New Mummy - Trying to keep on SW track!!

Anyone who has recently given birth and is still sore it a achy invest in some arnica tablets from holland and barest they are excellent plus you can take if Brest feeding they will really help with bruising, muscles aches etc :)

I'm the same Hun my joints ache like crazy plus I've noticed a few burst blood vessels In my legs from the excess weight! I want around 6 stone ish off too ideally by Xmas or the majority of it by then! Been following SW last week I got back on it and list 10lbs in my first week but I was and still am full of water :/ so about a pound will be fat I reckon!! But like you I darnt lose it too fast I was half and half whether to do a vlcd again I'm not going to yet but think once I get down to a stone or 2 to go then I might but at the mo I'm just enjoying eating loads if fruit and veg! I'm eating and drinking better than I've done in years plus walking so I feel great! Poppy is doing fab too she's over 8lb now :) she's going longer between her night feeds so I'm getting some sleep thank god :) it's amazing how a couple if hours kip really spurs you on! Ha! Poppy is a night person too though she's got a growing spurt on, sleeps, eats and poops during the day then at about 7pm boom it's wakey wakey time for a few hours! How did your first day go back on plan? X
First day on plan went really well but second went downhill after a trip to the shopping centre. Today I have been on plan but it has been so hard because i am craving choc but i havent so far given in but the night is young lol. Well done on losing that 10lbs i'm sure you'l get that weight off in no time. I might consider doing a vlcd after 12 weeks for a month if my appetite hasnt calmed down because i am always hungry and never satisfied unless i am eating junk but the vlcd for me will be a last resort because i feel so left out of everything when i'm doing it that it gets me really down. We have atlast got a name for our daughter and we are calling her Emaan which is a Arabic name meaning faith. So good to hear that Poppy is putting on weight nicely and 8lbs is nice as atleast you can feel your holding a baby. My little madam at her 5 day check had dropped to 5lbs12 and is so small its like holding a feather, need to fatten her up lol x

Hi girls how are u all doing?

Husband is back to work today so I am officially back to sw.....let's see how I get on :)

Today's plan is as follows:

Breakfast - magic porridge made with strawberry muller light with grapes

Dinner - going to have a pasta sauce using my hea of milk and salad

Tea - saving my 15 syns as we have hot and spicy chicken wings from aldi and no idea of syn value there. Doing it with my crispy new potatoes I do....that is onion, garlic, cayenne pepper and the new potatoes roasted in the oven with fry lite. Also will have a salad with it

Snacks if needed - apple and syn free yoghurt

First day on plan went really well but second went downhill after a trip to the shopping centre. Today I have been on plan but it has been so hard because i am craving choc but i havent so far given in but the night is young lol. Well done on losing that 10lbs i'm sure you'l get that weight off in no time. I might consider doing a vlcd after 12 weeks for a month if my appetite hasnt calmed down because i am always hungry and never satisfied unless i am eating junk but the vlcd for me will be a last resort because i feel so left out of everything when i'm doing it that it gets me really down. We have atlast got a name for our daughter and we are calling her Emaan which is a Arabic name meaning faith. So good to hear that Poppy is putting on weight nicely and 8lbs is nice as atleast you can feel your holding a baby. My little madam at her 5 day check had dropped to 5lbs12 and is so small its like holding a feather, need to fatten her up lol x

Hey Hun how's it going? Has little lady started gaining weight? Poppy lost loads too at her check up so we had to feed her ever 2 hours little and often 2-3 ounce she soon got through it! It was very tiring and draining for us though as she didn't want to feed she was so sleepy all the time!ive started JUDDD diet! I need weight off quicker I'm getting down in the dumps it's basically SW 4 days a week and a vlcd on 3 days so will see how it's goes I have my check up Friday :) x

Hi girls how are u all doing?

Husband is back to work today so I am officially back to sw.....let's see how I get on :)

Today's plan is as follows:

Breakfast - magic porridge made with strawberry muller light with grapes

Dinner - going to have a pasta sauce using my hea of milk and salad

Tea - saving my 15 syns as we have hot and spicy chicken wings from aldi and no idea of syn value there. Doing it with my crispy new potatoes I do....that is onion, garlic, cayenne pepper and the new potatoes roasted in the oven with fry lite. Also will have a salad with it

Snacks if needed - apple and syn free yoghurt

Hiya hope your sw day went good today x
My hubby is going back to work tomorrow so will be getting some sort of routine back in my life. So far i have been on and off sw but i will get there once all my hormones have calmed down because i am like a mad woman right now just cant seem to control my temper! Oh never mind it wont last forever just hope i dont do more stupid things like i have done today! x

Hey Hun how's it going? Has little lady started gaining weight? Poppy lost loads too at her check up so we had to feed her ever 2 hours little and often 2-3 ounce she soon got through it! It was very tiring and draining for us though as she didn't want to feed she was so sleepy all the time!ive started JUDDD diet! I need weight off quicker I'm getting down in the dumps it's basically SW 4 days a week and a vlcd on 3 days so will see how it's goes I have my check up Friday :) x
Hey its going up and down here and unfortunately hubby and children are bearing the brunt of the down times! My mood swings usually calm down around the 2 week mark so hopefully all will be calm here and i can make it up to my children. Little madam has started to become a little bit more demanding which is a good thing because i would have to force to have her milk. On her day 10 checkup she hadnt put on enough weight so she hasnt been discharged from the midwives yet but fingers crossed she would have gained enough by thursday when they will come to weigh her again so that we can be discharged from the midwifes. Hope your doing well on JUDDD, i'm not doing so well on sw but i'm not gonna push myself yet as i'm a bit of a hormonal mess! x

Hiya hope your sw day went good today x
My hubby is going back to work tomorrow so will be getting some sort of routine back in my life. So far i have been on and off sw but i will get there once all my hormones have calmed down because i am like a mad woman right now just cant seem to control my temper! Oh never mind it wont last forever just hope i dont do more stupid things like i have done today! x

Hey hun

Yes gone good today ate everything above apart from the apple but had a sneaky bag of aldi version of French fries (60kcal) so will just have 10 syns tomorrow.

Plan tomorrow is the same breakfast and lunch and tea is homemade chicken and veg kebabs on sticks with salad and bulgar wheat.

Ooh hope ur OK and today's stupid thing u said u did wasn't too bad? Your husband is bound to be patient with the hormonal part. I was blubbering the other day myself haha.

Rosie is 17 days old now but seems like she might have reflux :-( projectile vomiting after bottles....not good.

X

Confession time, i gave away all my girls books to the charity shop when i caught them ripping one again and all their jewellery when i found broken bits. I just went a bit mad but now that i have calmed down i feel so bad and will be spending many weeks and loads of money on replacing them, stupid me! My husband says he doesnt have 4 children but 5! x

Hey hun

Yes gone good today ate everything above apart from the apple but had a sneaky bag of aldi version of French fries (60kcal) so will just have 10 syns tomorrow.

Plan tomorrow is the same breakfast and lunch and tea is homemade chicken and veg kebabs on sticks with salad and bulgar wheat.

Ooh hope ur OK and today's stupid thing u said u did wasn't too bad? Your husband is bound to be patient with the hormonal part. I was blubbering the other day myself haha.

Rosie is 17 days old now but seems like she might have reflux :-( projectile vomiting after bottles....not good.

X

My oldest had reflux aswell and was given baby gaviscon. I didnt trust the doc (wish i had) and didnt give it to her but i have heard it is really good. Also sometimes the formula milk doesnt suit baby and they vomit after bottle, my first was on sma gold and she would vomit every bottle. When i had my second daughter i was told to give her any formula apart from sma as loads of babies didnt get on well with it because it was very rich so i gave my second daughter aptamil, son aptamil comfort and this baby aptamil and it seems to suit them x

Confession time, i gave away all my girls books to the charity shop when i caught them ripping one again and all their jewellery when i found broken bits. I just went a bit mad but now that i have calmed down i feel so bad and will be spending many weeks and loads of money on replacing them, stupid me! My husband says he doesnt have 4 children but 5! x

Ooh dear....but its easily done I threaten molly with throwing out her toys as she constantly leaves her playroom and in fact the whole house in a complete mess and sometimes refuses to tidy up....never actually come it thou haha. Xx

My oldest had reflux aswell and was given baby gaviscon. I didnt trust the doc (wish i had) and didnt give it to her but i have heard it is really good. Also sometimes the formula milk doesnt suit baby and they vomit after bottle, my first was on sma gold and she would vomit every bottle. When i had my second daughter i was told to give her any formula apart from sma as loads of babies didnt get on well with it because it was very rich so i gave my second daughter aptamil, son aptamil comfort and this baby aptamil and it seems to suit them x

Molly had it and gaviscon worked wonders. And they both had sma gold....maybe changing formula might be an idea? However have propped up bed, whilst feeding she's propped up and burped after every 30ml and not allowing her to have anymore than 3oz in case her stomach is too full....so far she's kept all her bottles down during the night. Yey!! X

Molly had it and gaviscon worked wonders. And they both had sma gold....maybe changing formula might be an idea? However have propped up bed, whilst feeding she's propped up and burped after every 30ml and not allowing her to have anymore than 3oz in case her stomach is too full....so far she's kept all her bottles down during the night. Yey!! X

Yeyyy for keeping those bottles down, fingers crossed she will keep most of them down. If it doesnt improve it could be the milk because i remember my first daughter would throw the whole bottle up if she had too much whereas my other 3 children who had aptamil would only throw up that extra bit if they had too much and not the whole bottle but do get advice from your health visitor about it (hopefully your health visitor wont be as useless as mines!). x

Well today my mood has calmed down a lot but i feel angry because i had a visit from the health visitors today and one of them was really rude and unfortunately will be seeing them a lot more as they also be coming to weigh Emaan everyweek until her weight picks as they are treating her as a pre term baby as it says on my notes her weight is that of a 36+6 week baby and not 40 week baby. Plus had a phone call from my sister saying that they have picked up a growth in my mums lungs during a routine check as she was diagnosed with breast cancer 2 years ago. She was given the all clear last year so this new growth is really worrying and i really pray its nothing serious and just damage from her radiation treatment. Needless to say sw was not the first thing on my mind today.

Well today my mood has calmed down a lot but i feel angry because i had a visit from the health visitors today and one of them was really rude and unfortunately will be seeing them a lot more as they also be coming to weigh Emaan everyweek until her weight picks as they are treating her as a pre term baby as it says on my notes her weight is that of a 36+6 week baby and not 40 week baby. Plus had a phone call from my sister saying that they have picked up a growth in my mums lungs during a routine check as she was diagnosed with breast cancer 2 years ago. She was given the all clear last year so this new growth is really worrying and i really pray its nothing serious and just damage from her radiation treatment. Needless to say sw was not the first thing on my mind today.

Aww hunnie I hope that your mum is OK, thoughts are with your family at this time....and your right....sod sw!! Haha

As and I generally have a dislike for health visitors, find them to be hipocrites telling u off for doing certain things with your children when behind the scenes their children still use dummy's at 5 or bottles instead of beakers/cups. Take what they say with a pinch of salt xx

Really hope all's ok wif yer Mammy hun, never worry bout SW at times like these x

I'v no experience of health visitors myself, sposed 2 b avin a pre-baby home visit from mine this Thurs morning (if baby manages 2 stay in til then! lol!). She wasn't overly pleasant on the phone when makin the appointment (told me off 4 still bein at work after 32wks - EH!?!?!?!?), but if she's anything like my m/wife then she'll not b much use 2 me! lol!

Last edited:
Safia hope all is ok, thinking about u and your family. Xx

I have so far been on plan since Monday YEY just sticking to EE at the moment. Hopefully i can maintain and stay in the zone over the weekend. X

Hello ladies :)

I cant believe Millie is 11 weeks tomorrow! Time is flying by.

Went back to SW 10 days ago and im already down 6lbs yay!! Need a 2.5lb loss this week and have until Wednesday to do it!

Hello ladies :)

I cant believe Millie is 11 weeks tomorrow! Time is flying by.

Went back to SW 10 days ago and im already down 6lbs yay!! Need a 2.5lb loss this week and have until Wednesday to do it!

Wow well done hun that's amazing loss...was that in the first week or the whole 10 days? How much in total do u want to loose and are u sticking to EE days mostly? X

Wow well done hun that's amazing loss...was that in the first week or the whole 10 days? How much in total do u want to loose and are u sticking to EE days mostly? X

I lost 1.5lb before joining sw then I lost 4.5lb in my first 6 days on plan and first WI. I'm down another 1lb this morning and wi is Wednesday. I like to do extra easy but there are times if I know I have plans I tend to have a calorie count down instead x

I lost 1.5lb before joining sw then I lost 4.5lb in my first 6 days on plan and first WI. I'm down another 1lb this morning and wi is Wednesday. I like to do extra easy but there are times if I know I have plans I tend to have a calorie count down instead x

Yes i sometimes keep track of my calorie intake as well especially when you havent got much to loose until at target as its very easy to over eat on sw isn't it. I am hoping for a good first loss this week to set me up then i am happy with hopefully 2lbs but 1lb would be ok. I want to be at target for xmas that's for sure but also got a long weekend break away in October as well.

I lost 22lbs in 9 days after the birth of Rosie and then maintained at 11/7lbs so need to loose 1stone 5lbs to be back to what i weighed at my 6wk pregnancy booking in app with midwife. Would then ideally like to be in between 9/7lbs to 10lbs and at 5ft 8 that should be about right for me x

Back