NEW Kays Soup Challenge - OCT to MAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kay,

Please note I'm on a rest day tomorrow. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

...err let me see now ... only if you've kept me some soup ! :D xx

UPDATE - for SAT DAY 6 OF CHALLENGE :)

THE GET FIT CYCLE - DAY 6

Today is a GREEN/EE day. You are allowed one carb meal and the other meal must be your carb free Soup. Today you must do 30 mins of exercise minimum. 2 Litres of water to drink minimum. 10 syns allowed maximum.

THE TURBO CYCLE - DAY 6

Today is a GREEN/EE day. You are allowed one carb meal and you must have x2 bowls of Soup.. Today you must exercise for 1 hour. 2.5 Litres of water to drink min and max. 10 syns allowed if you need them

Posting Sundays up now too :D.

UPDATE - for SUN - DAY 7 - LAST DAY OF CHALLENGE :clap:

THE GET FIT CYCLE - DAY 7

Today is a RED Day. No carbs are allowed. You must have protein and fibre in your meals. You must have one Soup as a maincourse for the day. Today is a Rest Day, no exercise.. 2 Litres of water to drink minimum. 10 syns allowed maximum.

THE TURBO CYCLE - DAY 7

Today is a RED day. No carbs are allowed. You must eat protein and fibre only. You must have x2 bowls of Soup (carb free) today. Today is a Rest Day, no exercise. 2.5 Litres of water to drink min and max. 7 syns allowed maximum

1.DATE: 20/11/14
2.CYCLE : Get fit
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: 4
4. PLAN: Green
5. WATER INTAKE: 2 L
6. CARBS TODAY: Pasta
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: 30 mins Walk
8. TOTAL SYNS/TREAT CALS: 10
9. SOUP: Veg Soup

1. DATE: 21/11/14
2. CYCLE : get fit
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: 5
4. PLAN: red
5. WATER INTAKE: 2L
6. CARBS TODAY: None
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: none
9. SOUP: Veg soup

Hi Kay, Here is the plan for Tinkerbelly. Take care, Sue xx

1.DATE: 21/11/14
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: 5
4. PLAN: Red
5. WATER INTAKE: 2 ltrs
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: 30 mins Just Dance
8. TOTAL SYNS/TREAT CALS: 2
9. SOUP: Chicken and vegetable

Hi ladies,

Here's the recipe from one of the SW magazines. It week it a little and add a bit extra stick as otherwise it's a bit salty. If you don't want so much fluid, maybe just add less fish sauce

1L chicken or veg stock (1.75L)
4 banana shallots, thinly sliced (1/2 red onion)
2 large red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped(2 Padi with seeds, I love spice)
25g fresh ginger, cut into thin thin matchsticks
2 kaffir lime leaves (I have made it with and without and both nice)
3 tbsp Thai fish sauce
1 lemon grass stalk, very finely chopped (smashed and removed before serving)
Juice of one lime
Pinch of sweetener
250g shiitake mushrooms (I add an extra 100g button too, I love mushrooms )
I green pepper, thinly sliced (yellow)
250g peeled raw tiger prawns (I've also made with chicken or just veggies, all good)
2 heads of Pam choi, quartered (4 heads)
200g dried thin egg noodles (flat rice noodles when not on the soup challenge)
4 spring onions cut into slivers, to garnish

1. Put stock, shallots, red chillies, ginger, lime leaves, fish sauce, lemongrass, lime juice, and sweetener in a large pan and bring to the boil. Cover, reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 8-10mins.

2. Add the mushrooms, peppers and prawns and cook for 3-4 mins, or until prawns are cooked through. Add pak choi and cook for 1 min until wilted.

3. Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to packet instructions, drain and rinse. Divide between 4 bowls. Ladle the soup over the noodles, and serve garnished with spring onions.

Note, if I making a large batch I don't add the noodles or the oak chit until serving as they will easy become over cooked.

Hope you enjoy ladies!! Let me know :) xx

Hi Kay, Here's Tinks update, Sue

1.DATE: 22/11/14
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: 6
4. PLAN: E.E.
5. WATER INTAKE: 2 ltrs.
6. CARBS TODAY: Small amount of pasta
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: Wifit Just dance
8. TOTAL SYNS/TREAT CALS: 6
9. SOUP: Minestrone soup

1.DATE: 22/11/14
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: 6
4. PLAN: Green
6. CARBS TODAY: Boiled Rice
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: 30 mins Walk
9. SOUP: Tomato Soup

UPDATE - SUN 23/11/2014

Reporting your results tomorrow - Results spreadsheet will go up at a new time of after 6PM :)

Please remember to weigh yourself first thing in the morning before you eat or drink anything for this challenge. Also, please can you all make sure you have posted your loss and achievements by 6PM tomorrow. This is because I will need time to collate all the data and do the spreadsheet in the evening when I return from work. If anyone reports their loss after this time, then I will not be able to add their loss to the spreadsheet till the next day :rolleyes: so please bare this in mind . Thanks everyone. :)

Kay xx

UPDATE - SUN 23/11/2014

THE RESULTS SPREADSHEET FOR TOMORROW

ACHIEVEMENTS AFTER THE CHALLENGE :p

In the results spreadsheet which I will post up tomorrow with the group loss, there is a section on `Achievements after The Soup Challenge ' . When you report your losses to me tomorrow, please be aware we are not just celebrating the loss but also if you have entered a new stone bracket or if the loss has made you achieve a new stone award. Please make sure you mention this when posting your results, this is very important :).

Kay

UPDATE - SUN 23/11/ 2014 :D

The Next Soup Challenge ...

I am taking a break with the challenge this week, so the next one I will run will be on Monday 1st December. If anybody would like to join, please start adding your names to the list in the post I am about to put up :).

Kay xx

The Soup Challenge W/B Mon 1st December 2014 :D:D:D

If you would like to join The Soup Challenge W/B Monday 27th October, please copy paste this post and add your name below ;) :-

Here is how everyone did on the challenge previously :p:p

Kay xx

Right ladies I'm moving on now to update my other thread, for those of you posting late tonight, I will catch up with your posts tomorrow evening ;).

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE FOR TOMORROW ! :party0049::party0049::party0049:
HOPE YOU ALL DO SMASHING ! :party0011::party0011::party0011:

KAY XX

And Tinks last one for the challenge

1.DATE: 23/11/14
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: 7
4. PLAN: Red
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: Rest Day
8. TOTAL SYNS/TREAT CALS: 8