Step 1 Sole Source New Starts

I've just had my second weigh-in. Only six days this time, as my CDC is away tomorrow. Drumroll, please... Another 6lbs off! I'm really happy with that, as I actually thought it would have been a bit less - a pound a day is pretty good! The piggy bank will be £6 richer tonight. That makes a stone in two weeks, so I'm stoked.

I know it will slow down from here on in, but a great start is good motivation, right?

I've get a few of the crunchy bars in this week to try, so I'm looking forward to a bit more variety, but to be honest I'm quite enjoying the stuff I've been having. A shake for breakfast/lunch, soup or porridge for tea, and a hot chocolate for supper. Love the hot chocolate!

Hope everyone else has a good weigh-in.

I've just had my second weigh-in. Only six days this time, as my CDC is away tomorrow. Drumroll, please... Another 6lbs off! I'm really happy with that, as I actually thought it would have been a bit less - a pound a day is pretty good! The piggy bank will be £6 richer tonight. That makes a stone in two weeks, so I'm stoked.

I know it will slow down from here on in, but a great start is good motivation, right?

I've get a few of the crunchy bars in this week to try, so I'm looking forward to a bit more variety, but to be honest I'm quite enjoying the stuff I've been having. A shake for breakfast/lunch, soup or porridge for tea, and a hot chocolate for supper. Love the hot chocolate!

Hope everyone else has a good weigh-in.

6lbs, that's brilliant, well done!!Good on you! It's my WI tomorrow but don't think I'll
Have such a big loss at TOTM due Thursday I'm like clockwork! Well done. Let me know what you think of the bars!

Hiya. How did your weigh-in go? Some of the bars are pretty good. I've tried the lemon yogurt - yum! And the mint choc is pretty good, too. Definitely the lemon!

Hiya. How did your weigh-in go? Some of the bars are pretty good. I've tried the lemon yogurt - yum! And the mint choc is pretty good, too. Definitely the lemon!

Hiya! I lost 3lb, think I would have lost more if it wasn't for TOTM but I'm still pleased! I was looking back at my old Weight watchers card and it took me 6 weeks to lose 11lb so can't complain with 2 weeks! I really like the lemon but I tried the chewy choc and thought it was gross, lol! How are you getting on? When is your next WI? X

Well done ladies. An excellent first couple of weeks xx

Hiya,

Just saw your reply, for some reason my notification emails see to be going into my spam folder. Must get that sorted.

As fas as I can make out, 3lbs is good on a TOM week. I don't think I'll have lost 3lbs this week as my TOM is due, too - well it's already overdue, but we'll see what happens.

Lookingforwardtogetting another outhouse lemony bars this week,though. They are good. I've only tried the crunchy ones so far, and most of them were quite nice - not really a fan of the cranberry ones, though.

Best of luck for tomorrow.

Hiya,

Just saw your reply, for some reason my notification emails see to be going into my spam folder. Must get that sorted.

As fas as I can make out, 3lbs is good on a TOM week. I don't think I'll have lost 3lbs this week as my TOM is due, too - well it's already overdue, but we'll see what happens.

Lookingforwardtogetting another outhouse lemony bars this week,though. They are good. I've only tried the crunchy ones so far, and most of them were quite nice - not really a fan of the cranberry ones, though.

Best of luck for tomorrow.

Ah let me know how you do! I love the lemon bars but I'm not sure if they might be slowing down my weightloss. But we'll see, moment of truth tomorrow!! X

Ladies, I've just found this thread and love what I'm hearing. I'm absolutely loving the £'s for lbs idea, I'm afraid I may have to borrow that idea and maybe put it in a terramundi pot so hubby can't dip into it, lol. Well done on your weight loss to date ladies...I'm 3.5 weeks in and 12.5 lbs down after a wee wobble off track but back on with gusto now. Bring it on :). Good luck on your journeys ladies.

Well done guys, really pleased for you both, what a great start xxx

Yay! Well done you!

I lost 3lbs this week, which I'm pretty happy with seeing as I got my TOM this morning. Just munched another lemon yogurt bar for my lunch. Kinda wish I'd got a couple. ;)

I've been living off the tetras or bars for brunch at work, followed by soup or porridge for tea and a hot chocolate at night. It's all good so far, but still not decided how long I'll stay on SS for. I'm also going to have to think about what to do over Christmas and New Year - I guess we'll all need to plan for that.

I've got my work's Christmas dinner on 13th, so that'll be the first meal in a while. I've had a look at the menu, and I'm planning to go for something very low carb. We'll see how it goes - it's not for another ten days, but I guess forewarned is forearmed.

Hope everything keeps going well for you, too.

Well, 4lbs off this week, which puts me into the 13s! I'm definitely happy about that, especially as I had a very wee bit of pizza last Thursday. We were invited round for tea, and I decided to have a wee slice - about half the size of a normal slice. Anyway, it obviously didn't do too much harm, so that's ok.

I've got my work Christmas dinner on Friday night, so that'll be more food, but I'll cross that bridge next Wednesday when it comes to weigh-in.

How has this week been for you?

Well, 4lbs off this week, which puts me into the 13s! I'm definitely happy about that, especially as I had a very wee bit of pizza last Thursday. We were invited round for tea, and I decided to have a wee slice - about half the size of a normal slice. Anyway, it obviously didn't do too much harm, so that's ok.

I've got my work Christmas dinner on Friday night, so that'll be more food, but I'll cross that bridge next Wednesday when it comes to weigh-in.

How has this week been for you?

Ah well done girl!! Especially with the pizza!

I had a very odd week. I only lost 1 lb, I have no idea why! I didn't cheat once! But I lost loads of inches and my clothes are much much much looser. Hmmm?! Also have the migraine from hell today almost like I'm going into ketosis again. When I was testing for keto last week I was only showing very pale purple almost like something was reducing the ketosis and I have a feeling I might have been going over my 200ml skimmed milk? Anyhoo I'm defo back in keto and in gear for hopefully a big loss this week!

Keep strong at your work 'do and try to make the best decision you can - would be the best accomplishment to keep losing even over Xmas. Well done at being in the 13's!! I bet you are reaaaaally feeling it now! Xx

Could just be one of those fluke things - I'm pretty sure I only list my lbs in the last couple of days, so you may well shed it over the next couple of days.

Work do should be ok, I hope. We're going to a Brazilian place, and I'm planning to have a dish that's dried prawns (?), coconut milk, nuts and spinach. Seems pretty low carb, even if the coconut milk is quite high fat. I'm also going to have stir fried green veg rather than rice. It still may knock me out of ketosis, but that's the price you pay, I guess.

Where did you get your ketosticks? I think I may get some.

Kind of apprehensive about The two weeks over Christmas, as my parents are here, and we'll be having a meal with my sister and her family, Christmas dinner with my folks and Boxing Day with my husband's brother and his partner. Then it's back home to Ireland for my cousin's wedding, which is happening on the 27th.

Lots of food, so just planning to stay as low carb and high protein as possible. Hopefully that'll help, but I'll just have to get back on plan ASAP.

What are you planning for over the festive season?

Good luck at today's weigh-in!

Could just be one of those fluke things - I'm pretty sure I only list my lbs in the last couple of days, so you may well shed it over the next couple of days.

Work do should be ok, I hope. We're going to a Brazilian place, and I'm planning to have a dish that's dried prawns (?), coconut milk, nuts and spinach. Seems pretty low carb, even if the coconut milk is quite high fat. I'm also going to have stir fried green veg rather than rice. It still may knock me out of ketosis, but that's the price you pay, I guess.

Where did you get your ketosticks? I think I may get some.

Kind of apprehensive about The two weeks over Christmas, as my parents are here, and we'll be having a meal with my sister and her family, Christmas dinner with my folks and Boxing Day with my husband's brother and his partner. Then it's back home to Ireland for my cousin's wedding, which is happening on the 27th.

Lots of food, so just planning to stay as low carb and high protein as possible. Hopefully that'll help, but I'll just have to get back on plan ASAP.

What are you planning for over the festive season?

I'm really sorry I completely missed your post! Thanks for your encouragement I'm really happy with a 4lb loss this week esp after last week's measly 1lb(I know a pound is a pound but I was bit gutted!)

I got my ketostix from chemist but I've used all 50 hahahaha!! Need to get some more. How are you getting on? Sounds like a challenge for you over Xmas but nothing you can't handle eh? :)

I don't celebrate Xmas so I get off a bit more easily than everyone else, planning on totally staying on plan!! Xx

Well done on 4lbs this week! That's amazing. I didn't lose this week, but I'm actually really happy with that as I had two dinners out (Fri and Sat). I'm just happy I didn't put anything on!

I got two weeks worth of food this week, as obviously my CDC isn't going to be coming round on Christmas Day, so , although I've got a few 'eaty' days coming up, as I mentioned before, I'll have a bit of time to start making it up again afterwards.

Well done you for planning to be on plan the whole time - even without celebrating Christmas, I reckon it must be difficult - there's so much temptation around this time of year!

Here's to the next week or two!

Well done on 4lbs this week! That's amazing. I didn't lose this week, but I'm actually really happy with that as I had two dinners out (Fri and Sat). I'm just happy I didn't put anything on!

I got two weeks worth of food this week, as obviously my CDC isn't going to be coming round on Christmas Day, so , although I've got a few 'eaty' days coming up, as I mentioned before, I'll have a bit of time to start making it up again afterwards.

Well done you for planning to be on plan the whole time - even without celebrating Christmas, I reckon it must be difficult - there's so much temptation around this time of year!

Same here- 2 weeks til weigh in and trying not to let that make me be naughty!!

Keep up the good work :)

How are you doing? Have you survived Xmas? :)

Hiya,

Now it's my turn to apologise for missing your post! I just had my first weigh in since the week before Christmas (which seems like an age ago!). I went off plan for about ten days over the festive season, so I've been back on plan for about another ten. I'm dead happy to have lost 7lbs over that time! (I definitely put on when I was off plan, but that seemed to go pretty quickly as soon as I was back on!)

The upshot of that is that I've now lost two stone in total over the eight weeks since I started! Woohoo!

I'm going away for work tomorrow, and there'll be a dinner out as well as breakfast and lunch the next day, but I'm not to stressed about it - wise choices are the important thing. I don't feel like I'm cheating, as I think it's important not to get into the mindset that you are denying yourself, as that can make the diet seem like a punishment, and food like a reward - and I guess we all know that's not a healthy frame of mind to be in.

I'm thinking of trying the mix-a-mousse next week - and my CDC just told me that they've just brought out creamed rice, which could be a good one to try.

How about you? How have you been getting on? Once again I'm really sorry I missed your post - I must have switched notifications off by mistake or something.

Back