Ms Shibt's Time to Try a Little Harder

How's your day been hun? I've written down some recipes aswell today I love trying all the new recipes :)
Now it's cold I just want comfort food!
How's your little one doing? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thursday-Lunch.gif

Food
2 Bananas​
Drinks
1.5ltr Diet Coke​
Syn Total: 0

Had a minor blunder this afternoon, the girls at Lush gave me a small vegan banana muffin for sharing my Vegan recipe for Chocolate Brownies as its World Vegan day. I think it worked out at 11 1/2 Syns. Had a crappy lunch, completely forgot to pack up my lunch for cat sitting and ended up sharing my banana with my drooly baby.

Thurday-Dinner.gif

Food
Lamb Casserole (Lamb Leg Steaks (fat removed), onions, carrots, swede, celery, cannelini beans, chopped tomatoes, swiss Veg Buillion, red currant jelly) - 1 Syn
10g NuMe Mature Cheese - HEXA
200g Italfresco Gnocchi - 3 Syns
Grapes​
Drinks
500ml Water​
Syn Total: 4

The Days Syns: 20 1/2 /20

Buahahahaha!! Not as bad as I first thought only 1/2 over, I worked out the syns from the recipe. Very impressed. I've copied loads of the recipes down from the books I borrowed and I'm just writing them up in word for me to flick through easily.

Dinner was lovely, I really love Gnocchi they are just so tasty and low in syns. I threw it all together with the help of the food processor, that thing is the best investment we've made in a while. Made my life so much easier whilst dealing with a screaming child who refused to eat, cuddle or do anything. I'll be glad when this cold goes for him.

How's your day been hun? I've written down some recipes aswell today I love trying all the new recipes :)
Now it's cold I just want comfort food!
How's your little one doing? Xx

Hey chick, I think I'll write up my braising recipes they are sooo good for cuddly comfort and perfect with my favourite thing - GNOCCHI!!

LO had a major grump around feeding time, I think its because he can't breathe properly practically screamed when I gave him calpol =(

Keep this up and you'll fit XL no probs:eek:

Friday-Breakfast.gif

Food
25g Choco Snaps - 5 Syns
HEXA Semi Skimmed Milk - 101ml
2 Bananas​
Drinks
500ml Orange Squash (Free)​
Syn Total: 5

Reading back through my diary looks like I missed my HEXB again!! I need to nip this in the bud soon as I don't want to continue missing things out. I'll be having 2 slices of wholemeal with the last of the lamb casserole (minus the lamb as I only put in 2 steaks), its like a lovely bean soup.

I'm off out in a bit, I could catch the bus to the route I need get too but I'm going to walk to 15-20 minutes then catch the bus rather than getting it all the way. Off to buy baby vests and sleep suits as my son is becoming a giant he's 5 months on Sunday and he barely fits into 3-6 stuff anymore. Oh well it will soon be christmas and I have no doubt he will be spoilt by all.

Last edited:
Hey Jo, all of my plans had been put on hold due to none working cashpoints and my OH being told by his colleagues he's going out to lunch, so I settled for a 2 mile walk and a trip to Tesco to pick up some salad. I shall take the rest of today as a chill out day as I've been out of the house all week.

Any plans for the weekend?! x

Friday-Lunch.gif

Food
Bean stew (Free)
HEXB 2 Slices of Hovis Small Loaf
Laughing Cow Light Blue (Other part of HEXA)
Grapes​
Drinks
Tesco Diet Cola​

Friday-Dinner.gif

Food
Jacket Potato
Syn Free Chilli
Salad - Lettuce, cucumber, tomato, spring onion & Celery
15g NuMe Mature Cheese - 2 Syns
Mullerlight Vanilla​
Drinks
Tesco Diet Cola​
Syn Total: 2

The Days Syns: 7/20

My plans for a good walk and buying baby things completely fell through as did the last plan for a walk. But I did manage my 45 minutes plus for my Bronze Body Magic, did 35 minutes after dropping off my OHs wallet at work and then realising I only had 10 minutes left to finish it I waited for my love to come home and then did the final time.

Feel really good about it, just need to keep it up. Feeling super focussed like I want to beat the clock, harder, faster, better, MORE!!

As of tonight my OH is on call for the first time all week, definitely going to get baby stuff tomorrow and make a lovely low syn lasagne.

Hey hun, congratulations on the loss its a great start. Good for you on working towards your bronze body magic award, you have made me realise that I need to get my backside in gear and get my walking shoes on again, My kids are off school until Tuesday, so once I have dropped them off I am heading off on a nice long walk, I know it always makes me feel great so I have no idea why I stopped :confused:. Ohhh I would love the recipe for the low syn lasagne if you have time, lovely comfort food for this time of year.

I know! I never realised walking would make me feel like this. I managed another 45 minutes on the hunt for baby clothing, and I've planned to join Mums on the Move as of Monday but as its Bonfire Night I will have to follow it up with beautiful serving of Fennel Rubbed Pulled Pork with Apple and Chilli Chutney (10 syns for the whole jar depending on how much apple I put in). Sadly we don't have an awesome fireworks display like we did down south so we'll have to suffice with opening the blinds and watchin V for Vendetta with a blow of air popped pop corn, I might even melt a bit of chocolate and drizzle it over as a treat.

Saturday-Breakfast.gif

Food
HEXB 2 Slices of Hovis Wholemeal Small Loaf
Poached Egg
Baked Beans
Half a piece of Gammon (Fat Removed)
2 Plums​
Drinks
2x 500ml Squash​

Saturday-Lunch.gif

Food
Rice
Leftover Chilli
Mullerlight Vanilla​
Drinks
3x 250m Diet Cola​

Feeling pooped now, tomorrow is my day of rest with my OH. He's oncall so I can't plan anything that would abandoned my little man just incase he gets a call.

Roast chicken, with roasties, red cabbage with apple, roast parsnips and carrots and mashed swede. Might evenget some recipes of my own up tomorrow, depending how my lasagne tastes. I love cooking!!

OH took my before pictures for me this morning, I HATE having my picture taken especially full body pictures. I have crazy morning hair and spots all over - less than glamourus but that's why its the before!

Sorry if I ramble on in these posts, its nice to get stuff off my mind (even if no one reads it).

Posting from my phone as I can't be bothered to turn on my laptop.

Dinner
ForumRunner_20121103_223028.png
Lasagne homemade and syn free using my Hexa on milk and cheese
Potato wedges with my southern style seasoning
Salad
Asda prosciutto half a pack 2 syn
Diet cola

Just watched a few films with my love, it's been lovely even if little man was a bit grumpy.

Might make some chocolate drizzled popcorn for Monday with a couple of squares of choc and a funsize mars bar. Not sure need to work out the syns.

Anyway time to curl up in bed with the cat and OH.

Aww sounds like a lovely day!! And that lasagne looks great!! :)
I think you will have another good loss this week!!
I like cooking too and there's so many recipes to try on this diet it's great!! :)
That mums on the move sounds great!! Be good way to meet new people too :)
I need to take jack to more baby things as don't no anyone with babies! I have a lot of friends with my ds1 but he starts preschool next week!! How time flies!!

Well have a good day today :) what are your plans? Xx

I'm going to try and post a recipe a day on my blog.

That's the plan, meet some new people in a similar situation hopefully that will help my anxiety too. My, my! I was looking back at the pictures from when he was born and cried he's growing up so fast!

Well any plans for today have been scuppered, just had a paramedic over and they've taken my OH to hospital and I can't get there as no room in the car and I've given him my bus ticket (no cash). Silly man was sick all night and now has some coconut stuck in his throat, loves to give me heart failure. Feel a bit useless sat here but I can't really do anything whilst I'm there, just need to keep my head in a good place and he'll be home in no time.

Was planning on a roast but not so sure that's a good idea now.

My food today is a little screwed up. Didn't have breakfast due to being on the phone to the ambulance.

Lunch
Lasagne
Hexb 2 slices of hovis wm small
Hexa laughing cow light blue

My heads all over the place. Little man has spent most of the day in his cot while I try and pull myself together and not eat my way through the fridge. I feel sick with worry even though I know he's in the best place and he's being looked after.

Crazy stupid love.

My food today is a little screwed up. Didn't have breakfast due to being on the phone to the ambulance.

Lunch
Lasagne
Hexb 2 slices of hovis wm small
Hexa laughing cow light blue

My heads all over the place. Little man has spent most of the day in his cot while I try and pull myself together and not eat my way through the fridge. I feel sick with worry even though I know he's in the best place and he's being looked after.

Crazy stupid love.
Oh dear hun, that is so scary I hope all is OK and you are holding up whilst waiting for news sending you hugs, will check in later to see how things are.

Thanks Ruthie, I think he's just waiting to be discharged now. Might do some housework to try and take my mind off it. Being so far away from family makes dramas like this so much harder to deal with, you don't realise it until everything goes wonky.

aww hun, I hope you are OK it must be so hard especially when you have a baby to look after. How is OH, did he get discharged? I hope he is at home safe and well xx

All discharged, sat next to me on the sofa comatose from not sleeping all night. Glad he's home even if he's not with it.

Managed to roast my chicken and some potatoes but couldn't be bothered with the rest after today, even carved the chicken removed all the skin and sat there staring at the pile of it thinking how lovely and tasty it was, then picked it all up and put it in the foil with the carcass and threw it in the bin. All of it. Feel quite good about it.

Sunday-Dinner.gif

Food
Roast Chicken Leg and Wing Shredded (Skin Removed)
SW Roast Potatoes
Salad - Lettuce, tomato, cucumber, spring onion, celery & carrot
4x Seafood Sticks​
Drinks
2x 500ml Squash​

The Days Syns: 0/20

My food has been really messed up today, so I just need to knuckle down and stick at. More veg and fruit needed.

Last edited:
Wow I missed this today! Glad OH is home and discharged! Must have been scary for you!
Was he choking then?
Where do your family live? Have you moved for work?
Don't worry about the food you'll claw it back!' Xx

Back