My journey to slim and happy...

Hello!!!!!
Feels like I haven't updated this for ages. I've been so busy with work though. It was the end of financial year for us so lots to sort out, finalise, etc.
I worked through Easter (apart from Sunday) which I was ok with. Being busy keeps me out of trouble lol
So I have two days off now. I was hoping to finish decorating my bathroom but bloody homebase failed to deliver my order despite stating it was going to arrive today...
Oh well... I've cleaned the house from top to bottom instead ;)
Gym was great this morning. I can see slow progress with my shape as I work out so I'm in good spirit :)
Diet wise I'm still going strong. Not tempted to cheat in the slightest (I don't consider adding extra proteins on my workout days cheating). I do however worry a little about my periods. I've had 3 in nearly a month. I've had a few days 'off' in between each lot but otherwise it's been pretty much constant.
It's the first time I came on after the miscarriage I had in July and its the first time since I've been on an injection so nearly a year (yes I fell pregnant while on injection :()
I'm hoping this will settle in the next few months but being on the program and bleeding so much makes me really tired. On Sunday I literally slept the whole day...
Otherwise nothing to report. Not heard from the gym guy again. I think he got the message. I hope so anyway. It will be awkward to see him on Sunday though as I go to his circuit classes..
Oh we'll we will see.

Hope everyone is cool..

Oh. And second weigh in is tomorrow!!! #eek

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1364918056.109797.jpg
Found this on Pinterest.
So true!

Ooooh wishing you a FANTASTIC Wi tomorrow!! I know you'll do well. :D

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your periods, that can't be nice. :( Have you been to the doctor's to sort it out? The mini-pill worked for me to regulate it all... My periods had completely stopped due to my stint on VLCD's before, and it re-balanced the hormones.... . Maybe it could be a good move for you? It keeps monthlies predictable which is always a plus. :)

Enjoy your days off - find a little time to relax among all that decorating! ;)

x

Hey honey.

Ive had problems with my periods since I was around 17. Theyre heavy and excruciating and frequent. I was on the combi pill for ages but recent changes in NHS guiidelines have made it so that I cant be on it anymore due to my BMI and my age (ack! Im only 34!)....so they pretty much said I could have the implant in my arm (NO!) or the coil (double NO) or the depo jab (hmm. i dont think so) or the mini-pill. So I gave the mini-pill a go for 3.5 months. It started out with my having a period pretty much NON-STOP for about 3 months. I had a day or two or three between. Then this last month(ish) Ive had NOTHING. Until about 3 days ago I started to spot SO lightly it almost didnt count. But...Ive decided to go off them completely. because i think that it causes my migraines and it definitely caused me to have terrible spots. Ugh. So Im going to take a chance and go without anything for a while. It will be a first (other than during pregnancy) since I was about 18/19! I would definitely go to the doctor and see what your options are. They may be able to give you something to sort it out. Im not entirely sure if the lack of a period over the past month was down to the mini-pill or the VLCD.

I hope you get sorted! xx

And I cant wait for your WI results tomorrow!! :D xxx Yay!!

Thanks girls.
The gp said it may take up to a year for my periods to go back to normal so I'm not too worried just yet about having them irregularly, I'm worried about how it makes me feel when I'm on the diet. I'm constantly tired and lack energy.
If it doesn't settle down within a month I will pay my gp a visit again.
One thing's for sure. Never ever again will I go on a depo jab. One they don't work (for me at least), two they make you put on weight, three they completely mess up your system.
No thanks.

Hope everyone is having a good day so far. I've just made myself a nice coffee and will have it with a bar.
#bliss

I was so worried about having the jab, for those very reasons. I had a feeling that would be the case and seeing as the mini-pill and the depo jab are, in my gp's words "about the same thing, just administered differently (same hormone)" and the mini-pill didnt agree with me....Im glad i didnt have it. :/

Morning.
Weigh in today. It appears I've lost 3lbs this week. I was kinda hoping for 4-5 but it is what it is :)

Body pump this morning then movies in the evening with bestie.

Hope everyone has a good day :)

3lbs is good!!

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1365000998.227839.jpg
My lunch.
Went a bit creative and experimental.
Half a courgette grated, handful of sliced mushrooms topped with SnS mild curry mixed with half a pack of zero noodles. Went a bit naughty and topped it with one triangle of extra light laughing cow.
Put all under the grill for 10 minutes and bobs your uncle.
Technically still within the program but soooo much more yummy than just plain pack with veg.
I don't plan doing this kinda thing with packs every day but as a treat.

:)

Last edited:
You can get them in holland & Barrett and they're £1.65 a pack but at the moment they have buy 1 get 1 half price offer on. I use half a pack with a meal but only as a treat. Even though technically it has zero of everything I don't want to get into the habit of relying on them. They're not bad actually :)

Lol the North East isn't backwards, there'd be lots of places. Holland and Barrett do them for £2 in store and online. You can also get them from chinese shops, they call them konjac noodles and would be cheaper.

You can get them in holland & Barrett and they're £1.65 a pack but at the moment they have buy 1 get 1 half price offer on. I use half a pack with a meal but only as a treat. Even though technically it has zero of everything I don't want to get into the habit of relying on them. They're not bad actually :)

Brilliant...I will have a look. My local one is very small but I will check there first. Does the other half a pack keep for long? :)

I am soooooo hungry today! I'm scared I've knocked myself out of ketosis yesterday as I'm pretty sure I had too much milk.
Must tighten up my diet for the next few days to make sure I'm burning fat nicely.
Work was super busy today. Same tomorrow.
On my way home to have my last pack of the day.
Can't bloody wait... lol

Hi count me in, I also lost 7 stone doing LL and was maintaining until I was diagnosed with breast cancer, had a massive op, chemo and the medication resulted in me getting pensioned off from my work as I couldn't sit at a desk all day. Last week on reaching about 18 stone made me think its about time I got my act together and got this weight off again, I found the S&S diet by accident but glad I did, so started my journey yesterday. I also said when I lost all that weight that I would never be in that situation again, but you never really know what is in front of you do you, so you and me both have done it before and we will do it again. Isobel x

Hi count me in, I also lost 7 stone doing LL and was maintaining until I was diagnosed with breast cancer, had a massive op, chemo and the medication resulted in me getting pensioned off from my work as I couldn't sit at a desk all day. Last week on reaching about 18 stone made me think its about time I got my act together and got this weight off again, I found the S&S diet by accident but glad I did, so started my journey yesterday. I also said when I lost all that weight that I would never be in that situation again, but you never really know what is in front of you do you, so you and me both have done it before and we will do it again. Isobel x

Hi and welcome! :)
Wishing you the best of luck on your journey.
I'm sorry to hear you having been well but happy you're on the mend now :)

Don't be scared about feeling a bit hungry every once in a while.. I feel hungry sometimes too.. it's normal.. Just your body trying to tell you that either a) you've seen/smelled something tasty... b) thought about something tasty .. c) had some stress/emotional response... or d) you're genuinely hungry.

Ketosis doesn't stop hunger... but makes it feel more manageable somehow.

x

Back