Munkypooh- I don't NEED to be a size 10 really....

Hi I think you are working towards a more realistic weight at 9st 7lb and on your ticker your BMI at 9st was a bit scarily low which was why I was asking you your height. I didn't want to offend by just blurting it out.

Hope today went well and I am sure you are going to look great by your birthday, agree that maintenance is vital x

Right....I'm being a real useless muppet at the moment, cheating and going well over my cals.
I am writing on here as proof to myself (and anyone else reading my ramblings!!) that I promise I will get back on track tomorrow....here's the promise for tomorrow -

1- I will not exceed 1100 calories on Saturday.
2- I will go to the gym for at least an hour.
3- I will help my boyfriend to the gardening (good exercise :))
4- Non-diet related....I will finish assesssing my group's GCSE coursework!!

Please feel free to check up on me on Saturday night and give me a good telling off if I've not done this!!! I need it!! :whoopass:

I promise I will tell the truth :angeldevil:

The first thing I did today was read icemoose's newsletter, so hopefully that will help keep me on track! It was definitely just what I needed topic-wise!

angry_baby_head.jpg

As an artist, I tend to work in visuals.....
This picture explains my current frame of mind.....
:drool:

pmsl, love that pic, just says it all!

got past breakfast and lunch ....still behaving myself.... :wavey:

big question!

Here's a question....

Should I stop weighing myself?

The main thing that demotivates me and makes me break my diet is poor losses and gains. Sometimes when I feel slimmer and weigh myself I find I've actually gained and am demoralised by it, would I be best to just completely ignore the scales and carry on. As long as I'm following the plan 100% I can't be gaining long term can I?

I've already set November 29th as my end-date, no more dieting after that, whatever the end result, so I'm considering not weighing myself again until then.....

Opinions please!!

Don't weigh yourself. If you have the discipline to abstain, then abstain. The scales are a huge motivator / demotivator in the slimming world.

I think I will go for it and stop weighing.
When I finally weigh in on my birthday it doesn't matter what the result is, because that is my end point. I only need to know what I weigh then so that I can calculate my maintenance properly.

Here goes 50 days without weighing!!!
:scale::innocent0001:

Please feel free to check up on me on Saturday night and give me a good telling off if I've not done this!!! I need it!! :whoopass:

I promise I will tell the truth :angeldevil:

Have you done all of these yet? LOL not gave anyone a good telling off yet so please lets keep it that way.

Well.....
1 - Only had 1015 cals. :)
2 - Missed gym opening hours as I was gardening all day. :whacky068: Don't feel too naughty though as I was really busting a gut digging and weeding, so had loads of exercise!!
3 - Yep, gardening ALL day. :)
4 - As previously mentioned gardening ALL day! My boyfriend arranged to go fishing tomorrow with his Dad for a few hours, so I changed my plans to do the assessing then, and spend more time with him today. :hug99:

I know that essentially means I have only actually met 50% of my targets :eek:.....but I think I have had a really positive day, and am back on the right track.

I achieved number 1, and didn't break my diet, which was the important thing really....:innocent0002:

Thank you Tara!

I'm going to start my assessments now...... If I get them done quickly I might even have time to go to the gym before boyf gets back from freezing at the side of a river!

What a cr*p day.... :sigh:
My boyf's couple of hours fishing has turned into..well he went out at 10am and there's still no sign of his return!
......and my "couple of hours assessing coursework" is now into hour 8 :eek: and I'm only half-way through...:sigh:
Considering that I'm part-time and only officially work 2.5 days a week, this is blooming ridiculous :badmood:

Ok, off topic whinge over.....

What a cr*p day.... :sigh:
My boyf's couple of hours fishing has turned into..well he went out at 10am and there's still no sign of his return!
......and my "couple of hours assessing coursework" is now into hour 8 :eek: and I'm only half-way through...:sigh:
Considering that I'm part-time and only officially work 2.5 days a week, this is blooming ridiculous :badmood:

Ok, off topic whinge over.....

Oh Thats A Bugger bout the bf and 8 hours of Cousework!
Sounds like your doing well.
I have decided not to weigh myself for a whole month, so hopefully that goes well.
Would hate to be the same, or to gain!

Whinge away, I would be feeling the same after your day. The problem with the assessing is you want to do the best for the kids so you end up giving away a lot of your own time.

Perhaps you could spend the next half hour thinking up some good punishments for OH, especially if he has enjoyed himself x

Oh Thats A Bugger bout the bf and 8 hours of Cousework!
Sounds like your doing well.
I have decided not to weigh myself for a whole month, so hopefully that goes well.
Would hate to be the same, or to gain!

Good luck for the month off from weighing :)
I hope, like me, it will help keep you focussed on the achievement of sticking to the plan, rather than the fickle rewards of the scales!! :scale:

Whinge away, I would be feeling the same after your day. The problem with the assessing is you want to do the best for the kids so you end up giving away a lot of your own time.

Perhaps you could spend the next half hour thinking up some good punishments for OH, especially if he has enjoyed himself x

He didn't catch ANYTHING all day! :sign0151:...punishment enough!

I definitely want to do my best for the kids, that's the real reason it's taken so long! At least I'm starting early this year and not leaving it all till exam time!! I think this will be my last year teaching so I especially want everyone to do well if they are my last group!

You got plans to do something else then? It is a real stressful job at times so I admire your dedication x

Well I'm part-time now, as I do my own artwork (I'm an art teacher).
Trouble is...I don't ever really switch off! Even on weeks when I don't have evenings or weekends physically doing work, my mind is on work, or I'm emailing etc.
I calculated in the past that I've often done 60 hours per week, when I'm only paid for 15 hours!!!

Having had a chat about things with OH, I may well be having a year or two out to try and make my break into the art world! Then see what happens after that!
I have been teaching now for 5 years, and although I do know I do a good job, I've probably known for 4 years that it wasn't really my "true calling". I know I can always go back if things don't work out, but I think I'll regret it later in life if I never really try to do what I feel is right for me.....phew, that all got a bit meaningful for a moment then!

Have you experienced the joys of teaching too?

Back