Newbie - if I'm going to do it I'm going to do it right! Food diary!

Jacket potato with cheese (hex1), baked beans and side salad for lunch, going to have my favourite for dinner ... Syn free chilli, rice and wedges with salad! Yummy! Had a cheeky Cadbury fudge earlier, the boyf bought it for me for doing well on slimming world and when I said its chocolate I can't eat it he said its in your daily syns, I've checked! Lol! Love him! xxx

WI this morning at home ... 3lbs off :) super happy with that! Was adamant I was having a STS week :) given me a right confidence boost for the diet again this week, happy happy happy :) xxx

your WI today isn't it Ali? Good luck! :girlpower: xxx

Well done hunni... Soo happy for you!! I put 2.5 lb on this week. Totally gutted. But it's my own fault.

Well done hunni... Soo happy for you!! I put 2.5 lb on this week. Totally gutted. But it's my own fault.

Just seen on your diary about the gain, but like you said, LINE DRAWN! :) We can all fall off track and beat ourselves up, or we can fall off track, know exactly why and just pick ourselves up and carry on, which is what I'm glad you're doing :) you can do it this week! I sense good things :) xxx

Need to update my actual food bit of my diary to keep myself on track!

For dinner last night I had chilli, filled with onion, red pepper, green pepper, whole cherry tomatoes, and mushrooms, stuffed into a sweet pepper with some boiled rice, a side salad of lettuce, cucumber and more cherry toms, and a handful of SW spicy wedges :) yummy!! I had a glass of milk as my hex2 if the day!

For breakfast this morning I had all bran (hex1) with semi skimmed milk (hex2). Stuck for what to have for lunch seeing as I've now used both my hex's today and am having jacket potato for my dinner with the left over chilli ... uh oh! A bit if thread searching for ideas I think ... ! xxx

Need to update my actual food bit of my diary to keep myself on track!

For dinner last night I had chilli, filled with onion, red pepper, green pepper, whole cherry tomatoes, and mushrooms, stuffed into a sweet pepper with some boiled rice, a side salad of lettuce, cucumber and more cherry toms, and a handful of SW spicy wedges :) yummy!! I had a glass of milk as my hex2 if the day!

For breakfast this morning I had all bran (hex1) with semi skimmed milk (hex2). Stuck for what to have for lunch seeing as I've now used both my hex's today and am having jacket potato for my dinner with the left over chilli ... uh oh! A bit if thread searching for ideas I think ... ! xxx

How about an omelette??

Had a sneaky Freddo with a cup of tea earlier ... synnage!! Hehe! xxx

So the boyf has apparently used the last of the eggs for fried egg sandwiches for himself and the 2 youngest this morning ... need to go shopping so not much in for lunch so I've resorted to a large bowl of strawberries and FF natural yogurt to tide me over for a while! If I get hungry before dinner then I'll have a rethink but hopefully I won't! xxx

So the boyf has apparently used the last of the eggs for fried egg sandwiches for himself and the 2 youngest this morning ... need to go shopping so not much in for lunch so I've resorted to a large bowl of strawberries and FF natural yogurt to tide me over for a while! If I get hungry before dinner then I'll have a rethink but hopefully I won't! xxx

I've just had a lovely syn free lasagne mmmm

I've just had a lovely syn free lasagne mmmm

Syn free lasagne?! Yum!! I need this recipe! Lasagne is one of my favs but sooo cheesy when I used to make it! We had left over chilli on a jacket with a roasted half sweet pepper each and salad, was bloody lovely :) xxx

So, for breakfast I had toast (hex1) with a scrapping of butter and a scrapping of jam (synnage!) annoyed with myself because I usually like to keep my hex's and syns for later on but the boyf had toast and the smell was too much to resist! Bugger! xx

Hiya I'm new to all of this so I hope I do this right :((( I've just started SW too a couple of wks ago couldn't get my head around it all but finally woke up 1 day & said to myself right I've got to do this, I'm on extra easy although still trying to get my head around it all, so I thought if I join this group I would get some ideas on how & what to eat or where I'm going wrong too. I need all the help I can ATM

wendy

Hiya I'm new to all of this so I hope I do this right :((( I've just started SW too a couple of wks ago couldn't get my head around it all but finally woke up 1 day & said to myself right I've got to do this, I'm on extra easy although still trying to get my head around it all, so I thought if I join this group I would get some ideas on how & what to eat or where I'm going wrong too. I need all the help I can ATM

wendy

Hi Wendy!! Welcome! What are you stuck on? Any advice I can give I will :) xxx

Had a banana as a snack before lunch, and had a small jacket potato with cheese (hex2) and salad xxx

Hi gem, i can't get used to the syns & everything :/ I'm sticking to the extra easy meals but seem to eat I'm a big eater but have confusions about it all & counting suyns cba with all that :))))) I have lost 4lbs since the wkend so must be doing something right lol

Hi gem, i can't get used to the syns & everything :/ I'm sticking to the extra easy meals but seem to eat I'm a big eater but have confusions about it all & counting suyns cba with all that :))))) I have lost 4lbs since the wkend so must be doing something right lol

Hi Wendy!! Welcome..

The syns might seem confusing at first but once you get your head around the plan it will all fall into place. You will soon get to learn syn values and know them off the top of your head. I use the 1 syn for every 20 calories rule alot but i always round it up. It is always better to over estimate than under.

Good luck!! :eek:

Morning all!! Wendy, hope Ali explained it well enough for you ... she explained it loads better than I could of! Hehe!

Went to my parents house with the kids last night as they have dinner there on a Thursday with all their cousins ... I was sooooo good!

Offered me a chip butty - 'no thanks',
Opened up a big iced fruit cake and sliced the whole thing up - 'no thanks',
Had a big box if biscuits open for the kids to munch on - 'no thanks'

Go me!!

Had dinner when we got home, I had an Asda Vegetable Grill (6syns), mash potato with a splash of milk and some chives, a big pile of carrots, broccoli and cauliflower, with a drizzle of gravy (synnage!)

Then half a Cadbury Twirl, kept the other half in the fridge for another day :) xxx

Morning all!! Wendy, hope Ali explained it well enough for you ... she explained it loads better than I could of! Hehe!

Went to my parents house with the kids last night as they have dinner there on a Thursday with all their cousins ... I was sooooo good!

Offered me a chip butty - 'no thanks',
Opened up a big iced fruit cake and sliced the whole thing up - 'no thanks',
Had a big box if biscuits open for the kids to munch on - 'no thanks'

Go me!!

Had dinner when we got home, I had an Asda Vegetable Grill (6syns), mash potato with a splash of milk and some chives, a big pile of carrots, broccoli and cauliflower, with a drizzle of gravy (synnage!)

Then half a Cadbury Twirl, kept the other half in the fridge for another day :) xxx

Oooh check you out!!! Thats brlliant well done hun. X

Oooh check you out!!! Thats brlliant well done hun. X

Thank you! when the boyf picked me and the kids up I was so pleased with myself I was bursting to tell him! Lol! xxx

Had a grapefruit with a sprinkling if sweetener for breakfast this morning with a cup of tea (I always syn the milk for 1/2 a syn for each tea so I'm using some of my syns for the day without feeling the need for choc every night! Hehe!)

Had a banana at about 11am, I very nearly had the other half of my Cadbury Twirl but I decided I can treat myself after dinner later if I feel the need for a choc hit :)

Had an omelette (thanks for the idea Alison!) for lunch with some sliced red pepper, sliced mushrooms, grated cheese (hex1) and a big pile of cucumber on the side with a cup of tea. STUFFED!!

No idea what I'm having for dinner ... might have to be a stuffed jacket potato, I don't know! Arghhh! I don't like being unprepared, its where I find myself going off plan! xxx

Back