My journey to slim and happy...

Enormity of the task ahead is indeed scary :( I actually had 6 stone to lose this time (which I was in denial about for a while...!), 2 down, 4 to go.
But I'm tricking my brain - I'm setting my goals purposefully higher than I want so that the chunk doesn't look so big. I'll be adding in that last 1 stone when I am low enough for it not to daunt me... if you know what I mean... My goal here says 10st 5, when in reality it's actually 9st 5.

There's also the smaller ticker to my first big goal (BMI 30) which is the first one I see before the one below it. It only says 14lb to go! Not scary. :)

Like Lou said (which I've said in a longer and over-complicated way.. sorry :p) break it down into smaller chunks, trick your brain, set small goals, even VERY small at the beginning, that way you'll feel like you've achieved something.

x

Thanks ladies. That's what I'm planning to do. Part of me knows that I feel this way because its only day 3 and I haven't had any measurable successes yet. Once the weight starts coming off I will definitely feel much better about this (not that I feel bad now but you know what I mean).
Denial. Yes. That devil. I think I used to live in one too. I thought oh it's just a few pounds here and there. No big deal. To make matters worse I live quite a healthy lifestyle 90% of the time. I do a lot of juicing and I workout a lot. This gave me a false sense of security. I started to think that I can get away with the odd treat because I will burn it off. The trouble with that is that it so easily gets out of control. One bar of chocolate becomes 2,3,5. A glass of wine becomes a bottle because you lose sense of perspective. You kid yourself that you'll be fine anyway. And then you wake up one day weight a bloody 100kg!!

Day 4. Full on busy as I work in retail and Saturdays are mad...
Despite the weather I'm feeling rather positive. Just struggling with the bloody water. It sends shivers down my spine every time I reach for that water bottle.
Oh well. Gotta be done.
Going back to the gym tomorrow after a week's break. I'm a little worried my workouts will hinder the weight loss as I go really hard at the gym. Might have to have a word with my PT and confess I'm on a TFR program. He'll kill me because you know how they are. They're against it.
Just gonna have to work around it I guess..

Will you even have the energy to work out as hard while on plan? if you can, go for it. it may "hinder" weight loss but it isnt really...its so good for you! i didnt have much energy at all while I was on SnS. It was about all I could do to keep up with my kids and do a bit of laundry and the dishes. lolol x

Will you even have the energy to work out as hard while on plan? if you can, go for it. it may "hinder" weight loss but it isnt really...its so good for you! i didnt have much energy at all while I was on SnS. It was about all I could do to keep up with my kids and do a bit of laundry and the dishes. lolol x

I'll give it a go but I will def tone it down a little. I used to go hard for 2 hours 4-5 a week so there's no way I could keep up that.

Anyway. Day 4 nearly done. I'm on my way home from work and I'm tired and hungry!!!!!
I have one more pack to have and then I think I will have a nice hot bath with some essential oils as my back is killing me!
I could kill for a massage!!

Morning everyone. I woke up today feeling ravenous. I can only hope I'm just thirsty after the night as I shouldn't feel the hunger on day 5. Well I have some water and maybe a coffee before I have my breakfast.
I prefer having my first pack as late as possible cause I do get hungry later on in the afternoon.
I'm tempted to weigh myself but I won't. I'll wait till my first official weigh in on weds.
I woke up at 5 am today and that was it. I couldn't go back to sleep for ages.
Really weird as I'm a very good sleeper normally. I can only put it down to the diet..
Oh well here's to a another 100% day :)

I'm at the end of week 12 and I still do get hunger pangs every once in a while - it's normal! Sometimes it's thirst, sometimes it's emotional, sometimes it's just because I've thought/seen/smelt something delicious... and sometimes... wait for it... it's real hunger! Yes. It's very possible to get real hunger, this is normal, your body's telling you that you need food. It thinks it's starving (which it is essentially) - at 700 calories per day it's not getting enough. BUT that's the point of the diet, that is why (most) people lose the weight so quickly. :)

I usually have my breakfast at 11am, lunch at 3pm and dinner at 8pm ... it works for me, so find what sort of routine works for you. Hot drinks do help with hunger pangs, so I have a lot of coffee.

Remember you can have a can of diet soda with no citric acid in it - the "bubbles" can help fill you up as well. ;)

-
You're nearly at the end of week 1! Woot! 2 more days to go :)

x

Day 5 done and dusted. Feels like I've been on the program for much longer though. Guess that's a good thing :)
Went to the gym for the first time in week today. Did a circuit and an express spin. I def have less energy than normal which was to be expected. I mean I did ok but I didn't push myself as much as I usually do. The class instructor has had a soft spot for me for ages now and today he finally asked me for my number :)
I'm not sure if I'm ready to date again but I gave it to him anyway. You never know right ;)

OoooOOoooo how exciting :D Even if you aren't quite ready to date yet (provided he's worth the time?) it'd still probably be quite nice to go out and have some fun... though the flip-side of that, is that it could make your classes that much more awkward... lol...

Either way, day 5 is over, well done on the exercise... nearly a week in and you'll be able to check your W1 results soon! :D

So I've been up since stupid o'clock and not been able to go back to sleep. And today's my day off! Grrrr!!!
Def not normal to me so I can only put it down to the diet.
Thank God for minimins lol!
I've managed to catch up with everyone's diaries and update mine and its only just 7.30!
Soo..
Day 7 (!) and I feel great!
Work has been crazy recently as its the end of our financial year so lots to do. Been in the process of doing appraisals. It's a looong and tiring task. 21 people, 21 different personalities, circumstances, action plans etc
It massively drains me each year..
Diet wise all is good. Still 100% and not really having any difficulties with it. I struggle with water but trying to work on it.
The guy from the gym texted me yesterday and after a few texts back and forth he went quiet on me. I realise its only been a day but the way it makes me feel just proves to me that I am not ready to start dating again :(
I went through hell last year as the guy I've been with for 3 years turned out to be a compulsive liar. When I miscarried our child he disappeared off the face of the earth and I've never heard from him again. I've moved the earth to try and track him down and when I did I found out he's been using a false identity and basically lying to me for 3 bloody years! Living that lie and believing in his own bs at the same time.
Sick and mentally disturbed doesn't even come close!
Anyway. For that reason I find relationships with men very strained to say the least. I struggle to trust them and invest my feelings into anything new.
Somehow being on this program has exposed all those emotions even more. Maybe because I don't have all this food to hide them behind.
Well lets hope this will be a positive thing which will help me with the recovery process.
On a lighter note. Weigh in tomorrow and I can't wait! I'm nervous because I've resumed my workouts on Sunday but hoping they won't affect my weight loss too much.
Have a good day everyone! :)

So I've been up since stupid o'clock and not been able to go back to sleep. And today's my day off! Grrrr!!!
Def not normal to me so I can only put it down to the diet.
Thank God for minimins lol!
I've managed to catch up with everyone's diaries and update mine and its only just 7.30!
Soo..
Day 7 (!) and I feel great!
Work has been crazy recently as its the end of our financial year so lots to do. Been in the process of doing appraisals. It's a looong and tiring task. 21 people, 21 different personalities, circumstances, action plans etc
It massively drains me each year..
Diet wise all is good. Still 100% and not really having any difficulties with it. I struggle with water but trying to work on it.
The guy from the gym texted me yesterday and after a few texts back and forth he went quiet on me. I realise its only been a day but the way it makes me feel just proves to me that I am not ready to start dating again :(
I went through hell last year as the guy I've been with for 3 years turned out to be a compulsive liar. When I miscarried our child he disappeared off the face of the earth and I've never heard from him again. I've moved the earth to try and track him down and when I did I found out he's been using a false identity and basically lying to me for 3 bloody years! Living that lie and believing in his own bs at the same time.
Sick and mentally disturbed doesn't even come close!
Anyway. For that reason I find relationships with men very strained to say the least. I struggle to trust them and invest my feelings into anything new.
Somehow being on this program has exposed all those emotions even more. Maybe because I don't have all this food to hide them behind.
Well lets hope this will be a positive thing which will help me with the recovery process.
On a lighter note. Weigh in tomorrow and I can't wait! I'm nervous because I've resumed my workouts on Sunday but hoping they won't affect my weight loss too much.
Have a good day everyone! :)

I had something old and wise to say to this earlier when I read it... first of all - like I said in my diary - well done on reaching (and ending) day 7! :) Your next goal is day 21... they say habits begin to harden by then, so packs won't be a chore anymore and thought of food... merely a fading memory.

I have to say, when I read about your guy experience, I was shocked... how can people like that exist? So morally vacant? ... What is wrong with people... I understand that starting anything new with someone else will be a very daunting experience, but... as hard as it is to believe, not all men are like that... I think that level of douche-baggery is actually quite rare. It's not much of a comfort, but most men are fairly simple folk.
Being cautious is not a negative - I don't know you, but I'm betting you're a lovely lady. I can see you're kind and caring from your posts and I'm sorry life had dealt you such a sh*tty card. But, even though I'm an extreme pessimist most of the time, I do believe that bad things sometimes happen for a reason. Whenever awful things have happened to me, something better happens as a consequence. I do believe in fate. Be good to others and it will come back to you. Just keep the hope and keep believeing. :)

I did say a few posts ago that this diet will take you on a roller-coaster of emotions... things will come up that are buried deep inside, but I believe you're strong and will get through. Remind yourself that you are worth the fight.

x

I had something old and wise to say to this earlier when I read it... first of all - like I said in my diary - well done on reaching (and ending) day 7! :) Your next goal is day 21... they say habits begin to harden by then, so packs won't be a chore anymore and thought of food... merely a fading memory.

I have to say, when I read about your guy experience, I was shocked... how can people like that exist? So morally vacant? ... What is wrong with people... I understand that starting anything new with someone else will be a very daunting experience, but... as hard as it is to believe, not all men are like that... I think that level of douche-baggery is actually quite rare. It's not much of a comfort, but most men are fairly simple folk.
Being cautious is not a negative - I don't know you, but I'm betting you're a lovely lady. I can see you're kind and caring from your posts and I'm sorry life had dealt you such a sh*tty card. But, even though I'm an extreme pessimist most of the time, I do believe that bad things sometimes happen for a reason. Whenever awful things have happened to me, something better happens as a consequence. I do believe in fate. Be good to others and it will come back to you. Just keep the hope and keep believeing. :)

I did say a few posts ago that this diet will take you on a roller-coaster of emotions... things will come up that are buried deep inside, but I believe you're strong and will get through. Remind yourself that you are worth the fight.

x
Thank you so much for your kind words. It definitely was one of the weirdest and most traumatic years in my life. I'm working on trying to put it behind me. I'm getting there. The very fact I can talk about it is a massive progress!
Yes. I agree the program seems to expose ones feelings even more. I try to look at it as a positive thing.
Despite of what happened to me, I have not lost faith in finding a good man, however I know it's way too early for me. I'm still grieving and healing. I know deep down inside the right time will come but it's not now. Now it's time to concentrate on me. Me me me me me :)
On that note its my first weigh in and I lost 8lbs! Happy with that given the fact I've been exercising and weight training so body is retaining water.
:D
Second day off today (I'm working through Easter) so I'm planning to do some house work and then pop to the gym for a quick body pump class.
In the evening I'm going to see a play with my best friend which should be nice. I don't go to theatre often.
Have a good day ladies :)

Last edited:
8lbs is fantastic!!! Well done!! Keep at it! :)

Thank you Hun! Feeling great today. Just finished a killer workout. Now I'm headed home for a quick shower and then I'm off out to see a play.
Time to get cultural lol

The guy from the gym has been texting me but I don't like the sound of those texts. It's pretty clear what he's after.
Nah.
I'm good :) ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1364392095.482076.jpg

I agree, gym guy seems to be a waste of time - however, still take it as a form of flattery, the fact that he does find you attractive, regardless of motive ;) Hee hee.

x

Back