Newbie on JUDDD

Looking good on the scales front, when is official wi? Generally I find if I have 4 down days each wk I can lose about 2lbs. Not every week as usually have one week every few where I stall with an sts but generally it is quite consistent.

Official WI is Monday at WW, I help there so I'll continue to for a while, I get it free so it's ideal for an accurate WI. I'm only doing 2 down days. Is that a bad idea? Well it will probably be 2 and a half because I'll probably just try and be extra good on a Sunday:) there's no way I could fast Friday and Saturday.

I started on wed with 2 consecutive fast days and I'm scared to eat too many calories. I really struggled wiv weight watchers. Would loose half a pound, then put on 2.

You've got to eat or your body will store fat, I personally wouldn't do 2 consecutive fast days either. I'm going with 500 cals on a fast day and up to 2000 on a normal day I probably would be scared to eat 2000 so I reckon 16-1800 is fine. I guess it'll be trial and error to start with. You must eat though.

Best to calculate your upper limit on the JUDDD website, it takes the guess work out of the UP days, over time you'll find you eat less anyway and don't need to worry so much.

Best to calculate your upper limit on the JUDDD website, it takes the guess work out of the UP days, over time you'll find you eat less anyway and don't need to worry so much.

Hiya I have done but on an UD my cals were supposed to be 2467, there's no way I could reach that. Do you eat all your UD cals?

Hiya I have done but on an UD my cals were supposed to be 2467, there's no way I could reach that. Do you eat all your UD cals?

Not really but sometimes I do, my UD cals are only around 1900, so in the week I try not to go over about 1400/1500 leaves some wiggle room for the weekend!

I find 1500-1600 a good amount to stick to, it's difficult to know isn't it?

It is hard, and thats why I think it's important to track it as then you can see whats working/not working. It does take a little while to jiggle with this plan to see what suits best, which is why almost everyone has a different way of doing it!!

I think perseverance and not going totally mad on up days makes sense, at the end of the day it's just calorie restriction, so we have to be a little bit sensible

I think it says somewhere to assume you do less exercise then you think when calculating calories so go for the one below you think you do. I found this it be true.

It is hard, and thats why I think it's important to track it as then you can see whats working/not working. It does take a little while to jiggle with this plan to see what suits best, which is why almost everyone has a different way of doing it!!

I think perseverance and not going totally mad on up days makes sense, at the end of the day it's just calorie restriction, so we have to be a little bit sensible

My whole problem is binging, with WW I tended to not eat all day so I could use my points in the evening when I'm hungriest therefore being starving so i over indulged. so I'm hoping JUDDD is going to help me over come binging. I'm just really worried it'll have the opposite effect and that ill binge on UD but I'm going to try and use DD as a training tool to train my mind that I can overcome binges on a DD so why not on an UD. Thats the plan anyway:)

My whole problem is binging, with WW I tended to not eat all day so I could use my points in the evening when I'm hungriest therefore being starving so i over indulged. so I'm hoping JUDDD is going to help me over come binging. I'm just really worried it'll have the opposite effect and that ill binge on UD but I'm going to try and use DD as a training tool to train my mind that I can overcome binges on a DD so why not on an UD. Thats the plan anyway:)

Thats why I've changed to Fast 5, beacuse it limits the damage I can do in 5 hours, which is never as much as I would think it is, yesterday I struggles to get to 900 cals!!

I loved the results of JUDDD but I can't get to grips with the Up/Down aspect, I just felt all over the place, some people probably love that side of it though!

Tbh and not wanting to sound ignorant I really don't understand the fast 5 structure, I've had it explained to me a number of times and I still don't 'get it' I need it idiot proofed to me to simplify it.

I'm just going to go with how I feel for my UD and DD. I've had a busy heavy weekend and am actually craving a DD so I'm going to hit the black coffee and water all day and nothing else and then have a Sunday roast packed with veg. I'm WI officially tomorrow so hopefully if I have a good day today I might undo any damage from Friday and Saturday. I'll then do DD on Tuesday and Thursday as planned.

The sneaky peaks look promising, hope your WI tomorrow goes just as well :)

And I think the down days *do* really help to retrain your psychology about eating to help with up days. I've been away for the weekend staying with my mum who always tries to ensure you are eating and drinking constantly. It was much much easier to know when I was hungry, when I was full and managed to just eat what I wanted of something and leave the rest. Definitely a positive improvement.

Not too sure what to do, I think JUDDD isn't suiting me. I've been getting really awful cramps, bloating and tmi diarrhea on my eating days and painful 'empty' cramps on fasting days. Plus I'm really miserable on fasting days and horrid which I'm not even really aware of:(

Not too sure what to do, I think JUDDD isn't suiting me. I've been getting really awful cramps, bloating and tmi diarrhea on my eating days and painful 'empty' cramps on fasting days. Plus I'm really miserable on fasting days and horrid which I'm not even really aware of:(

ohh doesn't sound good at all Tracy. Obviously not for you then. Maybe try something else and see how you go. What about a feeding window with calories?? Or back to ww

Hi perhaps it more of what your eating is effecting your body? Perhaps on your down days you don't eat bread, sugary stuff and grains -then on your up day you have them? Perhaps your body prefers the protein and veg ??

Aloe Vera juice can be good for bloating and cramps.. Cranberry flavour tastes ok :) 25ml morning and evening..

Also you can buy probiotics in a tablet - just make sure it is over 30 billion per tablet - perhaps your stomach needs repopulation with good bacteria :)

Give the JUDDD method a few more weeks and if it still giving you bad stomach issues - anyway good luck :)

I've felt sooo ill I can't even describe how painful my tummys been. I've had no sleep because I've spent hours on the loo. I'm beck on ww this week to see if I can get it to settle. Could be a bug??? Ill probably try JUDDD again when I'm feeling better.

Back