McFatty Von Chocolate: A Diary & Blog (2012)

DAY 10
Friday, 13th January

Food Diary:

• B/F: Eeep... I think I skipped it!
  • Lunch: SW Quiche (HEX A) (With Bacon, Broccoli & Leek), Veggie Rice
  • Dinner: Chinese Spare Ribs (5.5), Free Red Pepper Houmous, Free Salmon Dip, Carrot Sticks, Peppers, 2 x Food Doctor Pittas (HEX B & 8 Syns)
  • Treat: Vodka (2.5)

Total Syns: 16

No excuses! I'm guessing a little bit here... being as honest as I can - I know I can remember my syns, but I'm finding it difficult to remember how many superfrees, snacks etc I've had. I've been in the good habit of just grabbing a satsuma lately, so I may have eaten more than I think.... at least I hope I have.... todays diary coming soon :)

You are doing so well. Live reading your diary!!

Thanks sleepymum :) I think I'm doing ok at the moment, I have a couple of shaky days but as long as I pull it back the day after I'm trying really hard not to beat myself up over it like I used to. Positivity is the aim of the day!

I think I'm going to start doing my diary ever so slightly differently, mostly to make it easier on myself. So every time I post to update in the day, I'm going to cut and paste my food diary into the latest post. That way it's easier for me to update!

Time to go make myself some Carrot Cake!!!

Last edited:
Thanks sleepymum :) I think I'm doing ok at the moment, I have a couple of shaky days but as long as I pull it back the day after I'm trying really hard not to beat myself up over it like I used to. Positivity is the aim of the day!

I think I'm going to start doing my diary ever so slightly differently, mostly to make it easier on myself. So every time I post to update in the day, I'm going to cut and paste my food diary into the latest post. That way it's easier for me to update!

Time to go make myself some Carrot Cake!!!

DAY 11
Saturday, 14th January

Food Diary:

• B/F: SW Full English! Egg, Bacon, 2 Tesco HL Sausages (2) Mushrooms, Baked Beans, 2 x WM Bread (HEX B). Apple, Clementine.
  • Lunch:
  • Dinner:
  • Snacks:

Total Syns:

Weekly Syns: 37/105

Is this a slimming world carrot cake?!? If so do you have a recipe? Hope you are having a fab weekend! xxx

Have a great weekend Ria

Thanks hun :) you too! I really hope everything's well on your end. I promise I'll work on this post count to get in to your diary lol!

Is this a slimming world carrot cake?!? If so do you have a recipe? Hope you are having a fab weekend! xxx

I haven't tried it yet but yes it'll be the scan bran thingy. This is the recipe I'm going to work on -- http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...rot-cake-how-long-would-last.html#post1509618 (If I ever get my bum off the computer!!!) and I'll let you know how it turns out :)

Last edited:
Thanks hun :) you too! I really hope everything's well on your end. I promise I'll work on this post count to get in to your diary lol!

I haven't tried it yet but yes it'll be the scan bran thingy. This is the recipe I'm going to work on -- http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...rot-cake-how-long-would-last.html#post1509618 (If I ever get my bum off the computer!!!) and I'll let you know how it turns out :)

DAY 11
Saturday, 14th January

Food Diary:

• B/F: SW Full English! Egg, Bacon, 2 Tesco HL Sausages (2) Mushrooms, Baked Beans, 2 x WM Bread (HEX B). Apple, Clementine.
  • Lunch:
  • Dinner:
  • Snacks:

Total Syns:

Weekly Syns: 37/105

Looks lovely let me know how it goes :) xxx

Made the carrot cake, with a few little additions of my own! Turned out really nice - I posted a photo and recipe on me blogger blog: Apple and Carrot Loaf ~ Fatty Von Chocolate's Slimming Adventure

I'm hoping to start using that blog much more often soon, to keep track of my recipes and so on. But I won't be going anywhere! I adore this site and feel so motivated being here :)

But that blog is a lovely place to keep photos of my food and have it all looking lush. Plus, if people can find it it'll help them in the long run. If anyone finds any errors in my recipe syns wise, PLEASE PLEASE tell me lol! I think I've been cautious enough, I even counted the apple as syns because it was going in the oven!

Good day today, am now scoffing a whole half of the cake with hubby, and we keep licking the quark off our chins lol - can't eat this thing fast enough! :D

DAY 11
Saturday, 14th January

Food Diary:

• Lunch: SW Quiche (HEX A) with Baked Beans (Oh god I'm gonna be parping all night...)
  • Dinner: Chicken Tikka, Veggie Rice & Fresh Red Pepper
  • Treats: 1/2 Apple & Carrot Loaf (8), Vodka (2.5)

Total Syns: 12.5

Weekly Syns: 49.5/105

Last edited:
That cake sounds amazing! I've not yet bought scan bran but may well have o purchase now! Not had time to explore the clever recipes yet on here. Boyfriend goes away for six months soon so lots of time to surf the site and experiment in the kitchen!

That cake sounds amazing! I've not yet bought scan bran but may well have o purchase now! Not had time to explore the clever recipes yet on here. Boyfriend goes away for six months soon so lots of time to surf the site and experiment in the kitchen!

It was gorgeous! I can't believe hubby and I ate the whole thing lol. Will have to get baking again today!

I really would recommend just buying the one pack of scan bran, and give it a go. It's relatively cheap anyhow, so if you end up not being fussed, at least you tried it :)

DAY 11
Sunday, 15th January

Food Diary:

• B/F: Omelette made with Mushrooms, Peppers, Bacon & Cheese (HEX A). A Clementine.
  • Lunch: 2 x Alpen Light Bars (HEX B)
  • Dinner: Lamb Hotpot (Lamb, Peas, Onion, Carrot, Passata, Spinach, Swede) with Broccoli and Leeks with Bacon. AB Midweek Roasties (3)
  • Treats: 2 x Carrot Cupcake (4), sweetened Quark, Blackberries. Options hot choc made with water (2)

Total Syns: 9

Weekly Syns: 58.5/105

Last edited:
Sitting at my desk at work, thinking about food and munching some fruit. I bought another 'healthy recipes' magazine - I intend to start ripping some of these recipes apart and making them suitable for Slimming World. I'll share the results on my blog :) I should probably be focusing on work, but erm.. I don't tend to do that too much. I really need to make another dent in my intray though.. it's verging on the ridiculous now.

Went swimming first thing this morning, though didn't swim for very long, maybe quarter of an hour. It helped to loosen me up and the shower afterwards is always a highlight for me. Just wakes me up and helps me feel human!

Last edited:
Hey hun, just catching up - you're still doing fab!! I love all your baking and experimenting :) x

Thanks kirsty :) I've not been checking up on everyone else as much as I should have these past few days.. my bad! Will have to pop around today and see how everyone's getting on!

I'm loving the experiments of late. I'm really hoping to get a good collection of recipes going - I started making a list of the recipes I liked when I first started, but never actually wrote down the changes I made to them, so I've now forgotten :sigh:

But I'll put a change to that! The carrot muffins last night were lush too - actually had mincemeat for those!

Last edited:
Chomping down on me lunch now. Note to self: this hotpot does NOT microwave well! Could be worse though, at least it's hot, and filling! Bought a side dish from Tescos, with lots of green veggies. It has a little knob of minted butter with it, which is gorgeous, but I'm not certain how to syn it. There's not actually that much butter, so I'll call it 2 syns to be on the safe side.

Managed to get a bit of work done this morning. Gonna have a little play on the arcade now and see if I can't get another chunk out of this way after lunch!

Diary so far:

DAY 12
Monday, 16th January

Food Diary:

• B/F: Sushi, Grapes, Pineapple, HN Shredded Wheat (HEX B)
  • Lunch: Leftover Lamb Hotpot, Green Beans, Peas, Kidney Beans, Minted Butter (2)
  • Dinner: Butternut Squash Soup, 2 x WM Bread (6), a little Margarine (1)
  • Treat: 2 x Carrot Cake Muffins (2), Sweetened Quark, Blackberries.

Total Syns: 11

Weekly Syns: 69.5/105

Last edited:
Is shop bought sushi free on EE? I quite like the idea of that !

Is shop bought sushi free on EE? I quite like the idea of that !

Erm.... I THINK so, but now you've made me doubt it lol. Will check with consultant tonight!

Back