Ms Shibt's Time to Try a Little Harder

msshibt said:
Thank you for replying!! I must be absolutely blind because I can't seem to find it or I might be looking in the wrong place! I think sleep deprivation does that =)

Ah just realised you won't be able to see my diary cos it's in the silver members section and I think you need 500 posts to access! I can tell you a bit about me instead if you want? x

msshibt said:
Ahh, glad to know I'm not going crazy! I would say sure PM but I can't even do that yet!! Haha. Go for it!

You should have a look at the word games and stuff to be able to increase your post count!
I'm Jo! I'm 33, live in north wales and just rejoined sw for the umpteenth time!! I had a really tough patch and tried a food replacement-successfully lost nearly 4 stone but then past mental issues started to rear their heads and I had to stop. Have had a total rethink of what I want etc an yes it would be lovely to lose weight quickly etc, id rather do it slowly and happily. Plus my boyfriend is on sw so it's easier to cook food we can both eat at his house.
This forum is fab-have a good read through all the sub forums and figure out where stuff is, and also have a read of the various sticky threads at the top. No question is too silly, and 99% of the time someone has already posted about it so if you do a search then you'll be quite likely to find the answer. If you enjoy them, take part in challenges, or just keep yourself on your diary-everyone is motivated by different things.
I also have about 7/8 stone of my 10 stone to lose, having managed to keep off 2 stone of my initial loss from earlier this year!
Anything else you want to know, just ask-I'm quite an open book x

Hi!! Been reading your diary and your food is looking pretty good. X

My consultant said I had 20 Syns per day and as I lost weight they would reduced over time. I feel a bit in the dark, I was pretty much given the book had the basics explained at that was it.

I have heard of this before, with people who have a lot to lose. My consultant has never mentioned it but I've read a few threads on this forum about it. And it makes sense as a person with 10st to lose will need more calories than a person with 3st to lose, and if we eat too little calories our bodies will start to store fat. And we won't lose. I started out at 19st 10 1/2lbs and personally, my consultant never mentioned the more syns thing, I've always been told 5-15 but I think all consultants probably work different ways

You should have a look at the word games and stuff to be able to increase your post count!
I'm Jo! I'm 33, live in north wales and just rejoined sw for the umpteenth time!! I had a really tough patch and tried a food replacement-successfully lost nearly 4 stone but then past mental issues started to rear their heads and I had to stop. Have had a total rethink of what I want etc an yes it would be lovely to lose weight quickly etc, id rather do it slowly and happily. Plus my boyfriend is on sw so it's easier to cook food we can both eat at his house.
This forum is fab-have a good read through all the sub forums and figure out where stuff is, and also have a read of the various sticky threads at the top. No question is too silly, and 99% of the time someone has already posted about it so if you do a search then you'll be quite likely to find the answer. If you enjoy them, take part in challenges, or just keep yourself on your diary-everyone is motivated by different things.
I also have about 7/8 stone of my 10 stone to lose, having managed to keep off 2 stone of my initial loss from earlier this year!
Anything else you want to know, just ask-I'm quite an open book x

Thanks Jo, my partner did SW for 6 months and lost as many in stone, I know I won't be that drastic but I will try my damned to lose it. It's much easier now we both eat the same food (not that I didn't before but I didn't understand the plan so trying to cook low syn when I was ending up giving him syns) as I love to cook I would live in my horrid little kitchen (its being gutted next year and I can't wait!) if I could.

I've started to rake through the forums there is some really helpful stuff. I'm well armed with the search box too. I have joined the November challenge and I also have some activity challenges on Endomondo for walking. I think if I didn't write it down I would really stray, I don't see it as a chore as I like to get things off my chest in a non-verbal way as I find it hard to talk.

I have heard of this before, with people who have a lot to lose. My consultant has never mentioned it but I've read a few threads on this forum about it. And it makes sense as a person with 10st to lose will need more calories than a person with 3st to lose, and if we eat too little calories our bodies will start to store fat. And we won't lose. I started out at 19st 10 1/2lbs and personally, my consultant never mentioned the more syns thing, I've always been told 5-15 but I think all consultants probably work different ways

I think so, I don't plan on using them all unless I can help it (a really crappy day). So much is free I don't think it should be a problem!

Monday-Lunch.gif

Food
2 Small Wholemeal Tuna Rolls with Cucumber (As before HEXB & 3 Syns)
Homemade Tzatziki (Free)
Carrot Sticks​
Drinks
Coca Cola Zero​
Syn Total: 3

Monday-Dinner.gif

Food
Syn Free Chili Con Carne - Onions, peppers, carrots, tomatoes (chopped & passatta), red kidney beans & extra lean mince)
Basmati Rice
2 Plums
Pear
Apple​
Drinks
Coca Cola Zero
500ml Apple & Blackcurrant Squash​
Syn Total: 0

The Days Syns: 8/20

I've had a really rough afternoon, managed to prep dinner fine, disassemble the mobile, get little man weighed, collect the new stuff and feed the cat after waiting for numerous buses that were full of prams already. Then after I managed to get up and get on a bus home stupid late in the afternoon not having lunch until about 2 whilst on the bus.

Just as we get into the city centre hell breaks loose on the bus, I have my headphones in as little man is asleep and it helps to keep me calm and not panic. Bunch of young girls run off the bus then another group, I pull out a head phone to hear someone had kicked two of them - a grown man not a teen youth. One of the girls tells the bus driver and then it kicks off, another lady defends the girls, this guy threatens the lady, pretty much chases her off the bus. People are shouting and cussing each other, little man is still asleep and I'm terrified.

I don't deal well with confrontation or violence I tend to curl up in a ball and cry. The poor bus driver didn't know what to do, ended up stopping people got on and then got off in disgust when they had been told what had happened. I couldn't move, I feel the panic take over, this guy is now sat behind me not knowing what to do I end up calling my other half who is now worried and tell him to talk about something else.

End up off the bus trying to calm down, get on a new bus were the people already knew what had happened on the previous bus and they all ask if I'm okay, bawling away trying to calm down. My poor little boy now crying because I'm upset, I wish I could handle them better and I know I am better than I was before. I need to deal with them quicker for his sake.

Anyway enough drama for one diary entry! Got home calmed down put together my new baby monitors and mobile, wolfed down my lovely chili!

Just popped in to say hello! Well done in planning ahead - hope the chilli was good! X

Eee sorry didn't see this last night it was lush!! Might post my recipe for it when I can remember my spice mix! Even managed to serve myself a reasonable portion without going over board, there is enough for 4 so I've made sure we've had portions that fit that!!

Tuesday-Breakfast.gif

Food
25g Choco Snaps (5 Syns)
HEXA Semi Skimmed Milk
2 Plums, Apple & Pear​
Drinks
500ml Apple & Blackcurrant Squash​
Syn Total: 5

For lunch I'll be out at the in-laws so I'll probably pack up some left over soup or chili to have whilst I'm there and the last of my carrot sticks or chicken wings from yesterday as well. As for dinner ... No clue. I really fancy my Moroccan Chicken One Pot with Lime & Corriander Couscous (only 3 syns!!) - That's if I can find a decent sized Butternut Squash that doesn't cost the earth.

Tuesday-Lunch.gif

Food
Pumpkin Soup
2x Shredded Chicken Wings (Skin removed)
HEXB 2 Slices of Hovis Wholemeal 400g Loaf
Laughing Cow Light Blue - 1 1/2 Syns​
Drinks
250ml Cola 0​
Syn Total: 1 1/2

Tuesday-Dinner.gif

Food
Sw Crispy Chicken - FREE!
SW Roasties
Spicy Baked Beans
Peas & Broad Beans
Mixed Melon
Fat Free Natural Yogurt​
Drinks
2x 500ml Apple & Blackcurrant Squash​
Syn Total: 0

The Days Syns: 6 1/2 /20

WI tomorrow morning, little man will be attending with me dressed as a little skelly as no one would see him dressed up, not like its a major costume just a little romper.

Moroccan One Pot has been put on hold until the 1st when money can be sorted as I'm panicking over my SMP. OH is cooking dinner tomorrow under my guidance, pork steaks (trimmed) with mash and cauliflower cheese with mixed veg.

Little nervous about my WI, would really like to lose a 3 or 4lbs but 1 is still good!

Posting from my phone as I'm on the go all day long! I'll have to tart it up later.

Breakfast
Hexa ss milk
25g choco snaps 5 syns
3 plums
500ml squash

Lunch
Syn free chilli and rice
Carrot sticks and homemade tzatziki
3 plums
Satsuma
500ml squash

So. Had my weigh in this morning with little man dressed as a skelly, we sat right at the front so people had to pass us to check-in and get weighed.

Loads of people said hello and talkers rolling me it's probably the most I've spoken to people I don't know in ages and it was half term so there were a few kids causing noise.

Got on those scales. 4 1/2 lbs off! My household scales lie! Really pleased. I only pledged 4lb loss for the November challenge I'm thinking I should up it, not too ott perhaps to 8lbs?

Just cat sitting then off to hunt down the special offer alpen light bars for my oh and then off to the doctors for lo's immunizations.

Hi hun just found your diary! Well done on your loss that's so good!!
Bet it was nice having people talk to you in class makes you feel accepted :)
Your food sounds good too! Think I'm gonna make chilly tomorro night :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hope you've had a good day-I've been spoilt again, matt(my bf) cooked for me again-3rd day in a row :)
Well done again on your loss this week-I lost 4.5 my first week too :) x Jo x

Sooooo annoyed my internet konked out yesterday pretty much all day, everytime I tried to post it just gave up!! Lucky I write my diary in notepad!

Wednesday-Dinner.gif

Food
Pan Sear Pork Steak (Fat removed)
Mashed Potato
Homemade Cauliflower Cheese (Fat Free Cottage Cheese, NuMe Mature Cheese 25g 3 1/2 and Laughing Cow Light Blue 1 1/2) 5 Syns
Broad Beans
Mixed Melon​
Drinks
250ml Cola 0
1 ltr Orange Squash (Free)​

The Days Syns: 10/20

ARRRRRGH! What an afternoon, little man was amazing! 3 shots, first one a little wimper, second one a little cry and third a little more then leaving the room no more tears. He's such a big brave boy, so proud and to top it off I didn't cry either!!

On the way to the doctors my tank off road buggy got a puncture so what I had planned to do walk wise had to be cancelled and I ended up getting buses which was a little frustating.

Last week I walked 8.84 miles! I think I might try and make that 10.

ThursdayBreakfast.gif

Food
25g Choco Snaps - 5 Syns
HEXA Semi Skimmed Milk - 115ml
3 Plums​
Drinks
500ml Orange Squash (Free)​

I've just noticed that I didn't eat my HEXB yesterday and I'm still not having my full HEXA. I meant to ask my Consultant about mix and match with my HEXA to make sure I have it, might text her and ask!

Last day of cat sitting so no more ferrying back and forth across the city. I really fancy a nice cuddly lamb stewy thing, in the comfort food recipe book it said you can have dumplings at about 4 syns, I'll have to check it out.

Congrats on your WI, you're so focused....well done

Thanks ggmac, if I wasn't focussed I'd already be in the kitchen making something baked! Just writing down a load of the recipes from the 100 Comfort Foods book so I can try some low syn bits and pieces. Work sent me a medium sized T-Shirt and my partner an XL (which is waaay to big for him) so I'm aiming to comfortably be able to wear the XL by the end of the month with any luck!

Back