Newbie on JUDDD

I'm finding my UP day really strange today, I keep going to the cupboard and thinking "oh I can't have that" it's weird:)

I'm also grateful for any low cal meal/recipe ideas for my Down days too:)

Don't worry about the can't have thing, we all started off finding the UP's weird as all of us are used to counting something or not being able to have things, believe me it wears off!!

Great start, I use my VLCD packs on DD's or don't eat depending if I'm a full down or 24 hours down so I don't have to faff around with the calorie thing, good luck!

Wow, that's a brilliant loss. I need to get regular losses again. I really don't understand the eating window 5-5 route, could you explain please?

I do the DD from 5 pm - until 5pm - It means I can have a tea every night lol. I still have 2000 calories or less but I don't do consecutive fast which end up being 36 hours long, allowing for sleep times. I have tried them but I can never sleep on the second night as I'm starving. xx

I appear to have gotten over the "no I can't have that" up day mentality quite well ;) Although I have found it much easier to recognise whether I want a food because I want it or am actually hungry and feel much more able to decide not to have something when the thought of it has popped into my head.

Are you posting what you are eating on your up days as well? I think its really useful to see what people are eating on both.

Diary for Wednesday UP

BREAKFAST

Blueberry bagel

LUNCH

Beans on toast

DINNER

Chicken breast
New potatoes
Baked beans

SNACKS

Crisps
Mr Kipling French fancy
Chocolate fingers

1306/2000 cals

Last edited:
I appear to have gotten over the "no I can't have that" up day mentality quite well ;) Although I have found it much easier to recognise whether I want a food because I want it or am actually hungry and feel much more able to decide not to have something when the thought of it has popped into my head.

Are you posting what you are eating on your up days as well? I think its really useful to see what people are eating on both.

Yep, I'll try and post for as long as I remember. How's your up day been, is it a down day for you tomorrow too?

Up day has been very tasty :) Possibly a little too tasty, but probably haven't gone crazy. Yeah, down day tomorrow. Will probably be too busy at work tomorrow to notice the lack of food and then tomorrow evening I've got to tidy and pack for a weekend away so hoping it will be an easier one than Tuesday. Going to try and fit in a gym session after work as well.

Food today looks good, and interesting to actually see the calories for it as well. I'm not counting calories for up days as it would completely do my head in!

I NEED my treats so if I count cals I can stay on track. I think:)
Weekend away sounds good. I could do with one of those.

Yeah, generally I'm not *that* interested in sweet treats. Its all about cheese for me ;)

The weekend away is likely to be more "endurance" than restful unfortunately. Its a weekend staying with family and that can sometimes be pretty exhausting. Usually I dread it a bit because its always been pretty much impossible to stay on a diet plan while staying with my mum as she is insistent on feeding you contantly so it will be nice to not worry about things this time.

My negativity is rearing its ugly head again, I'm panicking that this wont work for me:(

Aw no, don't let the negativity take over. It's a great plan and I think it'll work really well for you. I think it suits ur lifestyle. Hav faith honey. Bed early and be ready for your down day. xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Subscribing!

Have faith! This is the most like 'normal eating' you can get, so I for one am determined to make it work so we'll do it together. I was always a ww lover previously so we've a lot in common x

Down day today but I've woken up absolutely starving for some reason:( I'm on my first cup of coffee already.

I've got sausages with roast veggies planned for lunch and chicken breast with veg for dinner so I'm hoping the protein may help to fill me up.

I'm going to WI at home tomorrow to keep track of how I'm doing but official WI will be Monday. I'm having an up day Friday and Saturday then Sunday I'm going to try and have a down day but that may be hard.

Aaargh I hate it when you wake up hungry, it sets the tone for the day doesn't it?

The monster in your head saying it won't work is the culmination of all the other diets you've ever tried fighting for survival in your brain, as they slowly realise you have found the master key to losing weight and they are becoming extinct.

JUDDD works, it takes a bit of tweaking here and there and a little bit of self discipline, DD's can be rough and they can be easy, just have to roll with it and led the JUDDD fairy do her magic.

My DD lunch:)

Attachments

• image-3082732788.jpg
    image-3082732788.jpg
    589.5 KB · Views: 61
Aaargh I hate it when you wake up hungry, it sets the tone for the day doesn't it?

The monster in your head saying it won't work is the culmination of all the other diets you've ever tried fighting for survival in your brain, as they slowly realise you have found the master key to losing weight and they are becoming extinct.

JUDDD works, it takes a bit of tweaking here and there and a little bit of self discipline, DD's can be rough and they can be easy, just have to roll with it and led the JUDDD fairy do her magic.

Thank you for your kind wise words:)

I'm finding today better than Tuesday which was my first DD, I've had a nice healthy lunch. It's this time though that I'm dreading between 3.30-7.00 I find I'm ravenous, I literally want to eat everything in sight. I can go all day and not think about food but come this witching hour/s I go and ruin the good work I've done.

I was just doing my shopping online and I found that really really hard, I thrive on buying and cooking nice meals for my family, instead I had to think about what I can get for when I'm on a DD. The saving grace I've got is that hubbies going to be working away a bit next week and the kids are easy to do things for when I'm on a DD.

Thank you for your kind wise words:)

I'm finding today better than Tuesday which was my first DD, I've had a nice healthy lunch. It's this time though that I'm dreading between 3.30-7.00 I find I'm ravenous, I literally want to eat everything in sight. I can go all day and not think about food but come this witching hour/s I go and ruin the good work I've done.

I was just doing my shopping online and I found that really really hard, I thrive on buying and cooking nice meals for my family, instead I had to think about what I can get for when I'm on a DD. The saving grace I've got is that hubbies going to be working away a bit next week and the kids are easy to do things for when I'm on a DD.

I have to do his meals every day and I even cook breakfast the night before and leave it in the fridge for him as he's away at 5am some mornings, very very hard on a DD, it helps that he eats lo carb so I never really want to eat anything I'm making for him LOL.

I just think about what I can have tomorrow, it's only tomorrow after all, not 3 months time and then I can have a treat type thinking!!

I often do my food shopping on a DD, I have found my shopping bill has gone down as I want to get in and out of the supermarket as quickly as possible, mad isn't it!!

I've had a couple of tough DD's this week, which I was surprised about as I thought week 4 would be easier, but I do a DD on a Saturday and always fly through that because I'm busy and out and about and I still get to go to costas for my grande americano hahahahahaha.

I have found using the VLCD packs on a DD to be much easier, as I'm not thinking about food at all, it's just open packet and add water, I can easily go until about 1pm before I have anything, which makes it easier as well.

You'll find your balance soon, it just takes a wee while xx

Back