now. I wish I had my phone in with me to take a piccy.

It's a MAMMOTH sized portion. Probably enough for two people here!

Ah well, I'll persevere I suppose ;)

14:00 ~

Spending my time in the office doing very little work (again). Been looking through all the yummy recipes on here instead. Baby's gone with mum for the weekend so I have a chance to do some real cooking and baking. I always get excitable when it's just me in the kitchen with the oven - probably a good explanation of how I got this way in the first place!

Some recipes I have my eye on this weekend:

Pete's Instant Mash Sausage Rolls
Scan Bran Chocolate Cake (Looks like Brownies!)
Japanese Cheesecake
Slimming World Quiche (Never made it, really have to try it this weekend)

So I have my work cut out for me. I have other meals planned of course, but I'm keen to start trying new things again. I think part of the reason for me 'falling off the wagon' last time around was that I lost a lot of my excitement about the plan - I stopped trying new recipes, and settled into eating the same foods all the time.

Well anyone would get bored. No matter my brain wanted those treats!

No one is to blame except myself. I control the cooking in the house (for the most part) and buy all the food so if things aren't there to eat, I should be more than capable of sorting that out. Maybe this time... *crosses fingers*

So folks, how soon do you reckon I can escape work today? :8855:

18:30 ~

Well I now have a lovely looking Japanese Cheesecake baking in the oven, after much fuss (I forgot to pop it in a water bath, so got a little paranoid. Had to rush out and pop some ramekins full of water around the tin!) and a fully cooked scan bran chocolate cake. The choccy cake is nice (haven't had a full slice yet though. How do you syn the little squiggles on the baking paper? :p ) and should taste even better with a little quark topping and some strawberries (stomach grumbling now lol) but I'm gonna try and save it till I've had my dinner.

Now if my cheesecake would hurry up... I need the oven for that haddock!!!

Also planning a few little drinkies tonight, seeing as I actually managed to save a good few syns by not having any so far (haddock still not consumed lol) I have a bottle of Asti in the fridge... looking incredibly tempting right now, but I'll wait until I have a plate of food in front of me first :)

rialrees said:
18:30 ~

Well I now have a lovely looking Japanese Cheesecake baking in the oven, after much fuss (I forgot to pop it in a water bath, so got a little paranoid. Had to rush out and pop some ramekins full of water around the tin!) and a fully cooked scan bran chocolate cake. The choccy cake is nice (haven't had a full slice yet though. How do you syn the little squiggles on the baking paper? :p ) and should taste even better with a little quark topping and some strawberries (stomach grumbling now lol) but I'm gonna try and save it till I've had my dinner.

Now if my cheesecake would hurry up... I need the oven for that haddock!!!

Also planning a few little drinkies tonight, seeing as I actually managed to save a good few syns by not having any so far (haddock still not consumed lol) I have a bottle of Asti in the fridge... looking incredibly tempting right now, but I'll wait until I have a plate of food in front of me first :)

Check you out chef :) just poured a glass of the old vino and now about to set up my new tropical fish tank - its an exciting life I lead haha x

Hehe yes I've been caught by the baking bug again this week. Not full of successes but a few mini successes at least :)

I've added a few attachments of piccies.. hope I don't break the forum!

The scan bran brownies came out lovely, not massively chocolatey but a good sweet treat: 2 syns.

the cheesecake split, but looking forward to tasting it! a sixth of the cake is 2.5 syns.

And that yummy Haddock dinner was DELICIOUS! well worth the 3 syns.

Tucking into a bottle of Asti now with OH, will go slightly over on syns today.... eep. hope to make up for it tomorrow.

Attachments

• BirdsEyeMackerelDinner-1.jpg
    BirdsEyeMackerelDinner-1.jpg
    440.5 KB · Views: 83
  • ScanBranBrownies2.jpg
    ScanBranBrownies2.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 80
  • SplitJapaneseCheesecake.jpg
    SplitJapaneseCheesecake.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 59
It was all scrumptious! I feel really well fed tonight. :D

Shame about the martini asti sending me over my syns but... ah heck with it. I can always pull 4 back tomorrow :p Where would I be without these slight indiscretions? ;)

Just survived 50 minutes of Davina's Ultimate Target DVD. Have a lot of cooking to do today (Including breakfast. 11 am and I still haven't eaten - eeeeep!) so will update a little more fully later.

DAY 4
Saturday, 7th January

Food Diary:

• B/F: Bacon, Eggs, Baked Beans, 2 x WM Bread (HEX B), Mushrooms, Peppers.
  • Lunch: :/ Breakfast was my lunch...
  • Dinner: Pete's Sausage Rolls SW Quiche ((HEX A) from cheese), green beans & kidney beans
  • Snacks: 2 x Japanese Cheesecake (5), with sweetened Quark and Hot Blackberries (1).
  • Treat: 1 Vodka (2.5)

Total Syns: 8.5 ~Made up for yesterday! :D

Challenges

6 Stone Challenge:

• Exercise: 50 Minutes Davina (Total for week: 90/210 :( )
  • Superfrees: Mushrooms, Peppers, Green Beans, Kidney Beans

Scan Bran Challenge:

• Chocolate Cake turned out lovely. No more scan bran left to experiment with. Guess I'd better focus on finishing off the cake ;)

Last edited:
It all looks lush! You are really good at taking food photos: normally food pictures look gross, even if the food is nice, unless they're taken by a pro. Do you do much photography? x

Thank You :)

The lighting was a bit off, it being night time and the kitchen spots were on lol. So everything has a kind of yellow look to it, but I'm pretty happy with them!

I don't do a lot of photography, but I've been known to dabble :)

I think that food always looks better when you go from the side - a photo taken of the whole plate from above will generally look like a mish mash of... stuff lol. But that might just be me ;)

What plan do you follow btw? (If any) I don't know if I've seen a food diary by yourself?

Food is looking well Lush

and well done on surviving DUT dvd
you are on a roll

I don't know how the heck I did it tbh! I mean sure I was doing an easier version than Davina herself, but sheesh I haven't sweat so much in ages!

Just goes to show that swimming =/= aerobics!

You know, I think I am on a roll :) Good week so far, long may it continue! How are things with you hun?

Back