Step 1 Sole Source New Starts

I was out to Asda today to buy some freezer bags, and got reeled in by their sale on clothes.

As the sale was so good, I thought I would buy some clothes for a wee bit further down the line. Basically, I have clothes in size 8/10/small 12 up in the attic, and I have my clothes that fit me now at about size 16 (some of them still 18), but I have nothing in between. While I was working my way up the sizes as I as putting weight on I pretty much refused to buy new clothes, and wore leggings and big chunky jumper dresses until they were worn out. With that in mind, I bought some work clothes in size 14, thinking there was no point in even trying them on yet, as they would definitely be too small - I've only recently reached size 16.

However, I decided to try on a couple of items when I got home, as I wasn't too sure whether I'd keep them all and I was so pleasantly surprised to find that a lot of them fit me now! I'd still prefer to lose a smidgen more before wearing them, because I quite like my clothes to be a bit loose, but I could definitely wear them if I wanted without people looking at me and thinking I was wearing clothes that are too wee for me. Yay! The new influx of clothes has also prompted an outflux, and I got rid of a bunch of stuff that I love, but never want to fit again!

I also fit into a pair of jeans I've not fitted in well over a year, if not almost two years!

Happy days!

I was out to Asda today to buy some freezer bags, and got reeled in by their sale on clothes.

As the sale was so good, I thought I would buy some clothes for a wee bit further down the line. Basically, I have clothes in size 8/10/small 12 up in the attic, and I have my clothes that fit me now at about size 16 (some of them still 18), but I have nothing in between. While I was working my way up the sizes as I as putting weight on I pretty much refused to buy new clothes, and wore leggings and big chunky jumper dresses until they were worn out. With that in mind, I bought some work clothes in size 14, thinking there was no point in even trying them on yet, as they would definitely be too small - I've only recently reached size 16.

However, I decided to try on a couple of items when I got home, as I wasn't too sure whether I'd keep them all and I was so pleasantly surprised to find that a lot of them fit me now! I'd still prefer to lose a smidgen more before wearing them, because I quite like my clothes to be a bit loose, but I could definitely wear them if I wanted without people looking at me and thinking I was wearing clothes that are too wee for me. Yay! The new influx of clothes has also prompted an outflux, and I got rid of a bunch of stuff that I love, but never want to fit again!

I also fit into a pair of jeans I've not fitted in well over a year, if not almost two years!

Happy days!

That is the best feeling ever!!! :) :) :) brilliant!! Xx

Well done to you it's really lovely hearing others succeeding and staying focused it keeps me on track. I'm really struggling though today to get my shakes and soup (veg) down. It's day six now and my appetite has gone you guys were right time flys away at work and drags at home. Would it be bad if I missed a shake or soup

Well done to you it's really lovely hearing others succeeding and staying focused it keeps me on track. I'm really struggling though today to get my shakes and soup (veg) down. It's day six now and my appetite has gone you guys were right time flys away at work and drags at home. Would it be bad if I missed a shake or soup

Hiya. I wouldn't miss any meals if I were you. It takes all 3 to get your RDAs of vitamins, minerals etc. I've occasionally found myself almost forgetting to have my third meal, but then I just whip up a hot choc and bam! Goes down a treat. I also read a on a thread somewhere on here that someone's friend only did two packs a day, and her weight loss actually slowed down, and she just didn't look healthy. Not sure which thread it was in, but a quick search should find it.

How do you time your meals and what do you have when you're at work?

I try spacing my meals when at home at about 9 2 and seven. It's just when at work some days I'm lucky to get coffees and my water in. I've ordered some premixed shakes for whilst I'm where so I can just get them straight out of my bag. Haven't got them yet as it's weigh day today so should get them this evening.

Well done Reen! It feels good, doesn't it?

I hope you find fitting the tetras a little easier than shakes and soups. Next week you can try some of the bars, too.

Thanks I've still got another 36lbs to go but it's a kickstart I've just got to stay focused . What step are you on and how quickly do you move through them? X

Thanks I've still got another 36lbs to go but it's a kickstart I've just got to stay focused . What step are you on and how quickly do you move through them? X

I'm still on SS and I'm not sure when I'll go up to Step 2. I've been wondering about when I should go up and how quickly someone should move up the steps. My initial thoughts are that I'll move to Step 2 when my body starts telling me it's time to. I've read that ketosis gets a bit harder on some people as they near their target, with hair thinning etc., and I don't really want that. Another option is that I'll just wait 'til I've done 12 weeks straight on SS (I had 10 days off over Xmas/New Year, so I've only been SSing for 4 weeks since then) and just move up to Step 2 then.

As for working up the steps, I'm thinking a month each on 3,4 and 5 might be ok, but I have nothing whatsoever to base that on, just a guess.

I think I want to lose another 3-3.5stone, but I'll find out at weigh-in tomorrow how much closer to that I am. I had an eating weekend last weekend, as I was up at my sister's in Aberdeen, so I don't expect a big loss, but hopefully something...

Will be weighing in on a Friday. Had a nanna shake for breakfast which was fine and have just made rice pudding so will see how that is! How much have you got to lose? I know what you mean about work, there's always cakes and things flying around at mine too but you can do this! I just keep reminding myself that if I don't do this now I will still be as fat tomorrow so I NEED to do it now x

Good luck for tomorrow!

Just had my weigh-in and lost 5lbs. Yay! It's been nine days this week, though, as I usually weigh-in on a Wednesday evening, and next week will only be six days.

That puts me at 2lbs away from 3 stone! Exciting! :D

I'm starting Wednesday! Been on lipotrimf or 6 weeks so am already in ketosis....So excited to try so,e different flavour shakes/soups and bars :) any recommendations? And how do you make it hot chocolate? I put hot water in my shaker bottle, shook it up and it exploded hahaha

I'm starting Wednesday! Been on lipotrimf or 6 weeks so am already in ketosis....So excited to try so,e different flavour shakes/soups and bars :) any recommendations? And how do you make it hot chocolate? I put hot water in my shaker bottle, shook it up and it exploded hahaha

Hiya. I really like the leek and potato soup, and the apple and cinnamon porridge. I also love the hot chocolate - I put hot water in a Pyrex jug and use a hand blender to mix it. I also sometimes use the chocolate mint shakes for hot choc, made with peppermint tea instead of hot water. Someone on this forum recommended it, and it's great. The bars are nice, too - I'm personally not fond of the cranberry one.

How has lipotrim been for you? What sort of losses were you getting and how come you've decided to change?

I'm attending a family gathering tonight so I've had my last soup and for the rest of the night it's water í ½í¸

Hope there's not been to much temptation thrown your way tonight.

Good luck for this week you'll have to let me know. Which is more tasty lipotrim or Cambridge. I like the spicy tomato soup so far and the chocolate shakes but I've got a sweet tooth hehe

Well last night couldn't have gone better I drove drank water fed the little one when the buffet was open just had to keep thinking do I want to eat a cake or slim down I chose slim down x x

Back