MiM's & flaxseed recipes

Cheryl's Flourless Dark Chocolate Cream Cheese Snack Cake

I did quite a bit of experimenting with the MIMss this weekend. I came up with this really tasty Chocolate cake. My husband really liked it. I get less than 2 carbs for a slice, if you cut it into 5 slices. Be sure to let it cool for about an hour. It gets moister and more yummy.

1/4 cup flax meal
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
5 packets Splenda (Separated 4 and 1)
1 tablespoon Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa
1 large egg
1 teaspoon Heavy Whipping Cream
1/4 teaspoon Almond Extract(Sugar Free)
1 tablespoon butter
1 ounce cream cheese

Spray a large coffee cup with Butter Flavor Non Stick Spray.
In small mixing bowl, combine the following dry ingredients: 1/4 cup of Flax meal, 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder, 4 packets of splenda (save one packet to mix with the cream cheese), 1 tablespoon of Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa. Mix well.
In a separate cup, 1 large egg, 1 teaspoon of heavy whipping cream, 1/4 teaspoon Almond Extract. Mix well.
In separate dish, combine 1 ounce of cream cheese with 1 packet of Splenda.
Pour the egg mixture into the dry mixture. Stir well. Then Cut up 1 tablespoon of butter into tiny pieces and add to that mixture. Add the cream cheese to the mixture, dropping it in small amounts. Stir well. The mixture will be sort of slimy looking.
Pour the mixture into the prepared coffee cup. Microwave for 3 minutes. The cake will rise to about 3/4 of the way up the coffee cup. Slice into pieces. I get 5 slices. Allow to cool. Then enjoy! Save slices in a small ziploc bag. They are moister and even better tasting after a few hours

Flax,Almond and Blueberry MIM

2-3 TBSP Flaxmeal
2-3 TBSP Almond Flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. SF Almond Torani Syrup (or 2 tsp. Splenda)
1 tsp. butter
1 egg
handful blueberries (I think I put in about 10 berries)

Mix dry ingredients together, add wet ingredients, mix well. Microwave for 1-2 minutes (depending on your microwave) until done.
Serve with butter.
Just like a blueberry muffin :)

TO MAKE YOUR MIM MORE LIKE A CAKE IN TEXTURE:

Add a little more baking powder, add I tablespoonful of cream instead of oil and, very important, add water until the mixture is fairly runny. Not too thin but, say, the consistency of thinnish porridge. THEN microwave for around 1 minute 40 seconds, perhaps a bit more.

Tinker with the amount of water until you have the cake texture you prefer. It is sometimes easier to use ONE egg per two MIMs. That's what I do now.

I just made one that was so like sponge cake!

I do that aswell.. not with cream tho.
come out like choco cake! i make it square in my tubaware then slice in half fill with a lil peanut butter and put it back together line a sandwich then cut in to fingers... Chocolater peanut butter MIM fingers... they last me from 08:30 till 12:00 noon at work! I get 4 slices.

Ha Ha Sona!

The cake-like texture MIMs are so wonderful, you just never feel deprived. We all love cake. Mmmm!

Ooh love this thread, off to Julian Graves/H&B this afternoon to stock up on flaxseed. Starting on Monday & breakfast was a concern as I didn't fancy eating eggs & bacon every morning, but these sound fab & right up my street :D

They are fab, truly! You won't miss 'normal' bread at all, thanks to flaxmeal products. Mmmm.

Ooh love this thread, off to Julian Graves/H&B this afternoon to stock up on flaxseed. Starting on Monday & breakfast was a concern as I didn't fancy eating eggs & bacon every morning, but these sound fab & right up my street :D

Julian Graves has boxes of golden flaxseed on sale at the moment, reduced to £2.99. I will be stocking up, too!

could someone post some pics of what the MIM should look like when done...mine went completely wrong this morning and tasted vile lol

can anyone recommend a replacement for cinnamon? Cinnamon makes me gag....do you think gground ginger would work?

I just leave it out as I don't like cinnamon either

Now ginger I do like, hmmm it'd be like ginger cake - I like the sound of that!

drool!

Back